Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. I don't like to look like I'm wearing too much cover up but I do have some acne scars and some pimples to disguise! This foundation feels so light on my face and doesn't dry me out or make me oily at all. I use 2 coats if I want to cover all of my scars. It is waterproof and sweat-proof so I am excited to see how it holds up in the summer.
I find it spreads easily and doesn't feel too sticky like a "concealer" foundation that doesn't spread well.
I find it doesn't transfer on to my clothing and it stays looking fresh all day!
I will continue buying this foundation!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved it. Just like more fluid and lighter version of estee lauder double wear, it controls oil perfectly and its lasting performance is amazing. I'm nc25 and using 2.2.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's been such an adventure with this foundation..I want to like this product badly but somehow I can't make myself. definitely don't recommend for dry skin. My skin gets drier in the winter and this stuff just made it look obvious. it accentuated every single dry patch; on my forehead, around my house and above my upper lip. I've tried it with their primer but it made no difference. I tried it with Vitamin E oil and that definitely helped more than my moisturiser and the primer. I just purchased Huile Prodigieuse (NUXE) and so hoping it will fix the issue for good.
The coverage is strange, it looks great and full on pictures but frankly that's what I think it was solely made for. It doesn't cover redness around my nose well and if i try and layer it, again it makes my skin look dry and flaky...
Blending with brush is okay, isn't streaky but I will try with a beauty blender and see if it helps with the coverage.
It does stay on my face whole day and I feel it'd be a good foundation for oily skin.

Now that I'm writing this review I don't understand why I even want to like this foundation...
definitely won't repurchase
bought their BB cream though, hope the problem doesn't repeat...

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

IM SORRY I've put off writing this review for long enough, I've changed EVERYthing in my makeup routine to TRY to make this work and I've gotten no where but more annoyed! So it's safe to say I HAVE given this foundation more than its fair chance. Any who.. FML this foundation is making my Thursday feel like a Monday it makes me so mad lol this is a rant! So it goes on fine feels good and light however it doesn't stay! NORMALLY I can apply my nars illuminator like no big deal, well unless I'm super carful to have 0% powder anywhere near the nars, the foundation rubs off in a blotchy horrible mess! My shiseido spray spf is a MUST since this crap has 0 spf, normally I can spray it on after my makeup is done and it dries and is lovely no problem, with this NOPE it gets all funny and erases this "long stay" makeup ERGH! So ok whatever wanna just fix it? Nooo u cant u have to completely remove the whole thing and start over because if u try to carfully "patch" the issue u will end up with a giant blotchy mess! Trying to use my normal powder routine is a MESS with this foundation nothing goes on smoothly it's just bad bad bad! I'm sorry again for the rant but I really thought this foundation would be lovely but I'm going back to tarte, I just can't deal! The gist? This foundation takes so much work to actually make it work, it's just not worth the trouble.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My favorite go to foundation I wear a 4.1 in this. Very light weight doesn't feel like you have makeup on. Con it dries fast so you must start blending right away ! It is buildable I wouldn't use if I wanted a super full coverage look but I don't really have any major skin concerns so it's good for me. Nice golden undertones unlike MAC NC can be a little too red for me. I always recommend for my brown skin girls 😊

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have the type of skin that decides it doesn't like products after about 6 months, so I needed to replace my foundation (Bourjois 123 Perfect - really liked it but now separating and generally looking gross after an hour).

I wanted to get a cheaper foundation, but I've been stung the past where the colour is all wrong and so end up spending more, so I got colour matched at Smashbox and came out with this.

It's medium to full coverage and can be layered which is good, the colour is great for me and I like the bottle (although I know it will annoy me if I can't get the last dregs out when I get to the bottom!). It lasts really well without separating or clumping, although I do have to be careful as a little bit too much can look cakey.

Overall though, I really like this foundation. Not sure I'd buy it again as at £29 a bottle it's not cheap if my skin starts rejecting it, but for combination skin with a lot of redness I'm really enjoying it.

For reference, I apply with my fingers so it's warmed up a bit, then blend with a bluffing brush or beauty blender. I then apply the Smashbox powder over the top and it really does give a flawless finish.

Let me start out by saying I have issues with dry, acne prone skin and a lot of hyper pigmentation, sun spots and scars. I used to use drug store foundations, but found none of them gave me the coverage and finish I desired. My skin would usually end up looking patchy, dry and flaws would still show through. And if I did find a foundation I would like in coverage and finish, it usually would wear over after an hour or two... I used this on a whim like most products. Just searching for something that makes me look flawless. Trying to perfect the canvas for my make up. The first week I used this I wasn't too sure if I liked it or not. After all, it was expensive and I wanted to love it because of it. I found it to be cakey and wet in appearance. Soon I realized that it was because I was using too much product! I was so used to drug store foundations that I was using the same amount as I usually would with other products. I learned quickly that less is more and that it dries down to a beautiful finish when using the right amount! I also love to use my hands to work this into the skin better than a beauty blender. I found warming it with my hands and massaging it in, smooths it across my skin better than a blender. It's thick so warming it in your hands helps it to smooth on and it dries quickly so working with a blender can cause it to pile up and cake if you don't work quickly enough. I found that cutting out the blender and using less product than I did with drug store foundation, that I would be saving money!!! After all, foundation is important. What good is great eyes and lips with a blotchy canvas? This foundation is full coverage, long wearing, is neither dewy or matte in finish, but somewhere in between looking quite natural. Smash box also has a lovely range of yellow undertones which I've always had trouble finding in a foundation. It's moisturizing for my flakey skin and the fact that it is full coverage causes me to need to use less concealer, again, saving me money in the long run. I'm on the same bottle now, for almost 3 months and I still have a lot of product left! Best foundation I've ever used. Worth the money and hands down best so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in 1.2 and the color match was good. (I'm an nc15 in Mac foundations) I didn't like this foundation because the coverage was not that great. I would say this foundation is light to medium coverage even though it claims to be full. You have to layer a lot of product to even get it to a nice medium to full coverage and for the price of this foundation ($42) that is just wasteful. Plus my skin broke out from this foundation. Only thing I liked about this foundation was the packaging.

This is basically the only foundation I use in my professional kit because it works for all skin types! It doesn't accentuate dry patches and it really lasts well - it still looks perfect after hours of sweating! I wouldn't recommend this for daily use though because it is so matte and so doesn't look 100% natural. It also hasn't broken any of my clients out and is good for sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I should preface this review by saying that I didn't purchase this, only tested it in store. I was looking for a new foundation that would be long wearing but also geared towards dry skin and this one sounded brilliant. With 16 shades in the UK, I thought I'd be able to find my match but unfortunately even 1.1, the lightest shade is WAY too dark for me. Even in summer when I'm "tan" I don't think this would be light enough for me. For that reason I'm marking it low. If like me you have very fair slightly yellow-toned skin - stay away!