Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

My favorite mascara ever! Very volumizing and very easy to work with. It separated my eyelashes and didn't clump. It only needs one or two thin coats and it makes my lashes look amazing. Will definitely repurchase this item.

on 2/20/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great mascara for me at a great price. Admittedly, I did not like it the first time I tried it on, but waiting a week helped the formula dry out. It curls and volumizes and does not smudge. You can add layers. My only qualm is that it is not super lengthening, but that is last in my personal list of needs in a mascara. It is so cheap that it is worth a shot. The other Jordana offerings are not as good, I would skip them.

on 1/31/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I kept seeing this all over the boards as the response for best ds mascara for thickening/volume, so when I spotted it randomly at my grocery store for $2.50, I had to get it.

Sadly for me, it didn't live up to the hype. I tried the version with the big brush first and found that the first use produced big, beautiful, thick lashes like no mascara had ever given me before. However, once the air hit it I suppose, the next couple times I used it, it was a dry, crumbly, clumpy mess - and it ended up in the bin.

The smaller brush version, though, didn't even impress me in the first use. The formula is very dry and was thick with crumbs and clumps from the start - without even giving a wonderful lash effect. It is a substandard mascara that creates, after cleaning it up, a no better than average lash look.

I will stick to Great Lash with the big brush for volumizing and a truly big lash effect from now on!

on 1/27/2015 3:52:00 PM

I am with SusieQ1970 below, what is with all the hype for this product? Excuse me, what is this mascara supposed to do? I have several other DS mascaras that are considerably better than this one - to make matters worse, I believed the hype, and ordered this online because it's not available in my area, so I got to pay S&H for it too. I would have gladly done so, except that, like I said, the product isn't worth it. It darkens my lashes, but with the very wet formula, doesn't allow me to build any volume at all. I'm left with darkish, slightly enhanced, sparse looking sticks for lashes. Thin sticks. I have blonde, kind of damaged lashes from wearing extensions and falsies for about 7 years straight (not advised). I need a mascara that REALLY allows me to build the volume and I prefer the thick, kind of spidery look (that's just my preference). This mascara doesn't even approach that, so if that's not your thing, then this product should be great for you. I have been using CG Lash Blast Volume in the bright orange tube; their brush is kind of annoying with its oversized circumference, but it really allows me to pile on product, so that I actually look like I HAVE lashes and AM wearing mascara. I would highly recommend that product over this one, and luckily for me, the CG one is widely available in stores near my home. This was a colossal disappointment and I will be giving it away.

on 1/24/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well I was so happy when I picked this up from my local Kmart for only $3 which is a shocker as I usually tend to spend 7-10 dollars for mascaras. So I immediately went home and tried it. This mascara is honestly an exact dupe for loreal carbon black mascara. But for me this mascara didn't really add a lot of volume as I want but it did darken up the lashes and make them longer. I do use this mascara now with another loreal mascara and it gives me the look I want dark, long full lashes :)in all this is an exact dupe for loreal voluminous carbon black mascara and the price can't be beat :)

on 1/18/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up to keep in my gym bag to use when I had to schedule my workouts and shower at the gym in the middle of the day. I didn't want or need anything fancy since I would only be needing it on occasion for half of a day.

On the one hand, I agree with a lot of the reviews on this product. This is a mascara that truly does it all (lengthens, adds volume, holds a curl) for a very reasonable price. It looks better on me than some HE mascaras I've tried. So it is a great candidate for something to keep in your bag on-the-go. If it falls out/gets lost/gets ruined in transit, you won't be out $10-$20 for a new tube of HE mascara. I use a lot of DS mascara anyway since I like to replace it often, but even DS mascara can get a little pricey if you buy it often enough.

I really like that the black shade is a true, rich black (not a muted grey-black or blue-black). I didn't mind that the formula applied wet and I thought it builded well without clumping. It has a chemical-y smell that is a little bit stronger than other mascaras I tried.

The smell didn't bother me enough to not use it but I don't think this mascara played well with my skin-type which is why I will be returning this. I found that after a couple of hours, some of it transferred to the top of my lids. I think that is because I have somewhat oily lids but I don't want to have to apply oil-controlling primer just to wear this. Also, I found removal to be somewhat of a pain. The formula isn't stubborn since dissolved off of my lashes with make-up remover, but I found that it kinda bled everywhere. Normally I can remove mascara with the front and back of one m/u remover-soaked cotton pad, but it took me three cotton pads and a q-tip to get all of the everything off.

P.S.: If smudging is a problem for you too, I found that CG Professional (in the blue tube with the curved wand) is one of the few DS mascaras that doesn't smudge on me.

on 1/14/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know that I am in the minority here but I was soooo disappointed by this mascara. I have read tons of great reviews and seen it used in many YouTube tutorials. I never buy anything but waterproof mascaras but all the hype convinced me that this was long wearing and the super cheap price convinced me to give it a try. I curled my short sparse lashes as usual but this formula was so wet that they immediately lost all curl. I tried to build it up some but it just seemed to get a little clumpy. No volume and definitely no length. Sometimes my allergy eyes water and this did not hold up to even the slightest amount of moisture. I eventually put a coat of waterproof mascara over it to keep the smudging at bay. To me, this mascara is an exact dupe for Maybelline Great Lash mascara. That is another much hyped mascara that didn't do anything for my lashes, so if you love that, you will love this too. I will stick with my old stand by which is Covergirl Lash Exact Waterproof. It has a dryer formula that maintains my lash curl while adding some volume and length, not a ton but enough for me to notice a difference. it is also extremely budge proof so I remove it with a cleansing oul.

on 1/11/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is definitely exceptional for its price. It lengthens, separates and volumizes all in one mascara and I find that I only need one coat to see this.
However these results do not last the entire day, after a few hours of wear the mascara has a lot of fall out on my under eyes and transfers onto my eyelids, and by the end of the day most of the mascara has crumbled onto my cheeks :(
HOWEVER i love to use this mascara to layer with other mascaras, so i tend to use one coat of this initially and go over top with my ysl baby doll mascara or maybelline colossal cat eyes and i love the look it gives and stops all the transferring and fall out!
But for the price and initial look it gives I would definitely repurchase

I have not only purchased about 12 tubes of this for myself over the past few years, but multiple tubes for friends, coworkers, the boss, the boss's daughter in law, etc. This is the real deal, folks. Rich, thick, black--volumizing and lengthening all in one tube. It's only $2.99 at Walgreens or Kmart (or wherever Jordana is sold) and each tube lasts me 4-6 months. The boss routinely slips me cash and asks me to pick up 'just a few more' for her, and let me tell you, she's usually quite picky. Being such a nice thick formula, it is subject to a clump or 2, but nothing that can't be combed out. It even holds a curl well, and I don't usually curl my lashes because it's such a pain. With this, I don't even have to!!! Long thick lashes, just amazing! Will always repurchase!

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, regardless of price.

I recently tossed the tube I'd been using for the past 2+ months, as it had finally dried out, and I'm missing it terribly. I'm now rotating through other mascaras I'd had in my stash and new ones I'd been excited to try, and nothing is living up to the standard it's set.