December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Heat Protecting Shine Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was ok not bad but I think I like my tresemme better

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MissPan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really didn't work well with my hair. I have processed hair abit on the dry side and this dried it out completely. Price is fine, smell is off putting and it doesn't squirt out of the bottle very well. I had to spray it on my hands then apply it to my hair. Won't buy again. So again, this product may be on the lighter side of a budget its not worth it when it makes your hair look and feel like straw.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The product inside this is great. It smells nice and it's not sticky and heavy like a lot of heat protectors are. Its light weight and dries quickly and I find it even de-tangles my hair a bit and leaves a light shine. If I could change anything about this product it would definitely be the package. I am attracted to spray bottles for heat protectors but this one is horrid. It squirts it out in a single stream hitting only one spot of your hair. My solution: I squirt it onto my hands first and then run my fingers through my hair with the product. Though the bottle is something that is aggravating, Aussie still really has some of the cheapest products out there (it was like 2 something for this bottle at Wal-mart) and they all smell great and usually work well. If you're still searching for a heat protector that isn't sticky or heavy try this one out, you may be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Karalynn888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The spray bottle is a pain, but I do love this heat protectant. At first I read positive reviews on Tresemmes, but after I purchased it I hated it. I used it first to straighten my hair and after it dried my hair felt brittle and weak, the opposite of what it should.

I went out and tried Aussie's and wow, it adds lots of shine to my hair and seriously makes it feel so silky and smooth! I will never use heat on my hair without this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very new to world of flat irons and heat protectant sprays. I bought this because it sounded good and I'm a fan of the Instant Freeze hair spray. As said by many, the nozzle just plain sucks so I poured the contents into a different spray bottle. Ahh, much easier. As a comparison, I used this with got2be Guardian Angel on one side and Insurance spray on the other. The Aussie left my hair smoother, shinier and less prone to frizz once I stepped outside into the humidity-laden morning air. It's easy to brush out and doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky, heavy or gross. When I blow-dry, I spray on a section, wrap hair around brush, blow-dry and slide brush out - voila, a nice smooth curl. For flat iron, my hair felt alive, not dead or dry. For now, I'm happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Makes my hair feel... bleh. I can't even describe it. My hair's soft and silky and then when I spray this in, brush it and dry it or even spray this only before straightening it just feels course and... harsh. I don't feel like this really protects too much either. The spray bottle is awful. It squirts out like Windex and soaks whatever patch of hair it's pointed at. The smell is pleasant, but that's about where it ends. Using this is probably better than putting a straightener on raw hair... I would assume. It made my hair EXTREMELY frizzy as well. I sprayed it on wet hair right out of the shower, flipped my head and blow dried it and even after straightening it my hair looked like humidity had taken it's toll. Humidity is NEVER an issue with my hair since it's naturally straight. I had a briss to go to and was so embarrassed showing up with a poof head. It looked like my hair hadn't even been brushed. I won't repurchase this stuff. I miss the Tresemee heat spray!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by steffaniemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find the tresemme heat tamer spray so I bought this one. It smells great & it's cheap but it's nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sssteeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HATE this product more than anything, it made my hair extremely sticky and it felt like it was burning my hair everytime I used a heat styling tool. The packaging is also horrible, the spray isnt a mist so it literally only goes on the spot where you point the nozzle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I bought because the heat protecting spray I usually purchase was sold out (tresemme heat tamer). I really wasn't expecting much from this, but figured I would try it out because the price was inexpensive. The directions say for use on damp hair and so far that is all I have tried so i cannot testify to how well this works on dry hair. I guess for the price this is a decent heat protectant - it smells nice, adds a nice shine to my hair, and doesn't weigh it down. Others mentioned a sticky feeling but I have not experienced that. The nozzle does not disperse evenly so to avoid having a concentrated build up of product in one section of my hair I spray a few times into my hand and then finger comb the product so the application is even. I prefer the tresemme heat tamer over aussie's so for that reason I will likely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I use this when ever I straighten my hair & I love it. I the packaging is very convenient and the product smells good. It makes my hair shiny & my hair doesn't feel dried out & burnt when I'm done straightening it. It's still soft & silky. & I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but since I've started using this my hair stays straight longer too. Like humidity doesn't make is curly again as quick as it did before.