Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 2/8/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had given this product a five rating a few years ago, but something is different. I remember when it first came out, I had worn it in the summer and it held up to high humidity and looked beautiful. I stopped using it for a while and thought I'd go back to it. The latest tube I bought applied just the same and looked gorgeous at first, but after a few hours there were black marks under my eyebrows where the tips of my lashes hit and flakes under my eyes. It also isn't super dark (even thought the color is called "So Black!"). I'll finish up the tube I have because it is an alright mascara and I love the shape of the brush and the nice separation it creates, but I'm going back to my Clinique High Impact once it's done.

on 2/5/2015 5:58:00 PM

I am not crazy about this product. Its adequate and I will finish it but definitely trying something else next. I have had it for less than 2 months and its already starting to get a bit dried out and I get little black crumbs falling on my cheeks when I put more than one coat on which is annoying plus it flakes occasionally during the day although it didn't start out like that. I don't find it to be spectacular at seperating lashes although that's what the SA told me it would be good for, its just all round ok. I love the packaging and the smell but not crazy about the brush as I like a symmetrical brush and find the triangular shape gives me funny lashes on one eye although I suppose it will depend on your technique as I always apply mascara with the same hand from the same angle for both eyes.

on 1/1/2015 5:31:00 PM

I originally bought this mascara to treat myself for the new year and I have no regrets! After the initial application the mascara is wet, but it dries quickly and without any clumps. Throughout the day I noticed minimal smudging on my lower lash line (because I tend to cry when I yawn and the formula isn't water proof). This drawback along with its inability to hold a curl (I have straight, sparse, asian lashes which is partially the reason why it doesn't hold well) would probably be the only qualms I have with this product. Other than those cons I have no other complaints.

The mascara definitely separated my lashes and created a nice, natural look. According to the website, it's supposed to help you achieve a wide-eyed look, lift/extend, and add volume. I personally did not notice any volume, but my lashes definitely looked longer. Another plus was the way my lashes felt. I experienced softer, fuller lashes that were less dramatic and more natural, which I think is a better look for me. This particular mascara is great for everyday wear, but I suggest purchasing a different mascara if you're looking for a mascara that gives a dramatic effect.

on 12/27/2014 8:52:00 AM

I was given this as a present from my mum and bless her soul for giving me it. First off though, I would like to say, hands down on the packaging. Absolutely love it. The mascara itself is definitely my favourite mascara. I love the wand because it is able to reach into the inner lashes and it is able to grasp onto all of them. It makes my eyes much larger and has a great finished look. Would recommend!

on 12/7/2014 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Doll Lashes to be a great daytime mascara.
Makes my thin blonde lashes look dark, longer the curve holds pretty well throughout the day. My favourite aspect is that lashes are kept soft and feathery as well, never crunchy or brittle. It doesn't clump. No major volumising here but I find it gives the perfect amount of drama for regular days.
The negative aspect is that it will start running down with a single drop of water.

on 11/19/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love super long fake looking lashes. A coworker of mine used to use this and one of my friends used the regular hypnosis, so she eventually talked me into buying this. I don't normally put mascara on my bottom lashes unless it's waterproof because I find smudges under my eyes, so I never had any problems with that with any other mascara. However with this, after a few hours I find flakes under my eyes even though I haven't applied any mascara there, I find smudges and my eyes are irritated. It provides length but not much volume, I was not impressed. I'm using my favourite mascara again which is the maybelline falsies in the regular formula on the top, and waterproof on the bottom with no problems. that mascara is way cheaper and gives me better results. So disappointed considering how expensive this mascara is :(

on 10/31/2014 5:45:00 AM

I love the packaging and brush of this mascara. The effect is amazing and my lashes look just perfect. It lasts whole day and the lashes arent clumpy. But I feel like it causes irritation on my eyes. My eyes are itching and full of tears after I use it. This is the reason why I wont buy it again. I dont have it for long time, so I should keep using it for more times and if I find out that the irritation is not caused by this mascara, I will edit this review and give it more points, because the effect is really lovely. Lashes look long and curled. Really like doll lashes.

on 9/17/2014 7:06:00 PM

My favourite mascara. The best one

on 9/12/2014 2:25:00 PM

I truly loved this mascara at first. it looks very natural on the lashes while they are still pop-up quite a bit. But after just a few hours it started to flake. Major disappointment. For the price and brand name I do expect way longer staying power.

on 8/16/2014 3:35:00 PM

Im never sure with mascaras if perhaps I got a bad tube but overall this was a disappointment, I've used regular Hypnose before and liked it fairly well but this didn't seem to do what is claims and I have long lashes that hold curl well. This did nothing to separate and fan out the lashes, nor did it curl. Plus it flaked a little bit, I like the brush shape because it is easy to get to all the lashes though. Overall this is a very average mascara with a big price tag. In my opinion, Dior mascaras or Hypnose are the best if you are willing to lay top dollar.