August 21, 2014 | 1863 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

Im never sure with mascaras if perhaps I got a bad tube but overall this was a disappointment, I've used regular Hypnose before and liked it fairly well but this didn't seem to do what is claims and I have long lashes that hold curl well. This did nothing to separate and fan out the lashes, nor did it curl. Plus it flaked a little bit, I like the brush shape because it is easy to get to all the lashes though. Overall this is a very average mascara with a big price tag. In my opinion, Dior mascaras or Hypnose are the best if you are willing to lay top dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted this to do what it claimed, but there were no "doll lash" like effects. After two hours the product began to flake black pieces on to the apples of my cheeks. For $20 some odd dollars, you'd think the mascara would at least be able to hold up well. The packaging is awkward and bulky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

My top faves are inimitable by chanel and DiorShow by dior, but this comes in close at second because of how great it is. Perfectly light and "doll like" just like it's ed. Creates. Princess like, fanned out look that is light enough to define and smooth and dark enough to add curl and volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

I like it, nice brush , dispenses just enough product, thickens, lengthens, not to the point where my lashes look fantastic, but it does a good job..it isn't dry, doesn't clump either...very nice!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Sigh. Lancome mascaras are so popular and revered, but I've yet to find one that is HG material for me. I was intrigued by Doll Lashes after seeing it featured in one of Monika Blunder's YT videos, as well as in some makeup looks that Lancome artist Shehla Sheikh had done.

About my lashes: I have typical Asian lashes, so they are short,thin, sparse, and straight. I don't typically go for an over-the-top look, but what I do look for in a mascara is something that will give a good amount of length and volume while holding a curl. Should be simple, right???

COLOR: The color of Doll Lashes is a deep, dark black, which is great.
BRUSH: The cone-shaped brush was ok at getting into the inner corners, but the wide part didn't really "lift" the outer lashes as much as I'd like, and seemed almost to make it more difficult to apply because I kept getting mascara on my eyelids.
VOLUME: Gave a decent amount of volume after 2 coats.
LENGTH: No length whatsoever.
CURL/LIFT: Did not hold the curl on my lashes.
OTHER: It did leave my lashes soft and not crunchy, which I appreciated. Also, decent to remove with makeup remover at night.

Overall, for the price, I would much rather invest in a Dior, YSL or Chanel mascara. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Milana21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mascara in the world just two coats intensely darkens the lashes giving it a dolls effect! My lashes are very short and sparse, however when I first started using this mascara starting from the base and pulling it up to the tip of the lashes spreaded out and gave my eye a wide lash effect spreading and coating each and every lash. The brush helps because it is small at the front then big enough to coat outer lashes. It defo gives my eyes a doll effect making the outer lashes curl out! I am obsessed I love it!!! I have been using it over a get and half now ever two weeks I need a new one!!! The waterproof one is the one I use NOTHING can make it budge!!! Because I have hay-fever my eye waters but this product clings on like crazy. I love it!! This is probably my 500th purchase from lancome!!! I've tried so many dupes that's are drugstore and cheaper but nothing comes close to this I LOVE IT!!!!!! 😊😊😊😎😎😎❤️❤️❤️

Cons: It's expensive!
- the formula seems to Finnish after one and a half weeks baring in mind I like 2-5 coats! But even so dries out fast! Not much in the bottle. Considering drugstore brands hold more applications!

regardless of the cons I will still repurchase these!! I LoVe IT

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mascara (Lancome you've done it again! Keep the good mascaras coming!). Very good in terms of lengthening but not really with the curling but it stays put despite my using the non-waterproof one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Meowmeow11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever used. I used to use Hypnose Drama, but I switched to Doll Lashes
I really like dramatic mascaras with lots of volume, but I am also really picky about clumping and lash definition. Also easy application to bottom lashes is a must for me! I usually use around 3-5 coats and don't have to use an eyelash curler.

Pros:
-Lengthens (without weighing down lashes; I had that problem with Hypnose Star)
-Separates wonderfully
-Curls and creates an open-eyed look
-Adds a decent amount of volume (multiple coats for a more dramatic look; you will never get the same amount of volume from this mascara as you will from Hypnose Drama, but I found it gives a really pretty doe-eyed look and you don't constantly have fakes falling in your eyes)
-Fast, tidy, and easy, easy application (good for being on the go, never had to tidy around my lashes with q-tips with this mascara)
-AMAZING wand for bottom lashes (adds really nice length!)
-Formula gives a natural texture (extremely smooth, plush, not plastic looking, not clumpy) to your lashes
-If you happen to fall asleep while wearing this mascara, the raccoon-eye effect is minimal to non-existant

Cons:
The price
Flakes a tiny bit if you have a lot of coats
Dries out faster than other mascaras, but should be fine if you replace every 3-4 months

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely a 5* mascara for me. It gives my lashes length, volume, definition and lift. I don't expect anything more or less from any mascara.

I love the wand shape, the tapered tip is great for edge and lower lashes, and the fuller base is brilliant for really plumping up the middle and outer lashes.

Only thing is, I know I can get the same effect from cheaper mascaras (L'Oreal's Manga Eyes is a great dupe) so this is more of a special purchase than a regular one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This is another very nice mascara (in regular formula) that doesn't work with my "Asian" (thin, point straight down) lashes and sensitive eyes. Because it's not the waterproof formula (I got it in a set with Cils Booster and Definicils for a nice price), I layered it over my waterproof mascara (Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes in waterproof). It was nicely volumizing althought a little clumpy (which is typical of volumizing mascaras) and after I would de-clump with a spoolie, I really liked the way the lashes looked. Unfortunately, my eyes tear easily from allergies and other random things like when I laugh, and then the mascara would flake rather badly. Once mascara starts flaking on me, it gets into my eyes and irritates them, causing more eye tearing, and then it's a big mess. This might be nice on someone who can wear regular mascara and doesn't have sensitive, teary eyes.