BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2035 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample of this...I just can not make the wand work. I poke my eye every single time I try to apply this mascara. It is also hard to reach the inner corner. The mascara clumps and makes my lashes look spidery too. The staying power is alright and removes easily with a cleanser. However the poking part is unbearable.

After all the hype I decided to give this mascara a shot. It was awful! The big rubber brush made it hard to get all of your lashes covered with out making your other lashes look cakey. I didn't like the formula very much either. It looked clumpy and flaked or smudged off throughout the day.

on 6/28/2015 8:11:00 PM

I only wish it was waterproof

on 6/27/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have super straight lashes therefore I always use waterproof mascara, somehow the lady at my local counter convinced me that this mascara will hold a curl like waterproof macaras would and I bought into the hype. Waste of $$$! It doesn't volumize at all, it doesn't hold a curl at all not even for a split second! I had high hopes for this but I learnt my lesson, no more non-waterproof mascaras for me!
I gave this a 3 because it does lengthen and so I'm using it up for my bottom lashes but clinique's bottom lash mascara works so much better and they're like $10 or any other drugstore mascaras!
Would never repurchase!

on 6/27/2015 8:50:00 PM

I got a travel size version of this, so I'm not sure my experience would be the same as the full size. I heard this was an amazing product but was disappointed. I found it to be a bit clumpy and did not lengthen and define my lashes that well. I had high hopes for the tip, which looked like a minesweeper, but I found this did not get the corner lashes very well. Again, the brush may be slightly better in the full size, but I would not recommend this.

on 6/27/2015 4:42:00 PM

I just can't understand all the hype about this mascara. Based on those enthusiastic reviews I had pretty high expectations on this product. But the miracle with my lashes didn't happen. It is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. I really hate the rubber wand. Although I always use my lash curler before applying mascara, this one can't hold the curl and straightens my lashes immediately. For me it's big NO-NO.

I had never tried this before, and made the terrible mistake of buying the full size. It made my lashes thick, clumpy, and spidery and didnt come off even with eye makeup remover. Trying to get it off was probably the worst pRt. I got a sample of the they're real remover, that did nothing as well.

on 6/25/2015 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had received a sample of "They're Real" from Sephora. Tried the mascara and loved it. I love the wand with the spiky end which really gets all your little lashes. I did watch the video on how to apply this mascara which was very informative. I have listed the link:

It really makes my lashes look full and long and actually people have asked me if they are real! I do however use Covergirl Lash Blast first then "They're Real" over that. When it comes to cleaning my face at night I do not use an eye makeup remover, I just use warm water and and my cleanser and gently rub with my ring finger over my lashes and the mascara comes right off. Yes it is very pricey but using it with another mascara first gives me some longevity. I definitely would buy this again.

on 6/16/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I expected this to be rubbish but it actually isn't half bad. I'm not the biggest fan of the brush and find that the bristles aren't too flexible and kind of harsh against the lashes. I also find the spikey end of the wand to be rather useless. The formula is pretty wet and goes onto the lashes quite easily. I found that this added a little bit of length and was quite generous with the volume, even though I have tried other mascaras that provide more. This also has a nice rich black colour. I think the biggest con is how clumpy it gets and quickly. I like to layer and build up mascaras as long as it doesn't take too long, but I find that this clumps up really quickly. However, this is a pretty common problem with my relatively sparse Asian lashes. This is hard to remove with normal make up remover but I find it removes easily with my favourite cleansing oil that dissolves even hard wearing waterproof mascaras. On the plus side, this wears really well and doesn't smudge or flake.

I find this to be a good mascara in that it actually made my lashes look different given that many mascaras fail to make a difference on me. However, I have found others I like so much more so I will not repurchase this. I struggle to find good drugstore mascaras but I imagine you could find something similar without paying this price. I don't mind paying $$$$ for an exceptional mascara, but this doesn't wow.

on 6/15/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Spider lashes, pure and simple. I got a full size tube of this for free and I would never go out and purchase this on my own. Stains the skin and is extremely difficult to remove, so it ruins the application for me. I've used drugstore mascara that is better. The overall effect is just tacky and unnatural, and I do not recommend at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials