Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Maybelline's first gen The Falsies was the best mascara I used from the drugstore. They keep trying to come out with different "falsies" and this didnt make the cut. The wand is similar to the Mega Plush wand which didn't do much for my lashes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It is a dry and light weight formula and it makes my lashes look very long. it is not make them look like falsies per say.
i got this for $4, a great price!

I purchased this mascara on Saturday and I wore it once so this is a buy and try. I purchased it on sale 2 for $12 at CVS. I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express the falsies flared waterproof in black. Here is the thing the claims are false eyelashes and if you normally like natural eyelashes this will give you false eyelashes . But I normally like false eyelashes every day so this is more of an everyday look. I like the packaging it is not bulky it travels well. It doesn't have a weird smell, it doesn't make my eyes water , it holds a curl and it does give you a lot of volume. Also there are many different looks for false eyelashes . I like a mascara to give me volume, length, separation , fullness and to hold a curl and to not flake, I do think I have high standards for a waterproof mascara and I will say that this mascara passed the test I would like more length and volume for and event mascara but for me this is great for everyday . I also think this mascara is definitely buildable if you want to take it to the max of what this mascara can do. I will also say when do apply a few coats of mascara it can get clumpy but that is with any mascara and I'm talking 4 or 5 coats so. I will say if you want a good everyday mascara and you like an every day false lash look this will be a great one to try or if you are looking for a false lash effect mascara for an event I also think you will like it. I think it is meant to be an every day false lash mascara but can be worn as an event mascara by curling your lashes, piling it on or pairing it with a lengthening mascara. All in all I think it is worth a buy an try also the brush is a curved natural bristle brush with a lot of bristles. It is a thick wet formula as well and the mascara is pigmented. So I like it a lot don't love it but I think in time I just might love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is really flaky and clumpy. It crumbles off of your lashes not long after you apply it. It really sucks as a mascara haha. I was disappointing as it is kind of expensive to pay for something that you don't like and will never use again. It's not a good mascara, the Maybelline mega plush mascara is soo much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was a disappointment. I remember loving the original Falsies. I have short sparse lashes and it made my lashes clumpy, and it also made them stick together. There wasn't a lot of volume and length, and the brush was too big for my small eyelashes. However once it started to dry in the tube, I found that it just worked better and it would do what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was that the formula was just too wet for my lashes or that the formula is better when it's a little dry? When it was dryer it would brush through my lashes pretty evenly and then it would give me volume. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this mascara.

Ever since I started using Maybelline mascaras, I didn't bother looking for another one 'coz it works so well. It gives me nice volume and curl. If I am so lazy, I would just put on a BB cream, get my brows done and wear a mascara. This product is part of my daily routine!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A not too bad mascara, that dries out quickly. My lashes look nice after using, but it really isn't special. I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

omg I looove this mascara! I'm a huge fan of Maybelline mascara and this is my favourite behind define-a-lash, so I guess you could say it's my holy grail black mascara haha. I love using the mascara on more heavy/smoky looks as it lengthens and curls my lashes exceedingly well. The formula applies really easy and it doesn't clump or have a whole heap of fallout. It's just my go-to mascara whenever I don't know what to use haha. Either way, really love this mascara and will be re-purchasing.

I love the way this mascara looks when I first apply it to my lashes it gives a very nice voluminous soft look but it does actually tend to make my lashes look a bit shorter which is weird

The brush is really good I love the way it has two sides they work really well together

The chink in the armour though is the formula... It's a bit too dry first of all which normally I nearly prefer to really wet formulas but this is super super dry and then of course there's the flaking... It really only lasts about two hours before it starts to really flake and after a while the mascara on the tips of my lashes had completely faded away and this happens every single day

The formula is a huge let down but the brush is really good so I'll definitely use it with a better formula and if I lost the brush I would definitely repurchase it

This is my all time favourite mascara, firstly it has a curved brush which allows you to reach every lash. It really lengthens and curls my eyelashes. I've used it for around 2 years and I feel for the price it's a perfect mascara. The formula isn't too wet which some people dislike, it's just right. I really love this mascara & would definitely recommend it:)

Popular Mascaras