August 22, 2014 | 1106 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are hands down the BEST brushes on a budget! Super soft, a brush for all application needs, very well priced, easy to clean and very sturdy! I have bought 3 of these sets and love them all. I do not use the carry case they came with and have simply put them in my brush holder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Three out of five of these brushes are excellent and the other two are just okay.

1) The base shadow brush is an excellent brush for applying shadows and I wish it were sold separately. It applies the shadows while simultaneously blending them and I find that I prefer it to using shader brushes which can leave inconsistent results.

2) The deluxe crease brush is great but I find that I like it better for blending out concealers and liquid/cream contours than I do to actually use in the crease. I find it's a little to big and imprecise to use there and I prefer to use my sigma brushes to blend out the crease. However, it buffs out underye concealer and cream contours very well. This really should have been included in the face brush set.

3) The accent brush is great for small precision work such as work on the outer or inner corner of the eyes and highlighting.

4) I have naturally thick brows so I don't use the brow brush for it's intended purpose but I like using this brush as an angled liner type brush to apply eyeshadows for cut creases and to apply shadows on the lower lash line. This brush is thick and the bristles are a bit separated so this brush is just "okay"

5) The pixel point eyeliner brush is the brush I reach the least for. I tried using this for eyeliner and the brush is too flexible and imprecise. I tried using this for tightlining and it's slightly better for that but nothing to go crazy about. This one is also just "okay"

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These brushes are so good! Pros: they are extremely soft and gentle on the eye ( crease and base shadow brush), accent brush: so small and perfect for adding the detail you want, eyeliner brush: also small and soft, very versatile so you can make a thick or thin line). The eyebrow brush is much tougher but also allows you to build color gradually, like all the other brushes. These are my favorite brushes. Another pro is the cute pink handles. The only con I have us that I wish the brushes are longer.., they remind me too much of travel brushes (which they are because they come with a case, which also comes in handy).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kenandbarbie

I love theses brushes to death!!! I will not buy another brand now its so perfect I'm glad my best friend who's a makeup artist introduced me to these.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sizzle0431

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I would actually give this 4.5 stars. Love the brushes. Super soft. Haven't had any bristles fall out. Only brush I don't really like is the blending brush. I was hoping it would be my favorite. It didn't blend out my shadow it more or less picked it up and kept it. Lol my ELF 1 dollar brush does a better job. Not that I can't find another use for it like for my under eyes for blending out concealer. I was just hoping it would work better. I actually like the shadow brush better for blending the shadow. All the other brushes are wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

Amazing what a proper set of brushes can do for the eyes! I've always invested in brushes for all areas of my face, but seemed to always skimped on eyeshadow brushes. The crease and shadow brush make popping on colour and blending effortless. The brow brush is perfect for defining your brows, it picks up a lot of pigment. I like to use the fine liner brush as a lip brush and the smudgey brush for tightlining.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by camilka

REVIEW FOR BROW BRUSH ONLY
I have tried the Mac 208 and Mac 263 with the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade with very bad results. This brush, though it it rather big, makes the application fool proof. Very good brush for this purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Cathrinetang

Excellent brush collection!! The quality is so nice, and because the hair is synthetic, they won't fall of. I prefer these brushes over any, firstly because of the price...compared to other brushes - OMG. Second of all they blend beautifully, and you can use them for other purposes, such as concealer and maybe even cream highlighter. I use all of them nearly everyday, and could not be without. Lovely quality brushes:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Now let me start by saying I said no to buy it again because it you buy this set, you won't need to buy the same set again! I do really love the brushes BUT I think the set could be improved upon. The quality of these brushes is AMAZINGGG, and the price is even better! Under 20$ for 5 eye brushes of great quality is unbelievable! But I don’t think the ‘FINE LINER BRUSH’ is good for eyeliner, the name doesn’t suit the brush at all as it isn’t fine, and it is WAY too think. Real techniques does have a thinner/finer liner brush that should have been in the collection instead. So it’s pretty much useless. The brow brush I like for gel brows, however it is not precise at all, I’m sure if you use more of a mousse/cream brow product it will be more dramatic. I think they should have made it a bit smaller and thicker. The accent brush… I guess you can use it to smudge, but it is just TOO TINY! You can smudge with it, but you can’t go super smokey or anything like that. I find it too small to highlight brow-bone/inner corner of your eye. They should have made it bigger. The other 2 brushes I have nothing bad to say about they are great! Base shadow brush applies any powder shadow amazingly, super soft! Whether you want to pack something on for a bold look, or lightly swipe on some shadow. Deluxe crease I like for under-eye concealer, cream shadow, blender out foundation in smaller areas like around the nose. All in all I gave it a 4/5 for the overall quality. However some of the brushes I barely ever use. Those should probably be replace. But for a bigger I really recommend this and their face set!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes, they are so soft and affordable. When they first came out i received this set as a christmas gift, and it really was my starter kit. A few years later i have many more brushes from several brands and these are still brushes i come back to, i especially love the brow brush and I've never felt a need to purchase another! Also the smaller detail brush is wonderful for putting shadow on my lower lash line or inner corner. The only brush I'm not really a fan off is the liner brush, which is thicker than the line's individually sold liner brush and WAY too thick. A nice winged liner is a go to for me and I'll sometimes go for a thick and pronounced line on my eye but even this liner brush is difficult to manage for the precision i want. Despite that, i still love these brushes and i would still recommend them! They're incredibly soft, and I've never had any issues with shedding. Plus they're an amazing price!