Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 2/24/2015 11:59:00 PM

really cool packaging, reminds me of my Maybelline full n soft...only a lot more expensive, superior ingredients though no doubt

This is really one of my favourite black mascaras that I have tried. It sells for around 24$+tx at Sephora in Canada, which isn't amazing but not crazy like Lanc˘me or Dior.
It creates extensive length and volume on my lashes and comes in a cute wooden tube.
It really gives me the best overall effect for value that I have found. There are other mascaras like Hypn˘se Doll Eyes that produce a similar effect but it cheaper.
The ONLY bad thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't last as long as other mascaras - I guess because it is clay based? I mean that I usually throw out my mascaras every 3 months anyways due to sanitary reasons (seriously if you don't you are inviting a host of nasty eye infections bleugh) but it gets a bit dried out around the 2.5 month mark and doesn't have the same intense black colour.
All in all I really like it and will continue to repurchase it in the future.

on 2/5/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara really gave me great definition and length - I was impressed at how it didn't clump despite several passes with the wand. It didn't thicken my lashes at all, just lengthened and curled them slightly, but the brush really seemed to catch each and every lash and bring them up and out and make them longer, to a surprising degree. The mascara lasted 10 hours on me without flaking or smudging. The only reason I wouldn't re-buy this if I ran out is because I think there are several other really great mascaras at the drugstore that perform equally well for much less money; if money were no object, or I had a gift card, I would definitely buy this again. I love the wooden container, very unique; and there's no discernible fragrance, which is good in my book.

on 1/25/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love this mascara, I got this at sephora in mini because I tried it @ the store & loved how it gave me plenty of length. Definitely doesn't wear out a lot. Recommend. xxoo

on 1/15/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Other than the packaging, this mascara does not cut it. It's super clumpy, yet wet at the same time. Sadly, this does nothing for me. I had such high hopes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this formula and brush. I get really sensetive eyes because of allergies and this mascara is very gentle, it is not for drama but for everyday. It is very light-weight and doesn't give a lot of lift or volume but a lot of definition and is very easy to work with, it doesn't really glob up as you try to space your eyelashes out so it's really great for someone new to makeup or someone that wants a very natural look. It doesn't fade, flake or smear. I'm not sure if I would be repurchasing because such a dainty look is not really my style but it is great at what it does.

on 1/6/2015 2:55:00 PM

Totally dry and flakey. Doesn't hold a curl or really *do* anything. It irritated my eyes by the end of the day because it flaked off so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The packaging is super cute, like bamboo, but that's about the best thing I can say for this mascara.

This is seriously the driest mascara I have ever used, yet it still somehow manages to be gloppy. It exists in that weird range where one pass of the mascara wand does barely anything, but a second pass of the wand makes me end up with hairy tarantula legs for eyelashes. Not a good look. I don't hate it enough to toss it, because it was expensive, but I definitely am not a huge fan of it- it's too finicky to apply.

on 12/17/2014 10:06:00 PM

I like how this mascara never clumps and gives a lot of volume and length. It looks really natural too. However it does flake a little and won't hold a curl. Won't be repurchasing because I've used drugstore mascaras that are just as good (L'oreal Voluminous and Maybelline One by One just to name a few).

on 12/10/2014 9:13:00 PM

this mascara does a good job adding volume and lengthening, but it does clump. the mexican mascara i'm trying to replace clumps less and actually curls my lashes as well, but this is the best natural mascara i've tried so far (ewg ratings are great). i think the whole tube is a lot larger than it needs to be, which makes it bulky.