September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Chelle329

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara!! And I've tried them ALL. This one allows you to build multiple coats, and applies smoothly and evenly over every lash. Lengthens and thickens. And absolutely does NOT flake or smudge. You can apply lightly for a daytime look, or the multiple coats for a fake eyelash appearing evening look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This stuff was just decent but you will get the same (if not better) results with a drug store mascara! not worth the money at all. tube is stupidly huge haha

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I really wasn't a huge fan of this. I didn't hate it enough to throw it out or anything, but couldn't wait to replace it with something else. I absolutely love every single Tarte product I've ever used, except this one. The formula is dry-ish and barely coats my lashes even after 2 applications. Since so many applications is needed to achieve even a minimalistic look, obviously my lashes clump up during the process! I did like how it made my bottom lashes look for some reason, and the packaging is adorable. Definitely not running out to buy more but am open to other Tarte mascaras in the future! I'd probably give this away if I got a sample of this or it came in a set (like this one did).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jlaper

I really, really like this mascara. As stated before, the bamboo tube is adorable and not terribly cumbersome to handle, and the formula thickens really well and lengthens slightly. What really made up my mind on purchasing this mascara again has to do with the fact that it does not clump on my lashes, nor does it leave soot on my lids as the muggy NY summer grinds on. Virtually every other mascara I've used, both high end and drugstore would migrate in the heat, leaving me with raccoon eyes. Not Amazonian Clay. It loses a star overall for price and for me, difficulty of removal. Soap and water doesn't touch it- you will need an oil based remover to clean this off of your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I didn't purchase this mascara, I received a sample size in Sephora's 500 point perk Tarte package.

pros:
- packaging is cute. the bamboo-esque tube is charming
- the wand is straight and simple. no curves or anything. sometimes, the simpler the better
- the amount of product that comes out is perfect, almost to a minimum which I like. There is ZERO excess product that comes out that you have to wipe off. Good on ya Tarte! this is a major plus.
- I don't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day with this mascara

cons:
- doesn't hold my lashes' curl
- doesn't give a lot of volume to my curls which I usually like. the effect i get is a very natural, clean look with this mascara. I don't get spider lashes with clumps in it. so i use this when i don't want to wear much makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! I already have long lashes, but I find that it makes them even longer while separating without making them clump. I really do love it! I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is a pretty nice mascara.

What I like about this mascara is it separates lashes very nicely while giving them length without clumping AT ALL.

The only flaw is it doesn't add a lot a lot of length to your eye lashes.

Might buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always told myself I wouldn't fall for high end mascaras especially after being so dissapointed with benefits they're real. but I got a sample pack from tarte with this mascara in it, and I love it. it kind of feels like there's not much product on the wand, but that's what I love that it's such a dry formula but it doesn't flake or anything. it lengthens and separates beautifully, although I usually do another coat of a bit of a thicker mascara, but I love it as a base to get the lashes how you want them. most definitely looking to purchase the full size

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used two full sized tubes of this thru different Tarte combo gifts. I must say, I usually think every mascara on the market is barely "meh" but this one is actually pretty nice! Coats my lashes well and makes them look more thick and lush. I do have a favorite drugstore brand I use (Jordana) but this one is alright too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this for the most part. It's probably not my favorite mascara in the world...it doesn't separate as well as I'd like and sometimes gets a little flaky at the end of the day, but it definitely added quite a bit of volume to my thin, sparse lashes.