April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lilyroserobinson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've being using this product for almost is months without any significant result on my scars. I bought it hoping that it would help to fade off some acne scars that I have, as that among other benefits is whatnot the creme offers. I'm kind of disappointed, but I must say that I like the softness that it gives and I have no problem with its fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

Unlike some illuminators that can be overly shimmery or glittery, this one just reflects a little bit of light to even out skintone and make it look like you're glowing from within. I don't think of it as a serum (maybe I should?), but rather a makeup product. Typical use for me is to apply a serum after my morning shower, and then mix a small drop of this in with my moisturizer. I am unconvinced that it has magical skin-healing properties, but do think it's nice for a wash-on, wash-off inner glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Cilla94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the super product. It evens out the skin and gives a very nice healthy glow. I absolutely adore it's scent, it's not too much but still it's good! This product is truly amazing, it improves the skins texture effectivaly and acne scars will be reduced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Silfor

I am about to buy my third bottle, this product is amazing, especially if you don't feel like wearing makeup and just want a little 'glow'. It absorbs quickly and brightens complexion immediatley, I have recommended this product to numerous people and can't believe I am only just reviewing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by atong84

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this serum and would continue to use it (though it costs quite a pretty penny). I love how it illuminates my skin and adds that extra boost of moisture below my moisturizer. Also, I have noticed a dramatic change in my old acne scars. And anytime I get a new outbreak, it disappears much quicker with the use of this serum.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

It is nice when you apply it, skin looks radiant. However couple of hours later it starts to dry my skin and makes my makeup look cakey.

Update:Ok, after some creative application experiments, I found that overall makeup cakiness (and I normally use only concealer and a little pressed powder) decreases if I apply the Idealist OVER my moisturiser (Estee Lauder Daywear Lotion SPF 15), however I think theoretically this method defeats the purpose of the serum, since the moisturiser creates a barrier to all the serum's antioxidants and other good-for-skin ingredients. What I am left with in the end is a purely cosmetic effect which is not worth paying $92 - I can do the same with a nice highlighter.
ps. I do not dare to think of wearing it at nigth with all the silicone and glitter.

On a different note I can recommend Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate that is albeit a differnet purpose product (subtle exfoliation and skin turnover) but gives similar results in terms of overall radiance of face, goes nicely under my moisturiser and gives a nice velvet feel to my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

This feels so lovely on my skin and I notice a difference when I don't use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by natasjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Don't expect a miracle to happen when you use this, but it definitely helped to even my skintone. Acne scars are less visible, reduced redness, less/no break outs, just an overall better/fresher look. I must say the effects were better noticable the first 2 weeks than they are now (after using it 1,5 month) but I wouldn't stop using it. It's quite pricey though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

UPDATE: I have downgraded this serum because it seems to have leveled off, and stopped working for me. No additional lightening effect. Bummer. Maybe my skin got used to it? :(

---------------------------------------------------

I have been using this at night along with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (ANR first, then this on top), for about 6 weeks, and I have noticed that this combination does a good job of evening my skin of blotchiness and redness. My skin looks much more uniform and luminous. Pores are smaller. Fine lines are lessened. And it has helped lighten age spots moderately (maybe by 30-40%). But the age spots are still there - it hasn't removed them ......... Just lightened them. Overall, I do like the product and the positive effects on my skin, and will continue to use it. Maybe if I remember to, I'll check back in another month or so and let you all know if it has any further inprovement to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Mrslefondre

Fab!!! I'm shocked to see so many negative reviews if I'm honest. Only been using this product a week and I've already got the confidence to go make up free! Which is a miracle as I've not done it in 10years. Amazing as all EL products are :-)