December 22, 2014 | 1218 users online

Lip Gloss - Essence - Stay With Me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss is ultra cheap and looks pretty good, so its worth the price, but no way is it long lasting. That claim is simply false. The applicator is a very weird bulbous shape and makes even application difficult. The gloss starts out shiny, and loses its shine after an hour or so, just as any gloss does. The gloss itself feels rather smooth, not at all sticky or thick, which is quite nice for such an inexpensive product. The colors are buildable. One sweep is quite sheer but you can add more to deepen the color, which is also nice. If you have a cup of coffee or a snack while wearing this, it will be completely gone, just as most glosses, which is not something I would expect from a supposedly long lasting gloss. A hint of color might remain if you put a lot on, but most color will be gone, and all shine. If you can get past the weird applicator, this is actually a very nice gloss. I would probably rate it higher if it didnt make the claim of being long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

Amazing lipgloss, amazing formula, amazing pigmentation, shine, and finish. So why did I give this amazing lipgloss only a 4? Simple. I HATE THE APPLICATOR. It's terrible:( but the lipgloss itself is amazing so I'm willing to work with it. It's also cheap so I don't hav to worry about losing it when I leave it in my purse. Also another plus: it has no scent which is fantastic cuz I have terrible allergies and anything scented will stimulate itchiness and terribleness in my nose. So for ppl like me, this is another plus:P

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these lip glosses! Essence is one of my favourite brands for lip products because they are so affordable, and the quality is great. They are so pigmented, especially this stay with me line, and they last for a long time on the lips (a few hours- which is a lot to ask for from a lip gloss). The only down side is that they can be a tad sticky, but that is a given with any 'long lasting' lip gloss.

The link below is a video on my youtube channel showing all of the ones I have, plus swatches on the lips if you are interested!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have chronic dry flaky lips that have been this way for over 10 years. I was not able to use many lipsticks and definitely not stains because of the flakiness. This product does not run into my dry flakes and covers beautifully! It has a sheer but bright pigment and it is not sticky at all! The smell is very light and pleasant but the gloss is tasteless. I love how even after the gloss disappears there is still colour left on my lips from the stain. Definitely a great buy for the cheap price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

These glosses are average: they're sheer and not really pigmented. I'm not a fan of the applicator because it's awkwardly shaped and not very big, but the lip gloss bottle is small and cute. The gloss comes out goopy on the applicator, but the one thing I really like is that the gloss is not sticky and it goes on pretty smooth. It lasts about less than an hour, but most glosses do. Since it's only $3, I was okay with getting it even though it's not amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Color: 06 berry me (the rightmost on the image).
I like the bold color and the stain it leaves. It is a bit drying and slightly sticky. I usually don't wear lipgloss, so this tube will last long for me. If I run out of it, i might try another color. Maybe the purplish one?
I think the smell oddly fits the color, as it remains me of berries.
The applicator has an unusual shape, it's concave (thinner in the middle) and I like to apply to the lower lip with the middle and to the upper with the tip.
I don't think it's especially long lasting, but I don't have much experience with gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Washuhuara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Candy Bar. It's glossy and a bit sheer. When you open it the slimy consistency makes the wand drag some of the product on the tube's opening and sometimes out of it.

I like:
-the smell
-the colour
-the price

I dislike:
-the wand's tip. It makes it difficult to apply properly to upper lip. I took off the tip and replaced with a doe foot and superglue.
-the stickiness is uncomfortable. I keep pressing my lips together and feel the urge to swipe it off with tissue paper.
-wears off easily.
-I have to reapply constantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

In looooove, they glide on so smoothly and the colour pigmentation is amazing. Also they aren't sticky at all and the colour selection is really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by calico23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Super creamy, moisturizing, lovely stuff. And so cheap!

I like the applicator.

I rank this with my other favorite glosses, loreal riche lip gloss, and clarins plumping instant light perfector.

I use all light colors, so cannot comment on the darker pigments.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not terribly long lasting. It probably lasted 2 hours on me. It has a funky smell I don't like and it is not over the top glossy but it is true to color. It is not sticky, which is nice. It is very inexpensive so I definitely recommend it. Ulta sometimes has it on a buy 1, get 1 1/2 off deal.