July 22, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Hibiscus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really beautiful coral with a hint of golden shimmer. Usually I steer clear of bright colors and reds as they tend to make my olivey skin look sallow but,this shade is a real winner.
I don't know I just love it,it makes me feel pretty :)
it goes on smooth and mac lippies smell like cadbury mini eggs,how can you go wrong?
I feel like this would work on most skin tones,so if like me you are afraid of bold colors I say just give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This reddened coral lipstick looks great on me. I usually don't look good in reds that have strong orange in them- So Chaud, Chili, Hey Sailor look horrible on me. But, this lipstick leans coral-orange-red and it looks fantastic. It kind of reminds me of my See Sheer lipstick, but looks waayyy prettier. I have dark skin with strong yellow undertones, and this lipstick looks great against my skin.
This is a typical summer color because it's kinda bright, but I've worn it in the winter when I'm wearing a seafoam colored sweater and it looks banging. Grab this color is you can find it.

NC50/BB Warm Almond

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by msmaura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on ebay after it sold out within days of the Surf Baby collection release in Toronto MAC stores. It's a beautiful punchy coral that brightens up my NC43 complexion. It applies sheer and can be built up to an opaque bright lip. The colour is absolutely gorgeous, but is not very moisturizing for a cremesheen.

That said, it is definitely a spring/summer lip colour, and its bright pop feels inappropriate for my office. I wouldn't rebuy simply because I prefer lipsticks that can be worn year round and in multiple environments.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by angelcakesters

I know this product is over a year old, but I never really wore it since I tried it. I should've returned it, but I was determined to have it work for me because the shade is so pretty. I'm about an NC30 in the summer. When I apply it, it looks HORRIBLE. It's a tomato-y red & that looks awful with my skintone. I thought it would look nice since it suits more warm skin tones better. I finally figured out how to make it work for me and why the color looked so ugly on me & so great on Christine of Temptalia (we have about the same skin tone). I have really pigmented lips. For this lipstick to work on me, I apply very little on my lips to sheer it out. It gives me a nice stained look & maintains that pretty red coral color. If I want a more true color, I apply a concealer on my lips & then apply it to give me a pretty coral almost pink looking color. It's a nice color, I wouldn't say it's very unique, there's tons of pinky/red/corals out on the market that don't take this much effort for it to look good on me. If this was permanent I wouldn't purchase it again. But I do like the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous creamy opaque coral/red. Pigmented and really wakes up your whole face with a bold punch of color. Love it! My fav MAC lipstick & cremesheens are really the best formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Nice and bright really suits my NW35 skin. I bought 2 back ups I love this lippie so much that my tube is nearly half.
The packaging is so pretty. My fav lippie from the surf baby collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice Red/orange color it just wasn't as bright as I thought it was going to be. But it's still a gorgeous color to own. I just wouldn't repurchase if they came out with it in a different collection because I don't that it's that unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why they wouldn't make this a permanent item! This item was clearly the most popular of the Surf Baby collection. I, as many others girls, was looking for the perfect summer coral. This is more of a warm toned red with coral undertones. It was a perfect fit for me!

I have fair/pale warm skin. On my lips, the lipstick looked more red but definitely a warm red. This is the a very wearable red for me. Many reds I've tried tend to be too blue or too neutral for my skin tone but this definitely makes warm toned girls look radiant! I've seen this lip color on a pale, cool toned girl and it still worked for her! The red tones is cut with some coral undertones, thus making it more summery and slightly more wearable in my opinion. (If you play video games and have played LA Noire: this is the color that best suits the lipsticks all the girls wear in the game! lol).

The texture goes on creamy, but dries pretty quickly. Thus, why I always use balm underneath to keep my lipstick from drying out. It does last quite a long time. And while eating, this rubs off less than most MAC lipsticks. The finish can be a little dry unless you put something underneath.

The packaging is a little cheap looking. The white bullet and the flower decals look cheap, imo.

I can't believe this is limited edition! I bought two of these and don't want to think about when they run out! =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Pretty colour, but not for the faint of heart! I rarely feel appropriate wearing this, and am definitely giving it a rest for the winter. The formula is top notch, creamy, opaque and comfortable to wear. Lovely packaging too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good God this color looked HORRIBLE ON ME!!! I know it is a beautiful tomato-y orange and I am sure that it looks fantastic on many a warm toned gal, but on my neutral-cool skin it was god awful. Just wanted to let people know that although this is a spectacular color, not everyone can wear it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No