October 23, 2014 | 2181 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by crzynluv56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOOOVE this product. I love that it is organic. My skin has a bad reaction with parabens so when I find an organic shampoo I get so happy! I have fairly relaxed caucasian hard with slight wave to it. I dye my hair a fairly dramatic red color and in a little over a month it hasn't faded more then it usually does. its usually hard for me to find an organic shampoo that doesn't strip my color like crazy! AND THE SMELL. UGH. gurl. GET.IT. for those complaining that it doesn't later: its very similar to a cleansing conditioner. Not alot of lather but the lather you do get is VERY luxurious and rich feeling. this shampoo and the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo will definitely be my favorites for awhile :) I recommend them both. LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading about the brand and products. I have curly, relaxed Caucasian hair. Since I also color my hair, I am careful what I put in it and focus on hydration and moisture. This shampoo is sulfate free, and I'd heard good things about it, so I decided to try it. Unfortunately, I am in the "hate it" category.

It did not lather AT ALL for me, no matter how much I used. It just left a thick coating on my hair that I couldn't rinse out. Once my hair dried, it was crunchy, like I had used too much product in it.

I decided I should give it another try, using much less product, but the second attempt was the same as the first. I didn't use it a third time.

I wasn't a huge fan of the smell. Had I loved the product though, I would have tolerated it.I really wanted to like this, but I just didn't like anything about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by twilty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo worked great the first few times, made my hair smooth and soft. Now my hair feels a bit dry after use, but it is still better than many of the other shampoos I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shann0n0shea

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Background on my hair: 3b curls, damaged from over processing, crawling with split ends, and had horrible breakage and fall out. I needed to get my hair as healthy and grow it out as possible before I cut it so I can have more hair to work with when I cut it to get my desired cut. This product over the period of time of using the entire bottle DID bring my hair back to life. It put back some much needed moisture. I used this as well as the restorative conditioner but the conditioner was not moisturizing enough. I'm currently using the Curl & Shine and tbh I like it much much more

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by rolocrazy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I have relaxed African American hair and this provides a ton of moisture and softens my dry hair. My only complaint is that I noticed it turned my grey strands yellow. The grey hair sections are completely yellow and no longer shines silver. Just beware. Other than that an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It has a surprisingly huge lather but it doesn't strip your hair or your scalp. Really good for my 3b/3c curly hair. I can't really identify the smell... Maybe it's the shea butter and sea kelp. Also I think it overly moisturized my scalp. After three days of washing my hair I just develop dandruff, the greasy kind. But I am willing to ignore all of that because it leaves my hair soo soft!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! This shampoo is perfect and it moisturizes your hair so well and it has no sulfates! I've been using this shampoo for over a year and I have nothing but good things to say! I use it every weekend and it makes my hair so soft! I am obsessed with this shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's the first shampoo that I've used that hasn't left my hair feeling brittle and extremely dry after shampooing. My hair is left soft and moisturized after each use. I also feel that this shampoo does a great job washing away all the dirt and oil and I love that it has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates. And for those who are concerned, this product has an earthy, musty smell.

I won't be repurchasing this product because it has sea kelp, which seals the cuticles, and is counterproductive to my low porosity hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG I love this shampoo and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn on me, my fav Aveeno shampoo was discontinued and it has been a nightmare to find a replacement, I have dry scalp, dry wavy hair, live in a very dry climate, have hard water and on top of that psoriasis!!! I've tried everything from low to high end even prescription and other organic shampoos, Walgreens had a sale and I said why not, I'm so happy I tried this, to me $10 for this gem is a fantastic price, it's priceless to have super soft hair that doesn't need conditioner after and scalp that doesn't burn or itch at night, the only con is that I felt that I needed to wash sooner that I am used to but maybe it's because it's summer and temps are at around 100 degrees.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first sulfate free shampoo I've used so I can't compare it to anything else. My hair is 3c/4a, very dry and so far so good with this product. Its definitely left my hair more moisturized than other shampoos, even more so than other conditioners! For a sulfate free shampoo, with no other detergents, it actually has a decent lather to it. Not as sudsy as what I'm used to but I can manage. I took a lippie away for the scent. It has a strong, earthy almost men's cologne like scent to it. Not that I'm trying to scare you away. Good thing is it doesn't really stick around so I can work around it. Shea Moisture is a bit expensive for a drug store brand. This shampoo was around $11 for 13 fl oz. However it is brand that is truly organic and sulfate free, which is very hard to find in a drugstore. I can actually prononuce the ingredients! What its made without:
No sulfates