April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by willowgirl18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! I use it when I wash the length of my hair, which is once every 2-3 weeks or after I deep condition with oils. I use a different sulfate and 'cone free shampoo for my scalp which I wash only 3-4 times a week.

The formula is very lightly and naturally scented; it's clean and natural smelling, and is not funky in any way. It's extremely thick and a little goes a long way. On the off chance that I do use this on my scalp I tend to need a half-dollar size amount to cover everything. It does not lather, so if you're switching from a shampoo with sulfates to one that's natural and doesn't have any like this, then it may take some getting used to. It doesn't strip hair at all, and is completely safe for color treated hair.

Results wise, this product is a miracle in a bottle! My hair and scalp have never been healthier! My hair would be described as corn-silk blond, and it reaches the middle of my back and it tends to become brittle on the ends and splits a lot even though I use no heat whatsoever on my hair and no longer dye it since returning to my natural hair color. This product really cuts down on split ends and makes my hair so shiny and soft, my boyfriend and I love it! My hairdresser and her co-workers comment on how healthy and shiny my hair is every time I'm in there! This in combination with a good hair care routine, and the conditioner of the same brand are amazing!

I've had the bottles for approximately four months and I'm just reaching the top of the label. This product lasts a really long time therefore it's worth the price, and hence why I didn't take off a lippie for it!

Overall, I really really recommend this is you have problematic hair! This should change your life! I will no longer use anything else besides this product for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by meganhowdy

I'm a hairstylist and this is my most favorite shampoo!!!! Natural, healthy for your hair and scalp, hydrating and adds volume! My hair has grown twice what it normally does since I began using it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by snapeyouinhalf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this and the matching conditioner and deep conditioner because I use the lotion, body wash, and dry oil in this line. I love the scent. I also try to avoid sulfates and silicones. While the shampoo did a pretty good job of getting my hair clean, I did find that it was extremely hard to spread around my scalp. I'm alright with the little-to-no suds thing, as I've been low-/no-poo for at least a year, but this shampoo is so thick that it just sticks in one spot on my head. So I took the amount that I'd normally use and put it in a squirt bottle, added some water, shook it up, and squirted it in my hair. It worked a lot better that way. I realize that's some extra trouble to go through, but it made sure that the shampoo was evenly distributed through my hair, gave me way more lather, and the amount of shampoo used went a lot further than it does by applying it directly from the bottle, so I don't have to use as much at a time.

My hair feels clean, extremely soft, and tangle free after using this shampoo. I'm almost tempted to not use conditioner after, but I'm afraid my hair would end up a tangled rats' nest by the time it dried if I didn't. The scent is amazing and it sticks around. I have long (lower back), wavy/curly hair. I color it infrequently, don't trim as often as I should, and sometimes use heat to style. I love how curly my hair is after using this shampoo/conditioner and air drying. I'll definitely have to buy some more when I eventually run out (if I don't get sick of the scent after layering every possible product).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Mintyxfresh

This the PERFECT shampoo. I love that it is made with natural products, yet still does the job. It even foams like a sulfate containing shampoo, but without the harsh chemicals.It is great at restoring shine and removing product build up. Massage it into your scalp for a few sconds, then let it rinse out through your ends. Great product for curly girls, definitley give this shampoo a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo makes my hair soft, shiny, bouncy and it smells amazing. Less hair falls out when I brush and I get a lot less breakage in general when I use this. My ends don't make that crunching sound when I rub the hairs together, and my hair doesn't get tangly. It feels and smells high-end, something that is good for your hair. My hair gets greasy at the roots, so I use a shampoo with more sulfates on my scalp (generally Brilliant Brunette but I experiment with other shampoos too), in order to get it adequately clean. Once my scalp feels clean, I use this shampoo on the middle and ends. I never used to be "high maintenance" enough to use 2 different shampoos at the same time, but believe me, it works. Hair can be combination type just like skin, where you have some oily parts and some dry parts. You wouldn't use the same product for combination skin, so why do it for "combination hair". If you have dry, very processed or coarse hair, you probably don't need to have a 2 step process like this, but for me it is absolutely essential.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair has never felt so soft after shampooing, there was almost no need for a conditioner. I love the smell of shea butter, and it is present in this shampoo. It lathers up nicely, but not too much to the point of drying your locks. It left my hair looking healthier after one wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jamieisjewish

I am on my second bottle of this. I really like that it cleanses so gently and my hair feels clean after. It doesn't dry out my ends or anything, though I never really shampoo the length of my hair, I just let the suds from cleansing my scalp wash through the length. When I got my hair cut last year (about 8-10 inches), the salon owner said that my ends were dry from sulfates, so I haven't used sulfates since then and I've been particular about what I shampoo with. I've used some more expensive shampoos, but I am happy with the results of this. It still isn't cheap at $10 from Sally's or Target, but I trust my hair to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

I like this shampoo. It makes my hair look really healthy and cleans decently well. However, this does not suds up, and in order to adequately clean my beyond the shoulder length hair I feel like I have to use 1/4 cups worth of this stuff. And that's just to clean my roots! I only use this every other day since it is a more expensive drug store product. It smells good and makes my hair healthy. I would repurchase, but I have other shampoos I like to use in my rotation. I like shampoos that are low-poo but suds up a little more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by dessums

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only shampoo I've been using for the last couple of years. It has a mild, unobtrusive smell and prevents my hair from feeling "squeaky", even after multiple rinse-and-repeats, which is important. My hair does not feel dry after using this product.

I feel it's a fairly standard shampoo -- without the squeakiness, of course -- and works to rid my strands of oil/lint build-up after my hair's been braided up for a month. Diluted with water, it is a great alternative to co-washing (and makes my hair feel cleaner)

Overall, a good, inexpensive, moisturizing shampoo. I'm still open to finding other shampoos but, at the moment, I've been happy and am not searching -- it works good for what I need it to do. It would be great if the bottle had a pump, though.

(For reference, I have natural kinky-curly hair: 3c all over, of medium density with average porosity, and 4a in the crown area, which is more dense and the strands are a bit coarser.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really in love with this stuff! Great smell, great ingredients, and it moisturizes my hair wonderfully. Every time I use it, I feel like I don't even need conditioner because it's just so moisturizing. I haven't had any problems with build-up, but I guess I've only been using it for about a week and a half, so maybe I'll see what everyone else is talking about a little later. Also, I don't know why, but at the Walmart around me I got this for 5 dollars and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on sale. Maybe it was. Who knows. Anyway, I really love this shampoo and I will continue to use it and repurchase it!