July 29, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Fruity Shine

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by patzolay

I want to love this lip balm but I cant! the smell is pretty good but I donīt like the finish or color left in my lips.

I bought it about 4 months and try several times to like it but definitley is not a good one :(

Alone or under lipstick is the same history, bad bad bad

Maybe would be better if were more pigmented or less glosy but this one is a no no

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Olom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry so I decided to try out the Strawberry kind and was initially not crazy about the colour but it soon grew on me and became one of my HG lip care products. Now, however, the company "repackaged" all Fruity Shine products (different looking label) and I'm pretty sure they messed with the Strawberry formulation because it does not give my lips the same colour as the previous packaging did! While it still moisturizes and gives my lips a subtle shine, the colour is just not there anymore and this was a big factor in why I kept using the lip balm. I hope I just got a "bad" batch!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Azura2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the strawberry one of these.
This lip balm isn't one of the best I've used. Here's a list of pros and cons...

PROS
- it smells amazing!
- it looks really quite nice, good tint, shiny with a bit of sparkle to it.
- the packaging is nice and cute.
- it feels sort of nice, smooth and glossy. Not waxy.

CONS
- it doesn't stay on very long.
- the colour, although nice, is a bit too red for school or casual occasions.
- when the cap is taken off it looks just like a lip stick and when reapplying at school people have actually asked me why I'm putting on lipstick. It's just not the most casual lip balm I guess.

I wouldn't buy this again.
I suggest baby lips or maybe a jelly belly lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

I really love this product! it has a very affordable price, its very moisturizing, the scent is awesome, and the tint is amazing! I really like this product and will purchase again! You definitely need this in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by makeup1999

i really like this product :D it has a nice tint of red and a shine of glitter. the color and glitter isn't too strong so i can put it on for whatever occasion. i think the red tint in the cherry one is better than the strawberry fruity shine lip balm but i think it all depends on your skin tone, the strawberry one doesn't look good on me but i'm sure it suits many other people with a different skin tone. the packaging is really small and fits in my pocket which is really good because i need at least one lip balm with me all the time. its not THAT moisturizing but it works for me after 2-3 swipes :D the smell is okay-ish actually its nice, its just that it smells a little bit like my cough syrup. the price is really affordable, in fact all the nivea lip balms are priced really well. i don't really put makeup on to school so this is a perfect thing to pump up my look.

GREAT PRODUCT :D WOULD DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Only reason I give 4 stars and not 5: This isn't really a lip balm. My lips got dry this winter, although I was using this product every day couple times a day, they still got dry, and I could still peel off the dead skin off my chapped lips (they stayed that dry.)

Now the pros: I LOVE the scent, feel, look, and color of Fruity Shine Cherry. It gives a great red-ish color. For someone who has a pale skin like me, red can look like an overly bold color to wear during the day. This red isn't that bold, it looks pretty natural in the sun light. The shiny part is at a level that it doesn't scream, "I'm wearing lip gloss!" but it still shines and even gives a little volume to lips via the shine factor. The lines on my lips also look pretty less than it normally is. Unlike lip glosses, this isn't sticky, which is a big plus.

Bottle is also great. I like the fact that it is so small, I can just put it in my jean pocket when I'm walking my dog without carrying a bag.

I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by March9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have it in Cherry and it is my favourite tinted lip balm!

It provides a nice wash of colour to my lips. It looks really natural and the colour is buildable. The cherry smell is pretty strong but it does not bother me as it goes away soon after application.

I'm quite satisfied with its staying power, and it lasts for a fairly long time (not taking into account drinking and eating).

It is not super moisturising but does a decent job. Applies really smoothly and is non sticky.

Definitely a steal at its price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the cherry flavour, while in India. Couldn't decide between the pink guava, raspberry and the cherry tint, lol!
This is more of a lip tint than a lip-balm. It does not seem to have any soothing effect for the lips,nor does it protect from cold sores, chapping or scaliness.
It gives an attractive color+sheen to the lips and spf protection - or so it claims.

The long list of ingredients is not a likable aspect for me. Also, after applying this tinted balm, my lips feel drier!
Overall, a 3.5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by maemae13

I've been using this product for 5 years now and i have it in strawberry flavor. I've tried the cherry but it's too red for me. I love this and I can't go to work without it. I think im addicted to it. Seriously! :) so that's why i need to make this review. What i love about this is the color and shine. It gives a natural red lip look with a sexy shine without overdoing it, not too glossy.. The scent is ok, taste fine. And for 5 years I never experienced any cracks or dryness on my lip. The shine doesnt last that long but the color stays unless you eat and drink. But I dont care, I can always touch up. I just love how it make my lips red naturally :) I hope nivea wont get rid of this. Very nice product! definitely would always repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You can't go wrong with a nivea lip product in my opinion as they're all really moisturizing and feel good on your lips. With that said, this balm is colored a dark red color similar to the packaging, but when you put it on your lips, the color is so sheer it's hardly noticeable. It almost might as well be a clear lip balm because the color hardly does anything. I have tried the non-colored ones by nivea so when I tried this, I was looking forward to the color showing up on my lips so I was disappointed. It smells like a nice subtle cherry scent. The actual balm is fine but I might just go back to the other ones by nivea because there's nothing special about this one that makes it better than the other ones.