Nivea Fruity Shine

3.8

My favourite lipbalm - 5 lippies! I take it everywhere with me and I must be onto my 5th tube by now. It is cute, affordable, smells great, hydrating, pop of colour and looks great under lipstick. My favourite is strawberry, but I also own berry shake and peach. I recommend it for use during the day for the smell and subtle colour tint, for overnight I find paw paw ointment more moisturising.

on 3/15/2015 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using the Strawberry flavor for several years. It was moisturizing, smelled wonderful, and gave a very pretty light red tint with just a light swipe. I often used it in place of lipstick because it was so lightweight and was so nicely pigmented without being over the top.

Sadly, I just ordered another tube, and it's been reformulated. The scent is much more subdued and chemical-y, and it is less pigmented with a darker, more drab color. If you've ever had natural strawberry jam (which looks darker and browner than commercial) that's a close approximation. Several swipes deposits hardly any color at all, and the formula feels heavy due to the high amount of castor oil added for shine.

I am very disappointed, and will be clinging to my last tube of the good stuff with my life.

on 2/18/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to have this in "Strawberry", for which the formula glides on easily and keeps my lips moist and plump with a nice reddish tint. When I ran out of this, I got it in "Pink Guava", of which the formula is thicker and less moisturising. Sometimes after using it consistently, it makes my lips very uncomfortably dehydrated. I really liked the Strawberry, but really don't like the Guava.

on 12/7/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I found this product at Target while browsing around.
I was in need of a lip balm with decent quality since I was running
out of my Oralife Peppermint Oil Lip Treatment which was too expensive($6).

I got the Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry since I remembered a year or two
ago my friend owned it and it came out with a great tint and fragrance for a lip balm.

The tube of lip balm came with 5.5 ml which seamed like enough product to last me a while. around $4
The packaging is very cute and chic looking because of the shape.

When I opened up the tube, the balm itself shimmered nicely and had a strawberry colour.
It didn't smell as amazing as I remembered (it had such a strong smell, when my friend wore it I thought she wore perfume). It's got a bit of a medicated smell to it, AKA gross.

I swatched it on my wrist and there was very little to no colour, unlike the one my friend had which I guess was the older version. It glided on nicely with a noticable shine, hence the name Fruity Shine. There was a good amount of glitter, but not too much.
On the lips it did give a pinker\redder appearance which was just right.
I do wish it was stronger, like the older type but this is okay as well since it's more natural.

As for the point of lip balm, moisture it moisturised nicely. It wasn't anything like tinkerbell magic but it was a bit more than decent. A few more applications later, my lips felt baby smooth. But after the product fades away you will begin to feel the dryness coming back very slowly.

on 10/9/2014 11:21:00 AM

I love this lip balm! In order of crescent preference, I'd rather choose the strawberry one, the cherry one and the guava one. This latter is difficult to find, so I usually use the cherry one. It gives you a mild reddish-purple natural lip colour and, most importantly, it hydrates and cares for your lips... I've never seen those ugly vertical dryness lines on my lips since I'm using this! Of course, colour is not as intense... but Nivea Fruity Shine is my current daily "lipstick"! I don't use anything else on my lips (but real intense lipstick on special occasions), and they never looked better! Other pros are packaging and price. I will repurchase and repurchase for ever! I'm in love!!

on 8/13/2014 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have pigmented dry lips, and this is one of the few cheap balms that actually works. I got this in Strawberry on a BOGO sale for $3 ($1.5 each). It lives up to its moisturizing claims. It is balmy and not sticky at the very least. I use this more often when I have chapped lips and this one helps me a lot in reducing the sting and the peeling. Definitely my go-to lipsaver :")

The colour shows up pretty well on my pigmented lips. Smells really sweet that some people might find it offensive if you apply this in public. It is indeed a cheap but great product.

on 8/11/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I adore my cherry flavored type...it leaves my lips sooo hydrated like Vaseline and smells sooo delicious! Since it has a slight color pay off, I often put it over top one of my boring nude lipsticks when I want to gloss up my look. Also, I use it often and still have a lot of product left. I do enjoy Baby Lips as well, but find this to feel more nourishing on my lips and for my lips in the long run.

on 7/20/2014 11:26:00 PM

I want to love this lip balm but I cant! the smell is pretty good but I donīt like the finish or color left in my lips.

I bought it about 4 months and try several times to like it but definitley is not a good one :(

Alone or under lipstick is the same history, bad bad bad

Maybe would be better if were more pigmented or less glosy but this one is a no no

on 7/7/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry so I decided to try out the Strawberry kind and was initially not crazy about the colour but it soon grew on me and became one of my HG lip care products. Now, however, the company "repackaged" all Fruity Shine products (different looking label) and I'm pretty sure they messed with the Strawberry formulation because it does not give my lips the same colour as the previous packaging did! While it still moisturizes and gives my lips a subtle shine, the colour is just not there anymore and this was a big factor in why I kept using the lip balm. I hope I just got a "bad" batch!

on 11/6/2013 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have the strawberry one of these.
This lip balm isn't one of the best I've used. Here's a list of pros and cons...

PROS
- it smells amazing!
- it looks really quite nice, good tint, shiny with a bit of sparkle to it.
- the packaging is nice and cute.
- it feels sort of nice, smooth and glossy. Not waxy.

CONS
- it doesn't stay on very long.
- the colour, although nice, is a bit too red for school or casual occasions.
- when the cap is taken off it looks just like a lip stick and when reapplying at school people have actually asked me why I'm putting on lipstick. It's just not the most casual lip balm I guess.

I wouldn't buy this again.
I suggest baby lips or maybe a jelly belly lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments