February 1, 2015 | 1981 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 3:39:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this is not the most convenient for me to use since I'm from the U.S., so I have to order it online to get it, I've been really happy with this foundation since I've had it (about a year). It's lasted me a really long time, and it's surprisingly good for the price in my opinion.

It is a runnier foundation, and it does have a bit of a scent (somewhat reminiscent of berries?) but I disdain scents in skincare, and I actually find this one to be quite tolerable. The pump is very convenient, and it applies easily. One thing about this foundation is that I think it's especially suited for drier skin, because of the "serum-like" texture. I will also say that it isn't the most long-wearing of formulas; I do notice it tend to break down after a normal 8 hour work day. However, I think this foundation is really good for mixing with other more long lasting formulas to add a nice dewy finish.

Would definitely recommend to those interested in trying Bourjois products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:10:00 AM More reviews by love_e

This foundation is med-coverage, I found it a little too matte and drying for me in the winter. In the summer, or if you're doing something active this is great - absorbs oils and has good staying power.

I like the scent but it is a little strong. I'm almost finished mine and liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:39:00 AM More reviews by stipvanderstip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The foundation did not work me.
I'm pretty disappoint 'cause I heard it works for others. Too bad everyone has another skin tone and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 10:10:00 AM More reviews by aramura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

my new HG!!! Didnt expect I would be so so so happy with the product, but I am!! Undetectable on face yet covering enough. Definitely buildable, no problem to achieve at least (!!) medium coverage, my imperfections were concealed, dark under-eye circles and pores disappeared - no need to use concealer afterwards. And the amazing scent is just...wow! I love it.
My color is 52 Vanilla and I am absolutely happy with it. Very nice fair shade with yellow undertone.
Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 1:47:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of the regular healthy mix foundation but this one is the one that seems to be available now.

Its ok, I like that the color is still a good match (52 for NC20-25).

I don't find it lasts very long at all, nothing close to 16 hours.

I don't particular love this foundation but its ok. Good enough. Would not buy again because there are many other reasonably priced products from the drugstore and I honestly own a ton of other foundations including 2 bottles of regular healthy mix. but its ok and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent basic drugstore product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Eyelid91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry patchy skin that's prone to eczema, especially in the winter, and generally foundation seems to cake and flake after an hour or two, but this works really really well for me. It's a gel formula, so it's basically a liquid but without that powdery feeling when it's dried, once it's on it has a silky texture similar to a primer, this makes it very easy to apply and blend. I only ever use my fingers to apply it, it's always even and it's easy to use it lightly where you don't need it so much and put a bit more on where you feel you need it.

The coverage is light, but it's best suited to dry skin where there's not likely to be a need for high coverage (for instance acne and scarring) so for small patches and blemishes it covers perfectly well.

I use shade 52 (Vanilla) however I think that all of the shades are yellow based. I personally think this works well, dry skin can sometimes be a bit dull and the warmth of this foundation adds to the dewy glow. I am naturally more pink based, and very pale, but this is a really good match for me and warms me up slightly, and makes my dry skin look a bit healthier.

The only downside of this is the lasting power, it claims to be "16 hour" but it really only just lasts the day, even then there's not a lot left, which is why I've only given it 4 lippies. However, it is a soft liquid texture and by nature this just isn't as long lasting, so it's the price we dry skinned girlies need to pay!

Overall, if you have dry skin and want a glowy, dewy, healthy look, this is the best of the bunch, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 5:52:00 AM More reviews by raluko

Considering how inexpensive this is and how well it works, it`s a great product to have in your make up drawer. It blends very easily and doesn`t show up on skin if you use a sponge or brush, and the color matches my complexion really well. It is too hydrating for day wear in summer for my combination skin and I am also not impressed with the SPF (only 15). I usually pair it with a high SPF primer for daytime wear. It`s a nice foundation to have around. I don`t use it every day because my Koh Gen Do Aqua is much more forgiving to my skin and it gives me a luminosity that Healthy Mix doesn`t. Also it is no longer sold in Japan and I do not trust internet companies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 1:43:00 AM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Average medium coverage. Nothing special to report. Nothing necessarily bad, but nothing special. Nice skin colour match, smells good, average medium coverage. Not nearly as good as revlon colourstay or colourstay whipped creme (my favourite at the moment!).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mongolia35

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation..I wear the lightest 21. I have chanel, dior and all hi priced brands..this holds up to them..next I will try the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-Sheer to Medium Coverage
-Shade 53 matches perfectly to my NC25-NC30 skin
-Long Wearing
-Dewy/Natural finish (my skin but better)
-Covers blemishes well
-Lightweight and feels like I have nothing on
-Everyday foundation worthy!!
-Definitely would repurchase
-Hydrating and does not accentuate dry patches at all

Cons:
-Scent (Smells very strongly of fruits... does fade once foundation is set)

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No