Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.5

on 3/19/2015 3:30:00 PM

This is my second bulky jar. The first one lasted me 2 1/2 years. This product is perfect for bringing life back into my mature and dull skin. Foolproof bronzing and contouring. I will apply on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and under my jaw for contouring. I will even use it in the crease when I am in a hurry. I like to apply it with my real techniques contour brush. The effect is subtle, it disappears into my fair to medium skin. Downsides for me is brush-hair is sitting in this beautiful product, and not travel friendly.

on 3/16/2015 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I only recently pulled this out from the back of my drawer to try again. Good stuff. I use it as a makeup base, after moisturiser but before foundation, and it makes my makeup perfect. I am pale and so this way it's not too dark on me. Makes my pores look teensy weeny. That's all I can say really. It is quite pricey and not easy to cart around (heavy glass jar) but there is no need anyway as it lasts all day and keeps my makeup fresh. Worth every penny (and there were quite a few pennies - about 3200 from what I recall).

on 3/14/2015 4:42:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! This bronzer is so different to all other bronzers on the market; it is so subtle, natural and not overloaded with shimmer. I held off buying this for a year but finally took the plunge and bought it a few weeks ago; mainly because it costs AUD67. Now that I own it and have used it almost daily, I can say it is well worth the money. The product provides a very subtle bronze/glow, like you've been sitting in the sun for a few hours. It just makes the skin look so healthy! You can use this for a subtle contour but don't expect the hardcore definition that the Kardashians sport; hence making it perfect for the weekend/minimal makeup look. The packaging is a shallow but wide circular container and the product is a harden mousse like texture that can be difficult to pick up on the brush (which is a good thing to me as there is not a lot of wastage). As you need so little of it to get the desired tanned glowy look, I can see that this will last a long, long time. I absolutely love this and will definitely recommend and repurchase!

on 3/1/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So worth the money because you'll never finish it, best bronzer ever

on 2/23/2015 10:47:00 PM

i bought this afew weeks ago and so far so good... it gives me a natural tan and doesnt make me look muddy.. a little can go a long way so i think thats where people have gone wrong.. plus with the price you pay you would want it to go a long way right? so far i love it and yes i recomend if you want a splurge ;)

on 1/8/2015 10:42:00 PM

This review is based primarily on the ingredients versus the finish/cosmetic use. I wanted to love this but I'm not thrilled with the ingredient listing. The finish is beautiful, but it's made of potentially harmful ingredients-first ingredient-meaning largest component - is cyclopentasiloxane, which is often used as a CHEAP alternative to vegetable glycerin. It also includes (but to a lesser extent) BHT; both are known to be disruptive to endocrine systems, wildlife/eco systems, and also possible cancer-causing agents. I'm actually pretty okay with a lot of not-so-natural stuff (to a point) and- to be fair- you see these ingredients often in cosmetics (there is worse out there), but I try to avoid BHT altogether and I want to see compounds like cyclopentasiloxanes later in the ingredient list, if at all. Yes it's beautiful...but the ingredients just don't read "luxury" to me, especially at its $48 price.

I hope Chanel reformulates this soon; the ingredients are cheap and lack the skin loving ingredients I expect from a high-end company.

I give it three stars for the product amount, packaging, and wear/finish (regardless of ingredients).

on 12/24/2014 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to and still want to love this but I just don't! I can't seem to get it to look good on me. Have seen it used on you tubers and they all obsess over it. I will keep trying. The colour doesn't seem to show up great on my medium to tan skin tone and can look patchy. Other than that, it looks and smells great! I'll keep trying but I'm losing hope! Definitely wouldn't repurchase

on 12/23/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product probably does not need another rave review, but whatever I'm writing one anyway! Initially I was confused by this and I felt that it 1.) rubbed off my makeup and 2.) did nothing. I used it again a couple months later and I am now obsessed. The reason why I did not like it before (I think) was that my skin was quite bad-- lots of acne and scarring especially around my cheeks where I would apply this product. So when I used it I could not help but buff away my carefully placed concealer or apply so little that you could not tell I was wearing it.

But now that my skin is nice and clear I have really fallen in love. I wear this everyday, in every season-- despite how much or how little makeup I plan on wearing. It provides the most amazing natural bronze glow when I am wearing little to no other makeup. But at the same time it can be built up to a more extreme contour if you want. It is pretty sheer, which is great for a cream bronzer because it makes it easy to work with and easy to build up.

If you are struggling with skin problems especially on your cheeks I would not recommend this product. In order to get a good color payoff you have to buff it around and it will inevitably move around any concealers and foundations. However I do not think that this is unique to the product-- it is just the nature of cream products in my personal experience.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I just got this, my first chanel product ever :) I like it so far, it's quite orangey but it blends really nicely on the skin and doesn't feel heavy. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to apply it, so far I've been using a RT buffing brush or expert face brush and then layering MAC Harmony over it. The smell kind of gives me a headache though, it's like a peachy perfume. Overall, I like this but it's crazy expensive.

on 9/4/2014 10:14:00 AM

This bronzer is amazing! It stays on all day, much stronger staying power than powdery bronzers due to it's creamy base. The colour gives a natural sun-kissed glow that suits all skin tones, definitely a must have - the best bronzer I've ever tried!

Popular Bronzers