January 31, 2015 | 1617 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2015 3:17:00 AM More reviews by RoseRossetto94

Love real techniques...just not this brush : (

On my third washing of this brush chunks of the bristle head had come out! I am a professional makeup artist and I am extremely cautious when I am cleaning my brushes, as I never let water seep into the ferrule and I use gentle brush cleaner. I found that the glue in the ferrule had loosened. I really wanted to love this brush but I was so disappointed. Reading other reviews I found other people had the same issue. Performance wise this brush was good, it did work quite well for foundation while it lasted...I do prefer a more dense brush as this is a bit sparse for me. The developers did not design this brush well for longevity and durability. I have other brushes from this line and I had no problem at all with shedding or performance. I still recommend this brand just not this particular brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 10:50:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love this brush, it makes my foundation flawless and is nice, soft and gentle on the skin. It's also fantastic for cream blush! A lot of people rave about the buffing brush or expert face brush but I prefer this one. Very underrated. However, I am kind of scared to wash it too many times because it seems fragile and I see a lot of reviews saying it sheds/falls apart. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:21:00 AM More reviews by blendingkatie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

within the 2nd wash of this brush all of the bristles fell out!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:24:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

In terms of results, I can't fault this brush, it gave a lovely even finish to my foundation. However, the brush head fell off on about the 3rd wash. I know it's not the most expensive brand on the market, but Real Techniques are supposed to be good quality. Obviously not if they fall apart this easily. I wouldn't repurchase for this reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 6:32:00 AM More reviews by TheLittleThings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this brush, I currently use this with my MAC Pro-longwear foundation and application is amazing, leaves no streaks, isn't too tough on my sensitive skin (like a lot of my previous brushes) and washes well. This brush ticks all the boxes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried this brush twice, and each time it ended up in the trash. BOTH times they shed a lot (I got so sick of picking long black brush hairs off of my face. Who has time for that?), and after the first time I thoroughly cleansed them (vs spot cleaning), all hell broke loose and they completely fell apart. I'm talking *tons* of huge clumps of brush hairs shedding. This has never happened with any of my MAC, Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, Marc Jacobs, or Louise Young brushes (most of which I've had for around five or six years). Eh... you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to swear by my stippling brush for my foundation as it gave a great coverage until the expert face brush came out, I now use this brush for my cream blush - as it fits perfectly in the pot and can easily be applied to the face evenly, this is overall a great brush is easy to clean and easy to use I've never had any problems with this brush apart from a few dents in the handle which I feel like is just through age and I'm probably in need of a new one, although these are great quality brushes for the price that they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Love this brush!! Only thing is that I've brought this brush twice and it feel apart on me both times!! I was so mad the 2nd time it fell apart. Don't get me wrong this brush is wonderful that's why I re-brought it cause the love I had for it. After the 2nd time I said forget it, but I kinda want to buy it for the 3rd time. I am very good at taking care of all my makeup and makeup brushes so I know it wasn't from me being rough. The hairs wld just start coming out and before I knew it the brush was just apart and hairs everywhere. The brush does do your face justice!! Just purchase at your own risk! Lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really fantastic stippling brush. In particular, it's great at subtly applying cream blushes (that can get overwhelming otherwise), stippling on and blending through foundation, and I've recently discovered sweeping on a light, diffused highlight. It's not the *perfect* highlight brush, but I love that this has so many uses. For about a year this was my go-to foundation brush, but I have recently replaced it with the Sigma F82 for this purpose. I feel I get a slightly more diffused finish with the Sigma. The Stippling Brush has since been repurposed for highlight. My only real gripe is that the handle is *so* bulky it's difficult to store in with other brushes.

Pros:
* good, even bristle dispersion
* flexible for many uses
* great price
* durable (through regular washing and daily spot cleaning)

Cons:
* really bulky handle
* a little big for highlight

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 4073

Best brush ever. Multipurpose, but I use this for my liquid foundation. It gives such a natural finish to my skin and I could not imagine applying my makeup in any other way. It is soft, but not too soft. Great quality bristles and just over-all great for the $.