November 26, 2014 | 1676 users online

Liquid - Stila - Perfect & Correct Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation in "tone" for about 2 months and I do like this one.

It's a nice, creamy texture and blends wonderfully with a Beauty Blender. It's buildable too. It hasn't made me breakout and my skin can be quite sensitive to foundation. The packaging is one of the best in the game. There's zero waste and you can see exactly how much product is left.

I gave it 4 stars because it's still pricy for the size ($57 CAD, 1oz). I will probably re-purchase.

EDIT: Well, It just doesn't have the staying power that I hoped for. I use Chanel's Poudre Universale to set the foundation but I can see the redness on my chin after 3 hours or so. This is ok for light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Quality, low-stress foundation for those without major skin issues and are seeking light coverage to even out the face and give a nice finish. Despite the "buildable" coverage advertised, full coverage is unlikely to be achieved without using an obscene amount of product, but that's not really what this product is designed to do anyway.

I found application easy enough with fingers, brushes, and sponges. The gel consistency is a breeze to work with compared to other, heavier paint-like liquid foundations, such as MAC Studio Fix and EL Double Wear. I found application more similar to applying a TM or BB cream. Also, this foundation gives a nice dewy finish that doesn't get greasy throughout the day. Lasting power is not amazing on its own, but stayed on just fine when used in conjunction with primer and setting spray.

Because I am very fair and cool-toned, the lightest shade pulled too yellow on me. For this reason I won't be buying this product again, but if the color range expands, I'll give it another shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by berryice122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my current HG foundation for light coverage.
Firstly, the packaging is excellent. The air tight pump is very hygienic and the bottle itself is lightweight-great to take on the go. The product itself has a mousse texture, and when you apply it on your face it has a nice cooling/calming sensation.
Coverage is light and I'd say it builds up to at most light to medium without being cakey.
Longevity is the best!!! Lasts on my combination skin for the longest time and doesn't leave dry patches.
Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

This is just an ok foundation IMO. Looks a little too dry on my skin however longevity was quite good (8 hours).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I fell for the swirls in the packaging and like that you can see how much is left in the bottle with the retractable pump feature - yes shallow I know :)
The coverage is good and buildable but at most - medium. Colour match for my NC15 skin is " Fair" which has a yellow tone. I like the gel like consistency, this foundation wears well and lasts the day easily with powder to set.
Two pumps are plenty and after experimenting I have found the best way to apply is a slightly dampened flat top brush.
As I live in NZ where makeup is expensive I cant give the price a good rating. I bought mine from BeautyBay. I probably would not repurchase again but only because I have so many foundations already and others I like more.
The swatch photo above shows this foundation in FAIR.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good everyday foundation for someone who wants LIGHT coverage. Is says buildable but I think to get a med or full coverage u would have to build so much it would waste product when u could just get a higher coverage foundation. It feels nice on the skin and I think it would be good for eveyone from dry to oily cause it's like a gel mousse . Feels hydrating without being greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by 43emz

I love this foundation because it leaves my dull skin looking flawless. The coverage is somewhere between a BB & a CC cream. It blurs fine lines and covers open pores whilst looking almost undetectable on the skin, I purchased the fair shade which has a yellow undertone which really perks up my skin. It feels like a treatment on the skin and it has noticeably improved the condition of my oily skin although I do still have to blot oil every few hours with my usual cornsilk powder but this doesn't alter my foundation or make it cake. The coverage lasts all day but It is buildable, I've applied some in the morning for work then been invited to after work drinks so I reapplied this on top and it still looked stunning with no caking or patching. I would highly recommend this for anyone with problem or mature skin. If you like your foundations looking invisible and feeling light this is the holy grail. For results that will blow you away try using it underneath the Milano powder foundation for a full coverage airbrushed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hoatzin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a .5 oz (15ml) size of this for $6 during their holiday sale. The color I purchased was Tone and it was a perfect match. I'm NC30 in MAC with yellow undertones so I was delighted I got a perfect match when I usually have to compensate for lighter foundations by using bronzer. I didn't think I was going to like this foundation. The packaging is great - the pump keeps things hygenic and it distributes a controllable amount. It comes out slightly mousse-like and when you put it on over primer (I used the Smashbox one) it does not smooth out evenly - you really have to rub in the edges that form to get it to blend into your skin. Other foundations and BB creams smooth on like a dream, but this one doesn't. I recommend using your fingers to apply because of uneven application.

This foundation leaves you with a demi-matte almost powdery finish and no tacky feel. I feel like I won't need to use finishing powder. The coverage is light to medium, but it's buildable to that my dark spots was almost fully covered. Most importantly, it didn't make my large pores look bigger.

I have combination skin, and the shine didn't break through until almost 6 hours later. Not bad!

I liked this so much I went to the Stila website and purchased the same size in their final sale page for $10. The full sized 1 oz one cost $44 which is very expensive. For that price, I think you can get a foundation (Dior, etc.) with more coverage and better blendability, but the fact that this looks so natural on me (almost my skin but better) will make me purchase again once I'm done with what I have.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would be a good foundation if you already have great skin because the coverage is very light. It looks like it's going to be opaque, but it is not. When I actually use foundation, I prefer one that's more opaque that I can sheer out if necessary. The feel of it I actually found very pleasant. But when I applied it over my Nuxe moisturizer, this foundation balled up, rendering it unusable. I see from the reviews here that at least one other person has experienced this. So this foundation might be hit or miss depending on your moisturizer. In any event, I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Foundation feels great. Very light. Also looks very natural and somehow "feels" healthy for your skin. I feel like it would be a better finish for normal to dry skinned ladies. However, the finish was almost too light for me. You can layer over uneven spots but you can only go until a certain point and than it feels like too much foundation. This would be good for girls who have very good skin and just want something on their face to feel done up. Didn't work for me.