Essie French Affair

3.4

on 6/11/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not a big fan of pinks, but this cool toned creme polish changed my mind. It's a gorgeous color with a good formula. It requires two coats to cover. I can wear it to work, yet it's also very feminine. I hope I can always get my hands on this polish, because I don't want to be without it.

on 5/5/2014 10:25:00 PM

I loved the colour in the bottle but it just didn't sit right against my skin tone. It looks amazing on my mixed half sister. She is substantially darker than me and the colour pops on her. The formulation of this polish isn't great though. Very runny. Pools in cuticles regardless of how little you use. Needs at least 2 coats, but usually more, to be fully opaque. Application is very uneven. Overall, this polish is extremely underwhelming.

on 5/25/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

French Affair is a cool-toned pink with a lavender undertone. It's one of those classic pinks, and looks absolutely amazing with a layer of Kisses and Bises over the top. It's very similar to 'Mod About You' by OPI, but the latter has more of a white undertone to it, so they're not the same. Still, you can't have too many pinks! Application is okay, 2 coats and you're good to go.

on 4/13/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go-to polish right now, very work-appropriate and classic. It goes on okay, and is just a great color. I think it will stay as a go-to color for a while.

on 10/24/2012 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my absolute favorite Nail color ever! It is a milky pink with a undertone of lavender. It takes about 2 coats for it to become opaque. I just LOVE this color so much.

on 10/10/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful milky pink color, but it stops there. It's very streaky, even after second coat. You will need at least 3 coats for opaque coverage. Takes long to dry. A bit disappointing to say the least.

on 10/3/2012 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Considering I usually love Essie pastels, this is a big disappointment. It tries to be an opaque, milky lavender-pink, but it's very very streaky and doesn't cover evenly even after two coats. I also don't like the opaque, milky finish.

on 8/5/2012 9:11:00 PM

French Affair is a cool, bubblegum pink cream polish. It's super cute and girly on my nails but I have such a love-hate relationship with it, mostly because of the formula issues.

The polish applies very streaky and typically takes 4 costs to even out. It also has an unusually long dry time and tends to bubble because of the awkward formula consistency. The polish itself is very thin and tends to pool on the edges of my nail. Because it requires so many coats, this results in really thick layers of polish on the sides and a lot of peeling. It is a nice opaque color but I don't have to patience to deal with French Affair. For a $7 polish, Essie dissapointed me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

G'ah! Normally I love Essie polishes, but not this one. The colour is like bright strawberry bonbons! It takes at least 3 coats to get a colour similar to what's in the bottle but the results are not good. Uneven, streaky and generally messy. Why cant Essie be more consistent with their polishes?

on 4/2/2012 8:45:00 AM

The formulation of this nail polish is rubbish, it's thin and thus floods my cuticles no matter how lightly I load the brush and it's still streaky after three coats, regardless of how thick/thin I make the layers.

Im very disappointed because the cool toned pink, almost bubblegum, colour is so cute and fun for Spring/Summer.

Popular Polishes