July 30, 2014 | 1492 users online

Polishes - Essie - French Affair

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I loved the colour in the bottle but it just didn't sit right against my skin tone. It looks amazing on my mixed half sister. She is substantially darker than me and the colour pops on her. The formulation of this polish isn't great though. Very runny. Pools in cuticles regardless of how little you use. Needs at least 2 coats, but usually more, to be fully opaque. Application is very uneven. Overall, this polish is extremely underwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

French Affair is a cool-toned pink with a lavender undertone. It's one of those classic pinks, and looks absolutely amazing with a layer of Kisses and Bises over the top. It's very similar to 'Mod About You' by OPI, but the latter has more of a white undertone to it, so they're not the same. Still, you can't have too many pinks! Application is okay, 2 coats and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by SavageGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to polish right now, very work-appropriate and classic. It goes on okay, and is just a great color. I think it will stay as a go-to color for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite Nail color ever! It is a milky pink with a undertone of lavender. It takes about 2 coats for it to become opaque. I just LOVE this color so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Kurls315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful milky pink color, but it stops there. It's very streaky, even after second coat. You will need at least 3 coats for opaque coverage. Takes long to dry. A bit disappointing to say the least.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Considering I usually love Essie pastels, this is a big disappointment. It tries to be an opaque, milky lavender-pink, but it's very very streaky and doesn't cover evenly even after two coats. I also don't like the opaque, milky finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

French Affair is a cool, bubblegum pink cream polish. It's super cute and girly on my nails but I have such a love-hate relationship with it, mostly because of the formula issues.

The polish applies very streaky and typically takes 4 costs to even out. It also has an unusually long dry time and tends to bubble because of the awkward formula consistency. The polish itself is very thin and tends to pool on the edges of my nail. Because it requires so many coats, this results in really thick layers of polish on the sides and a lot of peeling. It is a nice opaque color but I don't have to patience to deal with French Affair. For a $7 polish, Essie dissapointed me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

G'ah! Normally I love Essie polishes, but not this one. The colour is like bright strawberry bonbons! It takes at least 3 coats to get a colour similar to what's in the bottle but the results are not good. Uneven, streaky and generally messy. Why cant Essie be more consistent with their polishes?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by demmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The formulation of this nail polish is rubbish, it's thin and thus floods my cuticles no matter how lightly I load the brush and it's still streaky after three coats, regardless of how thick/thin I make the layers.

Im very disappointed because the cool toned pink, almost bubblegum, colour is so cute and fun for Spring/Summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very cool-toned cotton candy pink. Color-wise, i'm not in love, especially on my slightly warm skin tone. Application was a bit streaky, I applied 2 coats very carefully for opacity. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, not very flattering on me, and the color is too Barbie-esque.