MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

on 6/15/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Purchased the CYY trio after falling in love with Pink Pigeon. CYY is Pink Pigeon's younger, funner, more frivolous sister, the latter of which I have already composed a more in-depth review. It looks fantastic on my porcelain skin and complements my raven hair and hazel eyes. Colour lasts exceptionally well and even more so when I team it with Smashbox's 24 hour primer. It is beautiful and definitely makes you stand out from the crowd. Got plenty of looks from both men and women. Team it with a cute black dress or a pink skirt to feel super girlie.

on 5/30/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Enough has been said by others concerning the color, texture, wearability, etc. I just wanted to add that I've completely used up two of these (scooped out to totally empty with a lip brush) and recently purchased my third tube. I've rarely worn it by itself, but do wear it regularly as a base to brighten up or lighten up other lipsticks. My favorite combination is to apply, blot. and then put Revlon Fire and Ice over top. It is a very flattering color combination, and the price is most definitely right!

on 5/25/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

So this is probably one of the most pigmented lipstick I've ever tried... it literally has trouble coming off my lips even if I've worn it all day. Cons it can smudge around your lips. But yeah.. it's like a lip tattoo.. in bright pink. Definitely not to be used if you're going for a no makeup look.

on 5/23/2015 11:31:00 AM

The relashionship with Candy Yum-Yum is love or rate it, not everyone like this type of color because is to flashy! I specially love, is a beautiful bright pink and don't need to much, just an eyeliner with this rocks and looks like a doll make-up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When going to a mac counter to get another supply of studio fix foundation the sales associate recommended me this color of lipstick because she claims it went well with my eyes. She showed me a way to use the talking points lip pencil to emphasize it. I was sold. A perfect shade for spring and summer.

on 4/21/2015 5:21:00 AM

Candy Yum-Yum has been a big surprise for me as I never thought I would be able to pull off this neon pink but I love it and find on my NC15 yellow under-toned skin this lipstick is very wearable on its own, as a base shade or a layering colour to tone it down just a little for something a little more subdued.

This lipstick is what I was hoping Saint Germain would do for me - but that one on me was garish and fake plasticky looking. Where as Candy Yum-Yum is complimentary to my fair skin, green eyes and blonde hair.

This is matte but applies quite creamy, staying power is awesome as you would expect and this lipstick fades away as a stain. I love to brush this lightly over a light nude pink base shade for a softer pink and have really been enjoying wearing this on its own, then blotted right down and something lighter and creamier brushed over the top - the staying power is impressive.

I don't think this lipstick on its own would be forgiving to dry or flaky lips but I don't find it really drying either.

Love this enough to repurchase when I'm at the scraping out of the tube stage :)

on 3/21/2015 3:24:00 AM

i love this lipstick. its bright almost neon, matte and intense pigment, long lasting.

the thing is, nyx matte sweet pink is a close dupe for $6 with a tad better performance.

but candy yum yum runs a bit warmer compared to nyx sweet pink so im keeping this.

mac lipsticks are overrated. i returned most of the macs i bought, expect for this.

on 2/23/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love! Not for the faint hearted as it's BRIGHT but if you don't mind standing out from the crowd then you will love this lipstick! It is a matte formulation (which is my personal favourite) which means that it lasts for a long time. Yes, you will have to make sure that your lips are well moisturised to avoid flakiness but it's so worth it for the colour pay off and wow factor of this shade! Wear with neutral eyes and cheeks. I love it! :)

on 2/17/2015 12:09:00 PM

I love this colour, the lipstick is extremely drying I find, and I am always left with my inner lips lacking in lippie which can be annoying having to keep reapplying and also looks really weird in photos. But I do love the colour its really fun and summery, wore it with a lime dress to a wedding last year and got loads of compliments on the contrast. Its very bright so wouldn't wear it for everyday but its a really fun colour. Im sure there is a cheaper dupe that's maybe not as drying

on 2/12/2015 2:55:00 PM

This is such a fun spring summer colour. I love it with my beach hair! It's funky and young, gives life to the lips. It looks so so bright but you knownwhat, once it's on your lips, it actually really works! Makes my eyes stand out too. If like like me you're sick of standard colours that don't stand out, make this one of your lipsticks to add to your collection! I wear with shock value MAC lip liner.

Recommended for Medium Skin