September 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Taterbugdancer

This is my favorite mascara! My lashes are a little bit on the long side and average thickness so this stuff makes them look pretty darn flawless. I do have to be careful when putting it on that it doesn't poke my eyelids with the wand but that's not a problem. You'll also need a good makeup remover cuz this stuff isn't going anywhere. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by johannareed

This is my holy grail mascara! So much better than the regular version. Doesn't clump and holds a curl great. The only problem I have with it is that it is very hard to remove- even with my Neutrogena makeup wipes. Also the packages is iffy. On every bottle I have purchased, the part of the tube that removes the excess mascara pops off and it is a hassle to fix. Nonetheless still my favorite mascara by far!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Hate the brush on this and the formula is nothing great either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

My HG of mascaras! Perfectly and evenly coated lashes, no clumps and no spider leg lashes. Only downfall is the lack of seal between the wand and the tube. These mascaras dry out rather quickly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really really like this mascara. I find that it doesn't clump or smudge on me. Holds a curl, volumizes and separates my lashes really well. I also tried the L'oreal voluminous carbon black (waterproof) because of the hype and I wanted to compare it to this one but found that it's not as good in terms of those points that I mentioned. For now my feelings are that I will buy this mascara again. The only single issue that I have is that it's pretty hard to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second tube now, after trying some other mascaras. I couldn't wait for them to run out so I could buy this again!

Some background: I have long, thick, quite curly lashes. In fact, the outer corners are too curly, and therefore escape most mascara brushes. I really need a brush that let's me grab ahold of the tops of those lashes and "straighten" them out. My goal is black, Kim Kardashian looking lashes.

So, now for the actual review: this mascara really succeeds with it's brush. No joke, this is the most perfect mascara wand I've ever come across. I really like silicone brushes, as I feel these have the potential to have their bristles be better and more purposely spaced, allow for more customized brush shapes than a traditional brush, and that just the right amount of flexibility can be a boon to application. The One by One brush nails each of these areas. The brush is tapered like a football, making it easy to use on inner lashes without smudging it everywhere (that's a tight area to work in!) and making it easy to catch my super-curly (seriously, they're practically just loops) outer lashes. Many brushes are so bizarre these days that you need a technique just to use them, but the One by One brush is totally user-friendly; you can do a quick coat and move on in life (or layer, as it layers quite well up to 3 coats).

As for the formula, I find it to be what one might call "decent." It doesn't flake or smudge; it holds the lashes' shape; it lengthens and volumizes. However, I wouldn't say it particularly excels in any of these areas. That's not a bad thing, though. "Jack of all trades, master of none" is usually a bad thing, but with mascara I think it's a strength. Most formulas only do one thing--ONLY lengthen, ONLY volumize, ONLY curl. One by One gives you all of them. However, if you specifically need one function, you may be better off looking elsewhere. I don't think you'll find a better brush, though...!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by jadeseymour

I normally do not like maybelline mascaras because I find them to be heavy and l clumpy but I saw this on sale at my local Walmart and thought I'd give it a try and now I'm in LOVE . This mascara has eveything I want in a mascara . It makes my lashes look super long and voluminous plus it keeps a curl . I got this in blackest black and it is true to the name . My only complaint is that it isn't fully waterproof but that's ok with me . This mascara (as most water proof mascaras) is tough to get off but a cotton pad soaked in coconut oil does the trick . I love mascara on its own, but I love it with the l'oreal shocking extensions mascara in waterproof (this formula is fully waterproof ) . Paired together they create massive long ,false looking lashes without the bulk and clumps . Best part both the maybelline and l'oreal mascara are very build able . You can layer to your hearts content and best of all it's very cheap so you don't have to pay a fortune for HE mascaras that don't even live up to what this can do .

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally! A positive mascara review. This is one I keep in my arsenal while I still look for my HG mascara. Maybe it is my HG mascara but I just won't accept the truth yet. I don't know This does keep a curl, at least longer than anything I've found so far. Not too hard to get off and if I have a problem, I just the Maybelline Express for waterproof makeup and that take care of the bugger. Does it hold my curl all day, even if I'm just sitting around eating bon bons? No. But it holds it longer or as long as anything else I've found. Will buy again unless HG shows its lousy self finally.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Acadine

This is my favorite waterproof mascara. It lengthens, thickens and darkens my short, straight Asian lashes incredibly well. It also holds a curl all day long until I remove it with Ponds at night. I lightly dust my undereye area with loose foundation powder before applying mascara, and so far have had no issues with flaking or smudging with the One-by-One.

This mascara is being DISCONTINUED. Stock up while you can. Alternatively, you can try the Maybelline Rocket waterproof mascara (requires more coats to achieve a similar effect; slightly different wand).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

Despite the name, this mascara is NOT WATERPROOF. I wore this for only a few hours and had awful raccoon eyes as a result of this terrible formula. It also weighed my lashes down and could not hold a curl. Gave me spider lashes as well. I bought this based on the reviews here, but I no regret that decision. Total waste.