July 31, 2014 | 2063 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Illuminator in Copacabana

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

I was very, very disappointed with this product. I had good hopes for this because I tested it on my hand in Sephora and was amazed at the shimmer and glow. It was fairly expensive, but I gave in and bought it. Trying it on my face the next day was like, "holy crap what happened?!" I looked like an extra in an 80s teen movie and the product left horrid streaks across my face. I tried a smaller amount and padded it on with a brush. I worked more quickly. I applied it with a sponge- all pretty horrendous. Thankfully Sephora was really nice and accepted it back the day after with a great attitude. Yay Sephora! I will not be repurchasing the Nars Illuminator.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hate this product, it looks like a fake glow beyond a fake glow. You want to look like a glitter bomb hit your face? Go for it. I do not like this highlighter in an shape or form. You can look glittery or you can look like you have a glow within... so choose Nars albatross!!!

Nars albatross is by far the best highlighter. It is natural looking and does not fill your face up with ugly 7th grader glitters, blows my mind how many women like this ugly product. Those same women wear blue lipstick and cake on makeup, no wonder.

NARS ALBATROSS= NATURAL GLOW WITHIN.
COPACABANA= UN-NATURAL, TASTELESS, GLITTER BOMB, TOTALLY DISGUSTING.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really love this product. I was previously using powder highlighters because I wanted something natural looking but decided to try this because the others I was using were simply too subtle. I've been using this everyday since I got it and it's great on pale skin. I place this on my cheekbones and it gives me a healthy glow. This product should last a long time but due to the price I may look for an alternative drugstore product once it's all finished as I think I could find one which is just as good at a lower price, allowing me to splurge on other key makeup items like skin care and foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite highlighter. My friend got me to buy it years ago and I still have a TONNE left, that's how little you have to use. I put some on my cheekbones, chin, cupid's bow, down my nose and on my forehead. Basically wherever the light hits. I think it's very subtle and gives such a pretty glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I got this in a NARS 500 point perk at Sephora so I have a tiny version. Its a pearly pink illuminator and like a lot of NARS products, it is very pigmented and glittery. Not usually my style but again, like other NARS products, it works well if you use a light hand. I've tried mixing it in with foundation, and I've also used it directly on my skin to highlight and it works well both ways. You need the tiniest amount for a subtle highlight. It dries pretty quickly so you have to be quick when you apply it. It stays put after its on. The only reason I said I would not repurchase is because there are other illuminators I would like to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the light pink, pearly color of Copacabana. It's not too shimmery, but it has more shimmer than The Multiple version. It's a lot like Benefits High Beam, without the fingernail polish packaging, and texture. I mostly use it as a brightener to mix with my foundation, and under eye concealer on days when my skin looks tired and dull. It gives my skin this beautiful glow that I really don't have on those days! Some of the time I like the matte look, other times I want the glow, and this gives it to me. Also, I really like the tube because it keeps everything clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I can't resist pink shiny things. I have a pale, ashy complexion, so I love products that add dimension and luminosity. They make me look healthier. NARS Illuminator in Copacabana is no exception. It's a very pale pinky-neutral, with a fine pearlescent shimmer that adds light to your face without adding glitter.

You do need a light touch - if you use too much, it looks metallic. But I disagree with people who say it adds full-on disco ball bling. It's subtle enough to wear during the day. I use it on the browbone, cheekbones and inner corners of the eye.

Unfortunately, the formula really doesn't work for me. I find it nearly impossible to blend, so wherever you put it on your face first, it's going to stay there, and you need to work very quickly.

I use Cetaphil moisturizer and Estee Lauder Double Wear (original formula) in Shell. These products together make a great base for makeup - whatever you put on top of them will not budge. But for some reason the finish is slightly dewy and "tacky" so it does make it tricky to blend other products over the top, and some are trickier than others. I mention this because I can't totally blame NARS for my lack of success with this product: if I used an oilier moisturizer and foundation it might be somewhat easier to blend the illuminator over the top (however, I have tried this and still find it challenging).

The consistency is almost like nail polish, and if you can imagine trying to blend that into your cheeks, you'll have an idea of where I'm coming from. I've also noticed that if I blend TOO much, it tends to take off whatever makeup is underneath. For example, if I put some on a clean finger and blend it into the corner of my eye, the concealer that is already there actually comes off, and you end up with a patchy area of illuminator/concealer/bare skin. Using in on the eyelids, for this reason, is out of the question.

I dotted a tiny amount in a vertical stripe down my nose today after contouring, and when I tried to (gently!) blend, I somehow rubbed much of the product off, so the result was patchy. Again, this might have more to do with my skin and my prep than the actual product.

I've tried squeezing a bit of the product on to my wrist, swirling a stippling brush in it and then tapping the product on to my cheeks, and that seems to work better than anything else, but it's a bit of a fussy process, and I feel like I'm wasting the product.

I'll keep using this, because I still love the colour and the amount of shimmer, but I won't repurchase. I might try The Multiple in Copacabana next time, or Benefit High Beam. If anyone knows of a powder highlighter similar to this in colour/effect, let me know, as I find those easier to work with. I've tried BB shimmer bricks, but I find the glitter too chunky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Highlights my cheeks without being too shimmery

I have this in copacobana & its the perfect brightening shade.
A little too full on for day time though ( I may treat myself to the orgasm one as well!)
In the evening I put a little dab on the top of my cheeks & it looks amazing.
It goes on well with a smooth coverage & doesnt clog & stays put nicely. A little goes a long way.
Just brilliant.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unsure how to rate this. I think it's a good highlighter for night time, especially if your going to a party etc, but it is just to full on for day time use. It doesn't give a natural glowy look like i prefer, and even if you only use a tiny bit your face can look like a disco ball. For the price it is definitely not worth only using for 'special occasions', I prefer a good all round highlighter like my mary lou manizer.
3.5 stars

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This is pretty good. Just a bit too sparkly with a silvery sheen. Very expensive. I prefer more skin-toned highlighters if they are liquid. This works pretty well though.