The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

If I were to sum my entire review up it would be a "meh". It isnt great or moisturising, does a teeny tiny bit of acne-clearing and for me, I have generally clear skin but can be acne-prone when it comes to dirt and products that just dont suit me. This products does not break me out, thank God, but it does not help with my acne either. Its not good in moitsurising so i really would not suggest this products. In additon, its $30 (I live in Singapore) for 30ml! Urm... too expensive for a products that doesnt really work so no thanks!

Ok so a bit of background, I've had acne since I was 14 (I'm now 18) very clog prone, it's hard to find things that actually work and all the jazz. I got this product for my birthday a couple months ago and didn't use it because products with oil in them usually don't do great for my acne prone skin, BUT I finally tried this a month ago and it's nice. I don't think it clears acne but it makes my skin look supple yet matte, the only reason I'm still using it is because it prevents breakouts for sure, just doesn't do anything for the ones that are there. Keep in mind though like I'm not using this on its own, I'm using it before I use my other stuff (I mix clean and clear dual action moisturizer with CeraVe moister lotion) sort of in place of a serum. The price sucks for such a little tub like it's actually ridiculous, so I only use it in the morning and luckily a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!

I have oily skin, I thought it'd suit to my skin. But, after I applied it on my face I got breaks out on my face. I used to apply it for 2 weeks but my skin got worse :'(

I would not repurchase this product :(

Now, I dont apply any moisturizer on my face and its much better than apply it on. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't say that this moisturizer has done anything to treat my acne(hence why I knocked off 1 hippie), however I have been using it under my foundation for a few months now and I am quite impressed with it. I have very oily skin and whenever I use this under my foundation, my skin stays matte for 8 hours +. It has not caused any breakouts which is a plus. I love the scent of tea tree oil, however, I know many people are irritated by it. I find the scent fades about 10 minutes after application. I reccomend this product for anyone with acne prone/ sensitive / oily skin. Will definitely be repurchasing !

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never had a lot of acne to begin with, but my face does get oily quickly. This mattifies my face and keeps the shine away for hours! It also gives me a cooling sensation when I aplly it on my face, which is nice too. It is a little expensive... but it does actually give results.

My first review ever! I had to write one this product has seriously improved my skin.
First off my skin is:
- super oily
- very sensitive
- acne prone
I'm 21 years old and Asian
It leaves my face matte , firm ,and smooth a little dry around my nose during the first month of using it but now my skin has adjusted I have not had a single breakout after the first month of using it.
I had a wrinkle in the middle of my brows from the oily deposites in my skin settling the oil into my wrinkle:( but now it's totally gone
I no longer wear full liquid foundation with a full coverage powder and concealer, now I only need a little concealer for redness around my nose as well as eye bags and a light powder to even my skin. Total life saver! I paired it with the tea tree night acne fade lotion also from body shop!

Always go back to this.

So first off, I have really dry skin, but I also have large pores on my cheeks..I love anything with tea tree, because I actually (unlike most people) love the smell. I've been using this on and off over the years but always go back to it because I love it. I cannot use the entire line of tee tree products because that would be wayyy to drying to my skin, and even using this by itself can be very drying, however, I use my normal facial lotion for sensitive/dry skin and mix it with this lotion and it is sooo nice and refreshing on my face and does not dry me out. just helps keep everything matte and the tea tree is very soothing. I just keep coming back to it.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on the fence about this product. I like that it doesn't break me out and I like that it mattifies my skin after application, but I have to be very careful with what I do to my skin beforehand. I cannot exfoliate or use a clay mask if I want to use this as it will turn my face red and make my skin really irritated. and I should note that I would not describe my skin as being particularly sensitive.

I mostly use this in place of a regular moisturizer when my skin is acting up. would not recommend if you have dry skin unless you use it as a spot treatment, but there are other much more effective spot treatments out there for acne. I don't find that this really helps to clear my skin so much as it just doesn't make it worse.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Edit- so every since I started using my tazorac my skin has gotten even oilier which i never thought was possible and this product sadly doesn't work for me anymore. It's like when I wash my face now Im still oily( I feel a thick greasy film over my face because of the tazorac that just won't go away). But if your an oiky skinned gal it's still worth a try

I used to get a lot of zits but using this really cleared all of them up. The price is actually a bit much but one squeeze can already be used for the entire face and can last for a long time. I don't like the cap of the bottle bec it gives me a hard time squeezing the lotion out especially when the lotion has only a little amount left. But all in all it's still a great product and my skin feels great after using it.