Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 8/2/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that i have fine, medium thick, wavy, dark brown frizzy hair. Its kinda oily, i cant tell if its on the normal or the oily side, i can feel my scalp getting slightly greasy on the second-third day. But i wash my hair every week or every 3-5 days in summer (going to the beach days dont count). Gross i know, but thats what helped my hair to be less damaged and shiny due to the natural oils preduced by the scalp.
Also, to be honest, i started using this a year ago and i stopped like few months ago. Sorry for late review guys :c (but i stopped using conditioner like a month ago and which i'd be reviewing after this).
Anyways, i kinda like the packaging. The first time i used this i didnt use conditioner. But it made my hair soo soft, it maintained to poofiness to 0 (its true!) and there was no frizz. Seriously it was the best hair day i had in a while. I used no conditioner, no styling products. Just this shampoo. I may had an olive oil treatment the night before i dont remember but i do that all the time since ages and i think my hair got used to it so its not a big deal. So .. My hair looked so healthy and smooth although it was fried with flat iron. I got comments of how beautiful it was and i could go out without heat styling it or even doing anything to it. And i used to never ever do that !!! I advice u to alternate this without another shampoo, i find it working better when i did that (maybe a dandruff shampoo or a scalp soothing one .. Clarifying maybe ? I dont know).
It smoothed out my wavies as well, i didnt believe at first lol.
Even my mom was impressed.
The only reason i took a lippie off and the only reason i wont buy this again its cuz of silinones in it, i just went organic with my hair products and its going well.
But this has almond and coconut oils which are really good for ur hair, althought i'd prefer getting a 100% pure almond and coconut oil treatment.
So let me say this , if u dont care about using silicones on ur hair, just grab ur wallet, go to the nearest drugstore and buy urself a bottle of this along with the matching conditioner. Ur hair will look amazing!!!
P.S : if u need any help with ur hair u can email me : foufaabde99@hotmail.com
I've been kinda obsessed with my hair lately and i did a lot of researchs so i may help xoxo

on 7/27/2015 2:15:00 PM

I'm very disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling like straw. It's awful. I used it 3 times to give it a chance. I had previously received a sample of some Dove shampoo and conditioner that was great. Unfortunately, it is no longer made.

on 11/16/2014 12:58:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. My hair is on the fine/ thin side, wavy, with oilier roots and dryer ends. The reviews are very mixed on this, so I was worried it would make my fine hair feel heavy or coated, but it cleans my hair nicely in the shower without it feeling like that. Doesn't tangle my hair, and I lose fewer hairs than usual when I use this, I've noticed. I don't use conditioner with it because I don't feel I need it with this shampoo. After my hair is dry, it looks and feels clean and shiny, but not coated or flat. The smell is perfumey, but I do like it. Maybe smell it first at the store before buying, since it is on the strong side. I don't notice the scent too much after my hair is dry. No issues so far, but I do alternate this with something more clarifying every few washes, since this does contain a few ingredients with build up potential. Overall, a nice shampoo.

on 10/27/2014 3:29:00 PM

i use this shampoo and the conditioner in rotation with a few others, and really like them, especially in the winter. I have long, fine, color treated hair and the pair leaves my hair smooth and moisturized, and almost "bouncy." I haven't had any trouble with build-up, but I also use a clarifying shampoo on occasion just because. Another plus of this product is the scent. It doesn't have the typical obnoxious "green tea/fruit salad" scent that so many drugstore hair products do, which is a huge bonus in my book. I find this product to be a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore shampoo ($7 per bottle where I live, which would make it more expensive than many salon brands if you compared cost per litre) but that doesn't deter me from purchasing. A great shampoo that I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/18/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo+conditioner duo has completely changed my hair type. Normally it is very dry, course, poofy, and prone to frizz and uncontrollable waves. It now blow dries straight with the slightest wave, and the feel of my hair is that of a totally different type. Silky, soft, great slip, and much easier to put into updos if I feel like it (skinnier ponytail). It requires little to no styling products anymore.

The bad: the smell isn't the greatest. It's not unpleasant but it screams to the world that you are using DOVE. You know, that synthetic powdery scent the products always have. But even though it doesn't have a salon shampoo smell, it beats the dog crap out of many salon brands.

Also, I have to wash my hair my frequently when I use this, since it gets greasier at the roots much quicker. Clarifying is ESSENTIAL -- this stuff is conditioning and cone heavy, and all the reviews saying it stops working are almost certainly people experiencing buildup. Use a clarifying or non-conditioning shampoo every several washes to keep the products working.

UPDATE: After several months of using this, my scalp became a grease slick and would start to smell before my whole head needed a wash. I was eventually washing and clarifying so often that the moisturizing effects didn't compensate. Too bad, I wish the initial results would have remained.

on 10/16/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I liked this product. It made my hair feel nice. I have a lot of fine hair that goes midway down my back. Oily roots and dry ends. The shampoo seemed great at first then made my hair feel limp. It became super oily quick after showering. Now my scalp is still oily but flaky and my ends are still dry. I won't repurchase.

on 9/30/2014 2:48:00 AM

At first this shampoo and conditioner was amazing. I thought I had found my HG products without the high end prices but when almost done with my first set of bottles I noticed my hair without any life, it got to where it wouldn't hold curls even though I was using the same thermal spray and curling iron. It did little to control frizz and fly aways and simply weighed mg hair down. For reference I have hair midway down my back, very thick and coarse. I will definitely be switching back to Kevin Murphy or Fekkai

on 9/16/2014 10:25:00 PM

My hair is not only fine, frizzy and indecisively wavy, it's over processed and badly damaged too. I've had to use the oil spray heat protectant from Sally's coupled with John Frieda's repair oil just to get it to straighten right. I washed my hair with this ONE TIME and didn't feel like I HAD to use the added oil sprays to my hair to get it to cooperate. I still used it, of course, to protect my hair from the heat but my god this stuff is amazing. I probably will never buy different shampoo/condition duo. Completely in love.

on 7/17/2014 10:45:00 PM

I really like Dove products so I decided to give this shampoo a try, but sadly it disappointed me a bit. The first time I tried it, it left my hair and frizzy. I thought it might be because my hair might not be used to it or I used too much of it. I tried it out more and I used a bit less, but still left my hair dry and frizzy. I really love the scent though, a very honey kind of scent, it stays in my hair for at least a day and a half. The packaging is average, easy to use. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work with my hair.

on 7/6/2014 3:41:00 PM

It feels like this stuff saved my hair. I have chronically dry, frizzy, slightly wavy hair and have tried almost everything, from redken to aveda to bedhead. I finally tried this on a lark after reading internet reviews for frizzy hair shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is a godsend. I've been using it for about a month. I don't even need styling serum anymore. My roots are clean while my ends and bulk of my hair is conditioned and shiny. If you have frizzy, dry hair I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

It is weightless for the most part, but is probably too heavy for people with thin hair or oily hair. My hair is also Caucasian, average thickness, and has a little bit of a wave. If your hair is anything like this, I would definitely try it.