October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by linuxgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo+conditioner duo has completely changed my hair type. Normally it is very dry, course, poofy, and prone to frizz and uncontrollable waves. It now blow dries straight with the slightest wave, and the feel of my hair is that of a totally different type. Silky, soft, great slip, and much easier to put into updos if I feel like it (skinnier ponytail). It requires little to no styling products anymore.

The bad: the smell isn't the greatest. It's not unpleasant but it screams to the world that you are using DOVE. You know, that synthetic powdery scent the products always have. But even though it doesn't have a salon shampoo smell, it beats the dog crap out of many salon brands.

Also, I have to wash my hair my frequently when I use this, since it gets greasier at the roots much quicker. Clarifying is ESSENTIAL -- this stuff is conditioning and cone heavy, and all the reviews saying it stops working are almost certainly people experiencing buildup. Use a clarifying or non-conditioning shampoo every several washes to keep the products working.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this product. It made my hair feel nice. I have a lot of fine hair that goes midway down my back. Oily roots and dry ends. The shampoo seemed great at first then made my hair feel limp. It became super oily quick after showering. Now my scalp is still oily but flaky and my ends are still dry. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by glitter65

At first this shampoo and conditioner was amazing. I thought I had found my HG products without the high end prices but when almost done with my first set of bottles I noticed my hair without any life, it got to where it wouldn't hold curls even though I was using the same thermal spray and curling iron. It did little to control frizz and fly aways and simply weighed mg hair down. For reference I have hair midway down my back, very thick and coarse. I will definitely be switching back to Kevin Murphy or Fekkai

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Lockharts11

My hair is not only fine, frizzy and indecisively wavy, it's over processed and badly damaged too. I've had to use the oil spray heat protectant from Sally's coupled with John Frieda's repair oil just to get it to straighten right. I washed my hair with this ONE TIME and didn't feel like I HAD to use the added oil sprays to my hair to get it to cooperate. I still used it, of course, to protect my hair from the heat but my god this stuff is amazing. I probably will never buy different shampoo/condition duo. Completely in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by belencita99

I really like Dove products so I decided to give this shampoo a try, but sadly it disappointed me a bit. The first time I tried it, it left my hair and frizzy. I thought it might be because my hair might not be used to it or I used too much of it. I tried it out more and I used a bit less, but still left my hair dry and frizzy. I really love the scent though, a very honey kind of scent, it stays in my hair for at least a day and a half. The packaging is average, easy to use. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work with my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

It feels like this stuff saved my hair. I have chronically dry, frizzy, slightly wavy hair and have tried almost everything, from redken to aveda to bedhead. I finally tried this on a lark after reading internet reviews for frizzy hair shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is a godsend. I've been using it for about a month. I don't even need styling serum anymore. My roots are clean while my ends and bulk of my hair is conditioned and shiny. If you have frizzy, dry hair I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

It is weightless for the most part, but is probably too heavy for people with thin hair or oily hair. My hair is also Caucasian, average thickness, and has a little bit of a wave. If your hair is anything like this, I would definitely try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I live in a hot & humid weather condition so moisturizing shampoos are a must. Moisturizing shampoos that deliver shine are a real plus. I've been using this for months and my hair is the fullest and silkiest it has ever been. My scalp is also cleaner and feels better. I wouldn't consider my hair as oily but I do need to wash it every day in order to feel fresh. I do combine it with the conditioner every time after wash. It is worth every penny. I consider myself a minimalist when it comes to grooming but a healthy hair is a must so better treat it right.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo because I ran out of the Dove moisture one and saw that this one had argan and coconut oil, well, this shampoo is NOTHING like the moisture one, this turns my super dry hair into a greasy nest, it had to wash it twice with Alberto VO5 kiwi lime twice on my scalp and three times on the length to remove it, I've been using this since I need to buy new shampoo and my hair is dry and brittle (coconut oil acting like protein) and my hair has been falling out in rolls in the shower and after when I comb it, I am not happy, beware of hairloss with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Like the other reviews I agree! I usually buy high end product but must say I love this with the conditioner! I have fine frizzy curly hair that I blow dry straight and then curl! Most products weight my hair down but this does not. Makes it soft super shiny and bouncy... I also love the smell. Iam a high end product gal but love this stuff along with other Dove products such as there deodorant line and oil lotion! Cant beat it for the price!!!! Will continue to buy!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AYESHAZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank God for this product.
Not only is my hair softerter-it litrelly feels different.
Lighter and I dont even have to comb it if i dont want to. It leaves my hair that soft , Thank God.
i brought another 1 as well. Also I team this is up with Dove damage line conditioner also good.My hair is greasy from the top and dry from the bottome so i do have to use a anti dandruss shampoo.
my hair was badly damaged after bleaching 3 times over the course of 2 months or so I tried a range of things after cutting my hair as i damaged it again.
Main thing is i feel it works ok, the price is what makes it so much better. I almost gave up and was going to buy expensive product like redken which you can only buy from salons etc.
This prouct I would definetly recommend:)
5/5.