MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has become drier then usual due to the cold weather, which causes everything to crack apart on my face. This powder has become my go to for the past month. It has a beautiful satin finish without looking greasy and sets my foundation nicely.
Medium-nc20/25

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best powder I've ever had. I have acne scarred oily skin and I know a lot of people will say stay away because I'm oily or acne prone but nope! This gives my face such a soft focus! Mattifying powder make my scars stand out and the texture of my skin look rough. However, after this product sets, it gives such a healthy glow and soft focus to my skin. It moisturizing but not overly moisturizing. I wear studio fix fluid nc35 and during the summer I'll mix in a pump of nc40 (nc 40 alone can be way too yellow for me) and I set it with careblend medium dark.
Beautiful finish. Great product been purchasing for two years now .

I have nothing bad to say about this product, iv got very light skin and the lightest shade matches me perfectly, its buildable too. If i use it with a stippling brush i can get a much better coverage, its nearly like a powder foundation, if i use a normal powder brush i can get very light to average coverage. it lasts on my face, the packaging is good. Well worth the money

I am nw20 and use Light Plus in this. I have been on this mission to try new powders lately. Unfortunately, every other brand (& MAC Mineralized powders) break me out or I have a reaction :( So I kind of gave up. I have been using MAC Select Sheer pressed for 15 years-ish. It was my go to powder. I tried prep and prime from MAC and it was nice. But I wanted to go back to a flesh colored powder. When I went back to Select Sheer, it was still nice, but my aging under eye area was not looking the best after dusting a light setting layer of Sheer Select over it (I was in my 20's when started using it, now I am 41). So out of my obsessive need to keep trying things, I thought, lets' give Careblend a try. The artists kept telling me it was a touch less matte and slightly better for dryer skin than Select Sheer (though Select Sheer is still a great option). I bought it to replace my Select Sheer and just thought I would give it a shot. For the first time after trying all of those other powders I had the best of both worlds! I had that beautiful flawless look but without seeing or smelling the powder on my face (& no skin issues)! Select Sheer was great, but it never quite gave the same airbrushed affect as Careblend does. Careblend does not add to my under eye issues at all either. I am actually fighting the urge to buy a back up because I never want to be with out this. I have been using it for a month now with now allergic or breakout issues! My powder obsession is over now, I am quite content!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This pressed powder from MAC is really best on skin that is quite dry and does not like a powdery finish. If you have mature skin or skin that has a tendency to flake, this powder is probably better than most, with a nice color selection. (It won't make wrinkles look worse.)

However, I have combination to oily skin so every time I use this, I wish I were holding MAC Blot Powder instead. Blot Powder absorbs oil without adding color or texture. That's what I want.

Careblend has more pigment than a regular setting powder and so even though I bought the Light color, I sometimes feel that it's adding too much color to my face. Blot Powder is translucent, so even though I buy the Medium color in that, it looks more natural on my fair skin than this.

Buying a foundation or powder that really isn't meant for your skin type is usually a mistake. You end up feeling like the teenage boy who likes action movies but gets trapped taking his grandmother to see a Helen Mirren vehicle in which she plays the Queen again. The movie is probably great, and Helen will no doubt be nominated for an Oscar, but it's playing to the wrong audience. The boy wants to see dinosaurs eat people while Jeeps blow up. I want to get rid of my shiny T-zone.

If you read the positive reviews, they're written mostly by women with dry to very dry skin who don't like powders that are designed for teenagers. If you read the negative reviews, they're written mostly by younger women who have acne prone or oily skin and think this powder sucks at blotting. Unfortunately I fall into the second category.

So I'm begrudgingly rating this a 4 even though it's wrong for me. I wanted to rate it a 3, but realized it was unfair to do so. It's not the quality of the product; it's the fact that my skin type is too oily for it.

I'm putting MAC Blot Powder in Medium on my shopping list. Then I'm going to buy a ticket to see a movie with pyrotechnics in it. Not that I don't appreciate a good art film now and then.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This works really well on my dry skin. I use a liquid foundation, and this sets it really well. Lasts all day and itīs the only mac powder that works for my dry skin. Have repurchased it and I use it everyday.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Everything about this product is so meh. It makes me look overly made up, the color is not quite right and the oil control, okay, actually, that's quite alright. I use it on night's out because it's convenient but really, there must be better powders out there.

Bought this product after my Rimmel StayMatte smashed. I read good views and had really high hopes..

I'm pale (NC15 isn't pale enough for me in most of MAC's products) so no surprise that I was matched with the Light Plus shade of this powder. The packaging of the product is sturdy which is great. That's pretty much where the positives end for me though!

Lots of people on here have been saying what a 'natural' finish this gives.. I feel these people are being way too optimistic and putting an over-positive spin on what is actually a ZERO coverage powder that barely does *anything*! I'm all for a natural look but what's the point in using a product which makes absolutely no difference to your face!? Not to mention the fact that this powder oxidises and so once again, MAC's palest shade makes me look like an oompa loompa. Sort out your shades MAC.

Jaclyn Hill recommended in her videos as her fav bronzer. Bought it and i simply love, love it! The colour is so warm and nicely tanned, yellow toned. Not powdery, easy to blend, can be used as powder. Simply amazing. Thanks Jaclyn:)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It's coverage is really light, which is what I wanted. There is a subtle hint of color (I use Deep Dark) but not much. I have dry skin and it doesn't make it worse. I use it rarely, like when I'm going out clubbing, not every day.

Recommended for Normal Skin