September 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice all rounder powder, In terms of powder - I've only used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Studio Fix Powder and this. This is a pressed powder so it gives a pretty sheer amount of coverage, I like that it gives a matte finish but not overly done. It's finely milled so doesn't look cakey over foundation./ This is perfect for me when I'm working and have to get up early.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is usually dry so I have trouble finding powder that doesn't look cakey or flaky. I also have large pores thanks to rosacea that also look more obvious when I wear most powders. In the winter I can just go without but in the summer, I have to have a little powder. So the MA at MAC suggested I try this one and I'm so glad he did. It makes my skin look finished and healthy without looking heavy. I'm NC15 and Light is just perfect. I'm not breakout prone so I can't say whether or not this would work for acne prone ladies though I'd imagine after reading the ingredients that it might not be the best choice. But for me, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second compact of this product so I feel I'm able to give an informed review. My first purchase was in the shade Light Plus and most recently Medium Dark to match my summer holiday skin tone. The colours are a perfect match and in and case the powder itself blends so well that it's nearly imperceptible. The powder adds a semi-matte finish to complete any makeup look - I frequently wear it on its own as a light veil and it still looks good. this is the first time I've found a powder that does not settle into and magnify dryness and fine lines. I will continue purchasing this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. After applying foundation I use this to set it and take away shine. It completes the flawless look. I takes away shine giving a matte finish. Sometimes I use this on its own and it makes my skin look a lot better than what it would look like if I had no makeup on. Its great for a quick fix and the compact is nice. Its handy that it has a mirror too. The only downside is the price, its expensive enough but I think its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I'm really liking this powder! I went into MAC and told them I wanted something similar to Skinfinish Natural with oil control and the MUA pointed me to this. She matched me to medium, but I'm an NC15, so I opted for light. She attempted to argue with me a little bit saying, "but it's summer!", girl it don't mean my skin gets dark because it's hot out! Anyway, I really like it. It looks natural but gives a little bit more coverage over my Face & Body. I can't attest to it's oil control since I haven't worn it long enough yet, but it seems like it's going to hold up. I really like the color selection also. Although I do wish it it came in light plus (take note MAC!), light still works for me with a little bronzer and blush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Ugh I had such high expectations. I'm super oily and the lady said this would be good to blot oil with. It's awful. I look like a grease bomb after like forty minutes or so

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm using Medium for my NC25 skin and I love itI I've been using it under my eyes for a bit less dry powder to set my concealer. It is silky and smooth, pretty impressed. If you want a setting powder that won't parch your skin, this does the trick well.

Beautybaaby, it's not this product's fault the sales rep sold you the wrong item for the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by HazelLex89

Purchased this product in the color Light Plus. Matches perfectly with my NC20 skin tone. The powder is very finely milled and so smooth to the touch. It felt amazing on my skin, and it looked amazing too! But.......this product has made me break out so incredibly bad. I can 100% say my current bought of TEENAGE ACNE is from this product. I'm not talking about a couple of whiteheads here or there, I'm talking 10+ deep under the skin zits. Nothing else has changed in my skin care, makeup, diet or exercise except this one product. How terrible! I wanted to love this product, and I even was in denial that this was causing the pimples because I kept using it for about a week. With such a steep price for powder I didn't want to waste it. But enough is enough. I don't think I will ever repurchase a M.A.C. facial cosmetic again in my life! Too bad! I'm going back to my Palladio Rice Powder! Never once broke me out and sets my foundation perfectly. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by morgann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on a review and it is one of my favourite powders :) I like to use it to set my foundation around my eyes, nose and mouth and it works perfect. Doesn't buildup and cake. Stops my concealer from settling in lines around my eyes and the Light Plus is perfect for my NC15 skin. Only issue is that I feel like if I was using it on my whole face everyday I would run out pretty quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My new Holy Grail powder.I don't think I'll ever change. I went into MAC to buy Studio Finish concealer and they happened to have a -25% sale. My Studio Fix powder was finally almost finished after 3 years and I was looking for a lighter product. So given the sale and my need for a new powder I bought it.It is amazing it is very lightweight,it feels velvety to the touch and when I apply it to my skin it's so soft -it feels like velvet.The packaging is nice-standard MAC powder products and has a mirror in it.It comes with a sponge but it doesn't have a separate case for it like Studio Fix ,though these sponges are just useless I threw it out the minute I opened it.
It gives me an instant natural- flawless -velvety look without too much product.I can see this lasting me for a long time.And it keeps me matte for a decent amount of time-3 hours on my super oily forehead. When I use it alone it covers my redness and also some spots -still with little product-but no full coverage.
I got Light Plus which is a perfect match for my NC15 skin.Light is too white and this is just perfect it gives you a healthy colour without being too fair or too dark.
A must try imo:)