DermOrganic Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

4.2

Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate(1), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate(2), Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Infusion of Argan Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Rice Amino Acid & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.

This is my HG shampoo ever since I realized I'm allergic to sulfates. Even my stylist asked me what I've been doing differently because my hair feels fuller and healthier! Knock off one star because it smells like gas station bathroom hand soap (it doesn't linger) and sometimes as you get to the bottom of the bottle the pump doesn't work as well. Still worth it for me. Buy it at Marshalls in big bottles and it'll last you a month!

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

This shampoo is confusing. The good: 1. Many will like all that it states it doesn't contain (sulfates, parabens, etc.). 2. For sulfate free it produces a nice lather. 3. Seems to clean well at first. 4. Not sure if it technically organic...but many love the idea. 5. The reviews are off the charts good for this.

But here is what I don't like about it: 1. My hair felt roughed up, tangled, dry immediately after rinsing this out to the point where it felt like I had seriously just done something bad to my hair. This requires immediate follow up with a VERY good conditioner. 2. Because of #1 I had much more hair loss while rinsing. More than I had seen in a long time. 3. The final result was stringy flat curls and my hair felt rough. I really wanted this to be awesome. Even as I type I am trying to tell myself "give it yet another try....this gets such high ratings"...but the mirror does not lie. Nor does the awful feel of my usually soft shiny hair. This review is for me...as a reminder to not buy another bottle of this.

on 5/28/2015 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite sulfate-free shampoo. I've been using it daily for about six months and can't see myself switching to anything else, except for using a clarifying shampoo about once every other week. It lathers beautifully, isn't harsh, and it rinses clean... every other sulfate-free shampoo I've tried (at least half a dozen?) left my hair limp and greasy, whereas this one leaves my hair feeling healthy and residue-free.

I knocked off a star because I HATE the scent and wish DermOrganic would release a similar formula in another fragrance... this one has a very "generic unisex elderly person" smell to it. But I can forgive that because it makes my hair look/feel amazing.

on 3/9/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I loooooove this shampoo! Sooo happy I found it. This is a great sulfate, paraben free shampoo. I used to use, Lamas shampoos, which were great but sooo expensive and hard to find locally which meant I had to order online, and pay for shipping on top of the expensive price. Other sulfate free shampoos did not lather at all, making it very hard to distribute and causing me to have to use a lot more of it. This shampoo lathers great, cleanses great, and does not make my hair frizzie. I notice my hair was a lot softer and smoother after the first try and I haven't gone back since. When I've had to use another shampoo because I traveled and didn't take it with me, my hair goes frizzie and dry. So this shampoo does make a big difference for me. I think the $20 dollar price is more than fair, considering it lasts me about a year. I've never had any problems with itching or dandruff.

Someone mentioned they have used it for 6 months and is still having shedding problems. That means the problem is not the shampoo, but something else, such a diet, or hormones, vitamins etc. That does not mean the shampoo is no good. This is a great shampoo!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I was really looking forward to this product :( I got the trial size from ulta, which lasted about 2 weeks. Only pro is that it seemed to leave the crown of my head nice and shiny (not oily) right after washing. But after a day it made my hair so greasy at the scalp, much earlier than my regular shampoo (dove intensive therapy) would. And maybe it was just my scalp adjusting to sulfate free but along with it came so much itching and dandruff that I couldn't stand it. something in the ingredients was too irritating for my scalp I guess. happy i only bought the trial sizes.

on 2/3/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been losing/ shedding hair since 2000 after giving birth to my son. I thought I was normal b/c of hormones. I guess I was wrong. I think sulfate was the cause for my hair loss or shedding. I have been using it for less than 3 weeks ....touch wood 90% less shedding. Miracle....right? I am happy I found this. I will keep using it.

on 1/22/2015 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am in love with this shampoo and conditioner! I have been using it for about a month now and already my hair is shinier and healthier. I most recently bought the masque and looove the way it makes my hair feel! My hair is super thick and reaches my lower back so it can get tangled easily. I feel like this combination of shampoo and conditioner really helps keep my hair manageable. Before using this stuff, my hair was dry and lacked shine. After using it for a month my hair is noticeably softer and shinier. My friends are constantly asking if I got it cut or something. I guess they've noticed the improvement this shampoo made on my hair too!

on 7/23/2014 1:56:00 PM

This product seems to be really hit-or-miss for people. Unfortunately I ran into the same drawbacks as some other users: dandruff and parched hair. I used this shampoo about once a week for about a year, and noticed that it really stripped my hair each time I used it. But since it was so expensive & supposedly good for my hair, I kept it in my rotation (silly, I know...but with all the rave reviews and purported miracle ingredients, I pressed on). I also saw some flakes on my shoulders from time to time, and wondered if I was just stressed. I experimented and stopped using this for a while, and instantly the flakes disappeared. In the trash it went!

Even without the negative side effects, this product was sort-of annoying to use. The formula was really thick & difficult to pump out of the bottle, but at the same time, it felt thin on my hair & didn't seem to penetrate. "Conditioning" it was not. I regret ever buying it. I don't even know if it really cleaned my hair, just stripped it.

on 5/14/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have fine, wavy, layered hair that reach my lower back. My hair is really thick too. I feel like my hair always drew negative attention and jeers from people. This shampoo really helped eliminate 90% of my frizz. I have been using the masque conditioner from this line, but with the shampoo you really see the effects.

This sulfate free shampoo is better than Giovanni, Abba, and Herbal essence.
Herbal essence always sucked out the moisture from my hair and always made it rough, frizzy, added volume, tangles, lack of shine, build up, and itchiness.

Dermorganics sulfate free shampoo is very thick lotion like consistency and is easy to use. It is moisturizing and helps eliminate a lot of frizz. Use it for yourself and discover the naturally beautiful and defined hair you could hair.

Note# I only use heat on my bangs, and I only straighten out my whole hair once every 1-2 months.

on 5/13/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Indeed the best best shampoo on all fronts. Natural and it works and for it sure lathers and does not fade my red hair. This is what I use most of the time. I alternate it with Redken only because I like switching it up. If you are looking for an affordable natural shampoo for the whole family I don't t think there is anything else better out there. I have tried them all.

Top Rated DermOrganic Products