Ecotools Finishing Kabuki

4.7

on 6/5/2015 4:59:00 PM

i have found my fave brush to use, i just bought 2 more yesterday. the directions on the packaging says its for powders, but i use it for those super liquid foundations, such as magic nude, and dream fluid touch. i like super sheer face makeup and i find this brush is perfect, hence its sheer finish labeling. i use to use regular foundation brushes, but always end up using way too much product which left me feeling suffocated. i would buy again and again :) :)

on 12/27/2014 7:17:00 PM

This is one of my two all time favorite brushes. I use it for finishing powder, and it gives a nice light coating of product. The bristles are soft, the handle is the perfect size, & the brush is durable. Another great product from EcoTools!

on 12/14/2014 6:29:00 PM

I LOVE this brush! its great for setting powder. I purchased it for $8 I believe at my ulta store. It is such such such a great brush. I totally recomend it. It applies powder very flawlessly and evenly and really dusts it over nicely.

on 1/3/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush. I use it every single day to set my makeup. I've had it for over a year and have had zero shedding. The only thing I don't like is the handle. It sinks down to the bottom of my makeup brush holder and I have to move other brushes around to get to it. But other than that, it's perfect.

on 12/8/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm going to make this review short and sweet.

It gives a very sheer finish if you're using it with foundation. As with some duo fiber brushes, there can be streaks that you need to blend with something else (hands, beauty blender) if you're using a liquid or cream foundation. It is comfortable to hold in the hand, and esthetically pleasing with the oblong shape. I did experience some shedding, but nothing after the first couple of washes. The white bristles did stain, even though I clean it pretty regularly. If you don't clean it semi-often, the white bristles cling together and will give you extremely patchy results. After having this for over a year, my favorite uses for it are: applying sheer blush and highlighting that can be built up. I do use it almost everyday, but I don't think I'll purchase another if this one tears up. For the price, I do recommend giving it a try!

on 10/15/2013 3:34:00 PM

Nice big brush for even finishing. ecotools is my favorite makeup brush brand.

on 10/4/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this brush for applying blush and bronzer. It gives a sheer wash and doesn't make it look overdone at all on my face. I've owned this particular brush for about 2 years and it hasn't had any hairs come out and has kept its shape the whole time. Definitely worth the money! Buy it!

on 9/26/2013 11:14:00 PM

Love love love this brush for applying loose powder. I don't wear much makeup anymore, but my sunscreen leaves me a little greasy since it's on the heavy side. I use this brush everyday with my rice powder and I get amazing results. Never heavy looking, cakey, just a beautiful finish. It is so soft, easy to clean, and it's the quickest brush to dry after washing it.

on 6/17/2013 4:38:00 PM

I love how soft this kabuki brush is. I use this with my bronzer and its perfect as it picks up the right amount of bronzer not too much and when I dust it on my face it doesnt scratch like some hard bristle brushes.

on 4/8/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I just got this and I have to chime in. This brush is truly fantastic. I wanted it for applying a very pigmented blush very sheerly and it does the trick beautifully--very sheer and airbrushed application. I don't have the MAC 187, but the Sonia Kashuk one, which I do have, comes nowhere near the quality of this.

Popular Makeup Brushes