October 21, 2014 | 937 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this review will be short. i saw this on youtube and she raved about it. i bought it and i have nothing special to say about this mascara except that its nothing special and even though its waterproof it gave me the most horrendous raccoon eyes ever (oily lids gal). returned to ulta!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Nothing life changing about this mascara but it does make you look great. It adds volume and length and is a great staple mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by MaraBear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara really adds fullness. I can't attest to the actual growth of my lashes, but they LOOK like they have more volume and oomph. I apply this after a coat of Maybelline's Lash Discovery (it has a micro brush which I think makes my second coat of mascara, Almay's Get Up and Grow, look amazing).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot attest to any "growth" aspects to this mascara as I think that's bunk - it DOES lengthen really nicely, though, so it at least makes you look as though your lashes have grown. It gives a very natural effect - nice separation, no clumping, not much in the volume department but that's fine with me for day wear. I had no eye irritation or smudging or flakies with this. The price is hard to beat, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased the regular formula in the darkest black (Not sure if name is correct but darkest color available). The packaging was ideal and easy to use. The mascara gave great length to my stubby lashes. Also, it made my lashes fuller and was able to use multiple coats without getting spider legs. It did flake a bit but no raccoon eyes. I'd probably use this mascara for a dramatic look on a night out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I love the packaging (as it clicks to really know the cap is closed). Mine smells slightly like "Windex" perhaps I just got an old one @ Target as it was the last on the shelf I do not know...Was expecting it to smell more lotion-y like, like Voluminous or Lancome. The price was really economical $6.99. I have long yet thin / sparse lashes, so it didn't really deliver in the volume dept, however I didn't really expect it to as their "One Coat Thickening" doesn't either...However, that's what I have my beloved Colossal via Maybelline for. What I did love was the length, the rich black pigment, price (altho on sale) so not sure what it is regularily in Toronto, the easy removal (non WP type I purchased) but above all, the way my lashes did NOT feel crunchy, stiff or brittle. I will re-purchase for every-day natural looks. Took 3 generous coats to get a luscious look, but heck, that's ok. I was very happy w/ my purchase as I've 9 mascaras (my fav cosmetic lol) & only my Voluminous CB (L'Oreal) makes my lashes not feel (overly) stiff, so this will be my 2nd go to mascara, I actually bought this over my usual Mega Plush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EmilyNoel mentioned this product as one of her new drugstore favorites so I decided to give it a try. I can see why she is impressed with "Get Up and Grow." This mascara does a great job at lengthening and extending lashes. Do you like that "flared" lash look? Then this is the one for you. It also imparts decent volume but it can get clumpy on the second or third coat so be careful. My major gripe with this mascara is transfer. It extended my lashes so well that they hit my upper eyelid and left faint black lines. I may give the waterproof version a try for that reason. Definitely worth a try when it's on sale or a BOGO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara as just something to brighten my eyes if I'm off to class or off to work. It doesn't do a great job of bold lashes but then again, that's not what it's for. For an everyday mascara, amazing. The only negative thing about it is that it doesn't come off as easily as I'd like at night even after using makeup removal pads and washing my face (and I don't even buy the waterproof one!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

I LOVE this mascara! The brush is the perfect size, and it does wonders in terms of lengthening. In my opinion this is definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras. I always buy mine in blackest black, and it gives the darkest, most dramatic lashes! It can start to clump after applying a few coats, but I find wiggling the brush through the lash really helps with that. If I had to say there was a con it would be that it doesn't hold the curl very well, but for me no mascara has really ever exceled in that department so I wouldn't even really call that a con. Great mascara, definitely give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

watch my review here