October 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - No 7 Protect and Perfect Intense

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I don't know anything about the Good Housekeeping hype and don't understand why pep's in their 20's-30's are reviewing it based on aging issues unless they are living up a pretty wreckless lifestyle that has put 20 yrs on their skin?! Anyhow with that said I think it is a good product but nothing to get excited about.

I bought this in last week of June and it is end of first week of August 2014.
Pros- Pump packaging, reasonably priced, apply's smooth and absorbs quickly, is a light moisturizer, great for dry-normal skin. I do feel silicone/dimethocone ingredient but it is not so heavy that you can't tell the other ingredients are penetrating the skin. I'ts a average to good product. It may take several uses to know it it does what it claims and then that is only under certain conditions of how well/worse off your skin is in and seeing the before and afters.
Con's- I got the pump and you can't tell how much is in the packaging or figure out how to open the pump package to get the rest because it seems well sealed and perhaps that helps preserve the product that much better. However this lasted me 1 1/4 months and that would be approximaty 9.6 bottles a year (x) $24 a bottle=Total (w/o tax) $230.40. For a okay product that can get expensive. Regardless I buy this when it comes on sale at my Ulta, and I bought the sets with my discounts.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The finish was nice, but made me breakout real bad. Stopped using it for awhile, then tried it again. Same result: pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried this and it was amazing. Showed immediate results. This is a very expensive product to buy (£28 for 200ml from Boots UK) I tried a small 5ml tube which lasted weeks and is only a few pounds I think. The effect of it on my skin was very similar to Liz Earle's Skin Repair Light cream. This cream is cheaper than Liz Earle's cream but didn't clear up redness like the Liz Earle cream did.

I have researched this Protect & Perfect Intense cream and discovered only 1 in 5 women see an improvement. I found a similar effect to that of using really thick Cocoa Butter on my face, only the Cocoa Butter is much cheaper. A 250ml tub of Vaseline Cocoa Butter is usually around £5 from Boots. I think if you use a thick moisturiser it'll have the same long term effect as any anti-aging cream. To be honest, I've recently realised a lot of this anti-ageing stuff is all a marketing scam.
Expensive creams are especially good for people who break out in spots easily. Luckily I am not one of those people, so although I like both this product and the Liz Earle cream, because of the price, I probably won't buy them again and will just stick to the Cocoa Butter because it's the thickest, most natural and nourishing cream I can apply without getting spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by lfrizzell89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first "wrinkle" cream that I convinced myself to buy. I have fine lines that wanted to be deep lines on my forehead from a ton of sun damage as a child. I have been using this for about a month now and until yesterday didn't realize it was doing anything. But let me tell you, my forehead wrinkles are getting difficult to find!! I am convinced that this product helped my wrinkles. The consistency is great. But I do think it has contributed to a couple tiny pimples. So for that I give it 4 lippies

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by JumpingJellyBean

Overall I am not sure if I would buy this product again. I did love how at first I seemed to have noticed a difference with how soft my skin felt, but now honestly after using it faithfully twice a day for five months straight, I really haven't noticed any minor aging skin spots fade or wrinkles diminish how others have claimed. So I'm not sure if I would spend the money on another tube of serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by vickster524

LOVE LOVE LOVE....Not sure why this is getting such negative reviews, But I love this and all of the Boots No 7 products...This is great, I use it day and night, At night I use prior to my Boots No 7 Lift and Luminate Night Cream and in the day I use over my Boots No 7 Day cream b/c It works GREAT as a makeup primer. Has brightened my skin, shrinked my pores and they were the size of Mount Rushmore....And just all over made my skin smooth and soft...I am in my early thirties and trying to do my best to prevent wrinkles, I don't have any at this point so I can't attest for the anti-aging aspect of this serum now, But I bet in years to come I will be glad I used this and all Boots No 7 products!! The price compared to drugstore is a little much but compared to department store it's great and works better than any of them ever have for me any way....It's usually around $24 at Target and it last me about two months with day and night use. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so surprised by the negative/neutral reviews! I've been using the No7 Protect and Perfect Intense range for a couple of years, having progressed from the standard P&P range when I hit my mid thirties. I LOVE these products and would recommend over most of the higher end ranges I've tried over the years. I use the eye cream, followed by the serum and day cream in the morning and find this to be a perfect base for applying make-up (although I find make-up goes on better if you leave to sink in for at least 10 mins) - i've received several comments about how nice my skin looks! Both the eye cream and serum definitely seem to blur fine lines and provide a smooth and silky base. The night cream feels quite rich (albeit a little sticky) but leaves my skin silky soft by morning and seems to really suit my sensitive combination skin. Great products at a great price - although would recommend waiting till Boots are offering No7 on promotion at 3for2 and stocking up! For info, the serum is available in a glass bottle or plastic tube - I personally prefer the tube as it's more travel friendly and you don't get as much waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by TabbsW89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OH MY GOD....after reading many other bad reviews on this product I came across some people who say it does not do any anti-aging, that the intense version they just added a moisturizer, and it tied with OLAY in the Good Housekeeping test and all I have to say is you guys seriously need to know what the hell you are talking about first before you bash any product. Im sure you think you know because you googled it or whatever. to correct you, it does not contain a hydrator. It contains glycerin which is in there for texture. Glycerin and some of the other ingredients can be alternatively used as moisturizers but in this case, at these levels they arent. It has the peptide complex, alfalfa and larch extracts which boost collagen and elastin production in the skin and it also contains an anti-oxidant complex to protect from free radical damage. not to mention the retinyl palmitate thats in it. Where the hell did you get that it has no anti-aging properties? When Good housekeeping tested in over a year and a half's length of time, it came out #1, it did not tie with OLAY, read the damn magazine its right there! And for God sakes use it longer than 4 weeks and more than one bottle. If serums corrected skin ailments in 4 weeks we wouldnt have plastic surgery and perscription strength retinol in the first place.

My expertise: Trained skin care consultant, two family members are dermotologists and my mother is a pharmacist.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The "intense" version is the serum combined with a moisturizer and I did not like it. Good Housekeeping tested the REGULAR serum, and I used it with good results for several years. Note that in the Good Housekeeping test, this tied with Olay Regenerist serum, which I also used and liked.

I now use Neutrogena's retinol serum for combination skin. It is a better value for my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this broke me out. And I don't normally break out. The most I usually get are occasional tiny whiteheads around my nose, but this broke me out in large, red zits. I've never had a breakout like this in my life. My skin is early 40s. dry-to-medium. I'm using it on my neck and chest now and haven't had any problems there. But I certainly won't buy it again. Packaging is nice.