Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 7/29/2015 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'll agree, it's just too sheer. I like a light coverage since my skin isn't all that bad, just a little red & light under eye circles but this didn't cover anything & it did sit in my fine lines. The color match was ok, I picked the lightest shade & I'm NC15-20.

on 7/29/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I brought this concealer a few months ago (about 6 or so months) so I have had many experiences in trying this concealer and wearing it throughout the day. First off, I'd like to say that the colour match of this product is fairly good as I have yellow undertones but a fair-medium skin tone. I went for the shade number 10 Light Leger since I also wanted a bit of an under eye highlight, but it wasn't noticeable lighter than the rest of my face if I placed it on the odd blemish, and I was pretty happy with this product in that aspect.

However, I was quite disappointed with the product itself. I believe it wasn't worth the $15 I spent on it (I live in Australia and brought this from Priceline) As soon as I put this product on it accentuated my under eye "wrinkles" and I'd like to think that I don't have any since I'm quite young, and not ready to have wrinkles.... Secondly, I believe the coverage wasn't really as good as I expected it to be, my under eye circles are medium-dark and this did cover them slightly, but not to my expectations (I'm a school student and I don't want it to show that I was up all night doing work). Thirdly, I find this so hard to blend, it takes me a good 5 minutes to properly blend it and for it to set properly, I DEFINITELY recommend you use a brush for this. This product moves around so much and fades within a couple of hours, not really long lasting... Lastly, I don't know why, but I placed this concealer on my blemish and I noticed that there was a lot of sparkle? I don't know if that's just because I brought the lightest shade (it suited my skin tone fine) or if it simply just had sparkle in it... It was literally like I covered my blemish in glitter sparkles, not cute. As for the packaging, the lid gets messy quite easy as it's just plain black and well, you know what happens next. I liked the doe foot applicator, very easy to control the amount of product you apply.

Overall this product may be worth a try as it is hyped very much, but after my experiences, I would not buy it again.

on 7/27/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am a bit of a newbie to wearing concealer. Prior to buying it, I wasn't even sure how to put it on. However, my dark circles are not going anywhere anytime soon, and light though they may be, I realized that i just looked tired when I only applied foundation and left it at that.

I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a product I didn't even know how to use. My best friend suggested NARS concealer, but that price tag! And what if I hated the texture or consistency of the product? What if I got a terrible match? I listened to my gut and went off to Tarjey to select a concealer.

Maybelline quickly swayed me with their Fit Me line. I had done some research online before I went to Target, and decided on Maybelline based off of some reviews of other brands. Rimmel, Loreal, Covergirl and Physicians Formula were some of the featured reviews. I wanted something that would be fairly easy for a beginner to work with, and the Fit Me seemed like it would be the best bet.

I briefly considered the LA Girl Pro Conceal in the little tube that so many natural ladies rave about, but quickly rejected that idea. There are SO MANY different shades, I knew I would never get the correct match for my skin tone. Also, I can't seem to find a single beauty supply in my area that carries LA Girl, so unless I want to treck far into the city and try my luck at a random beauty supply, I'm forced to order online.

The first time I tried the Fit Me concealer, I purchased a shade too light. Another reviewer mentioned that this shade runs light, and she was definitely telling the truth. I bought the color Sand, the first time and it was so light and bright that I probably looked like I was wearing a mask under my eyes. I switched it out the next day for Medium, which works much better.

This concealer brightens up my undereye area and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or if that's actually what a concealer is suposed to do and this one does its job. It certainly makes my dark circles less noticeable, but it goes on rather bright until I set it with my NARS pressed powder. Then the brightness sort of 'calms down' and I look normal, just with no dark circles.

Sometimes if I have a red blemish on my face I'll use this to cover it up, and it does a very good job at that too. I use a Real Techniques blending sponge to blend (the flat end) to settle everything down, and for now, this concealer is the answer to my prayers.
It's inexpensive ($5.99) and readily available at major drugstores and retailers. Also, I really like the packaging. The square tube reminds me of NARS and the doe foot applicator makes it easy to get the product onto your face without using your fingers.

All in all, I woud recommend this product if you need a good, inexpensive concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in the shade cafe. I think this is pretty good. Not chalky or watery. Covers blemishes and unde eye darkness very well. Once set with some powder it lasts a pretty long time.

on 7/26/2015 8:17:00 AM

It's everything you need a concealer to be for a reasonable price.

on 7/26/2015 2:31:00 AM

One of my favourite concealers!!! Use it on blemishes, dark circles and basically anywhere. Brought it along on holiday and i was lazy to use a foundation, the weather was hot and humid so i didnt wanna cake my face up with full on foundation. Used it all over my face on my undereye, blemishes and any discolourations, set it with rimmel's stay matte powder and finish up with blusher and bronzer and i was good to go!! My face still looked pretty flawless and it did lasted till night without touch ups. What more good things can i say? The price was okay for the concealer (around SGD 12-15?) and i would totally repurchase this!

on 7/26/2015 12:09:00 AM

Love!!! Perfect color for my skin (light), covers most of my imperfections and dark under eye circles and doesn't make me break out. On my 2nd tube and plan to keep buying

on 7/25/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This concealer line runs really light. The darkest shade in the line 30 Café is incredibly ashen on my NW45 skin. I couldn't even use it to brighten my skin because it's got this pale, chalky undertone.

I couldn't even bother testing it for wear and whether or not it creases because the shade match was so off. If you're lighter then NW45 you'll probably find a better shade match.

Would not repurchase.

on 7/25/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It is a great concealer and easy to apply. Packaging is great for the drugstore.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Super creamy concealer. Definitely one of my favorite. I mainly use it for brightening my face up, so under my eyes, bridge of my nose, chin, cupid's bow, and forehead. It does last all day. I find too much of it on my nose makes it look a bit cake, but with the right precision, you'll be fine.