November 22, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by XeniB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was impressed to see how many different opinions exist about this product. I bought it and then I read the reviews and I was like "oh, God no"..anyway I have combination skin who can get really oily some days (still trying to figure out why) but that is basically the only imperfection of my skin. I have no scars or acne or anything else to cover. I have to say I was not that disappointed by the product. It does give a dewy finish and I always use powder with it and it looks really natural after a few hours..even with a closer look it doesn't really seem that I wear foundation. I bought the color "classic ivory" and it pretty similar to my skin and it doesn't really oxidize. It doesn't have a long stay power, but again its fine for everyday use and it also feels really comfortable. Some things I have to point out:
1. I bought mine in the Netherlands and it had a pump!! I don't know why that doesn't happen in all countries
2. The weather here is really cold right now, so I believe that it would get greasy on warmer climats..
3. It's not ideal for a full longstay coverage.. But its great if you want something to even out your skin color and you don't have many imperfections.

I wouldn't repurchase, but to be honest, I always like to try new foundations and rarely stick into the same..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Reaaaaaally greasy and heavy despite using primer and powder. Too liquidy and escapes the glass container too quickly. Plus, oxidation turns any color into an orangey-red. Ugh I remember when a friend and I were using this makeup but in different shades, we always looked too orangey red to others so we tossed out this foundation. And yes, I did the jawbone test in store with natural lighting, but I think the orangey-redness is caused by oxidation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ImAllAboutDatFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this foundation 6 times. The first time I got 350 caramel, which was suuuper dark. Next, I purchased 320 honey beige, which if perfect for summer. After that, I purchased 330 toffee caramel, 315 soft honey, and 240 golden beige. For shade reference I am between an NC42 and Nc44 in Mac. I just repurchased the 330 one because last year I just did not like the upgraded formula, but this year it worked for me. I feel that this foundation is aimed towards people with dry skin or combination skin with few oily spots. If you're wondering my perfect shades are 320 for summer and 315, 240 for fall, winter, and spring. I have yet to see if this 330 shade matches me or not. Pros about this foundation are that it's creamy, lightweight, superblendable, and affordable. Cons are that it does not last long, no pump, and it has a significant amount of transfer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

Disappointed by this. It doesn't 'fit' me, it just looks orange and a bit oily after a few hours. This is quite sheer so not good for those looking to cover imperfections. When first applied it does give quite a nice dewy effect but this quickly becomes oily. This might be good for dry skins but I will not be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In all the time I have been wearing makeup and the many brands I used, this foundation is probably the worst. It is basically a glorified tinted moisturizer masquerading as a foundation. It is so oily I couldn't get the greasiness down with any powder. The only things that it has going for it are blend ability and the low price at WalMart (about 6.00) but anything with that much glycerin in it would blend on sand and the low price indicates it is of cheap quality. I have used other drugstore foundations of equal price that were better. And since my skin tone is a cool light, I tried number 15, Natural Ivory,which had all this pink pigmentation in it so I tried #20- Classic Ivory,which is perfect in Cover Girl's line but in Fit Me,it's a orange-y cast. Forget this product all together! To top it off, it pools into your pores after about 3-5 hours and if you have to do anything that requires physical activity,pass on wearing this. I don't recommend it for anyone with oily skin for the above mentioned reasons, nor aging skin as it emphasizes lines,sensitive skin as it does have a powder like perfume smell and can irritate it and acne skin. I would only suggest this for very dry skin types who would like sheer to light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mitchalbano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was kind of iffy to buy this foundation because OBVIOUSLY it had low ratings here. I just recently observed how my skin would transition to the drier side on the colder months and so I definitely had to find a foundation that would suit my skin situation. I've used higher end foundations more thinking drugstore would just break me out and whatnot. But after hearing about our normal/dry skin sisters here on MUA and youtube, I definitely had to get my hands or should I say my face into this. And so I did and WOW!! Blends like a dream. Has that YOUTHFUL GLOW and for me looks like skin and can be layered on to provide more coverage. Has a satin finish with a slight dewiness that is not overpowering. I never look cakey with this. Now I have my HG foundation for now. Thank you FIT ME!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an overall great foundation. It really covers nicely, and doesn't cake. It's also slightly luminous!
I have it in 110, which is the lightest shade. It is probably sliiiiiightly too dark for me, but I mean it's not even noticeable.
I bought this on sale for $6.99, and I think it is worth it.
The packaging is good, it's a little rectangle jar and screw-on lid. I wish it had a pump though, but it's aright!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading some reviews and doing to research I decided to pick up this foundation. I wanted something that didn't leave me with a matte finish, because I'm already dry, and anything matte makes my skin look drier. When I first applied the makeup, I really liked the way it looked and felt on my face. It matches my skin great, was light to medium coverage, didn't feel heavy or cakey, covered my redness, and gave me a dewy look. Literally just a few hours later, my face was a mess! On my forehead I looked oily, and on my dry spots I was flakey and blotchy, and it also settled into my pores. Touching it up was not an option because it does not build well, if you apply more than one layer it looked like you caked half a bottle of foundation on your face. I was very disappointed in this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Oily mess! Hated this foundation and the cake style finish it left on my face, tried this for a week and threw it out! Terrible thick finish that was beyond unflattering and empathised my pores to a ludicrous degree. Did not enjoy this foundation in the slightest and I don't know how this could work on any skin. Colour also oxides and left a charming orange colour along with the cakey finish, I cannot recommend steering clear from this foundation enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CallieSoon

I debated on giving this foundation a 3/5 but had to give it a 4 since it's exactly what I want from a foundation EXCEPT it only lasts about 4 hours.

I only recommend this if you have DRY skin and want light to medium coverage. Wish they could figure out a way to make it last longer!