December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

let's just not forget that maybelline is willing to torture innocent animals for profit

not worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Psychosomatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really adore this foundation, especially for its price. It's so lightweight, has a decent coverage, and does not break me out (ahem L'oreal true match which gave me tiny whiteheads).

Quick Rundown

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Natural, medium coverage (buildable layers if let sit a little)
- Great price (in Canada, drugstore foundations are often ridiculously priced)
- Didn't break me out
- Very blendable

Cons:
- Doesn't last long
- Not for oily people, unless you work for it
- Packaging

I hope they never discontinue this! It is one of the drugstore foundations that doesn't oxidize on me and fits my skin colour and tone so beautifully. The liquid 240 golden beige is my exact match, can't even tell I have foundation on. It has that yellow undertone that I so desperately look for. I use foundation mainly to even out and make my skin less dull (I have some dark spots, redness and occasional breakouts), so overall my skin isn't bad. I don't wear foundation every day either. The Fit Me liquid does have a dewy finish that a lot oily girls won't like.

I actually do have oily combination skin so on its own, without powder or primer or setting spray it will probably last 2-3 hours and fade away (thankfully not in a patchy or really obvious manner), but I only use it on its own if I'm in a rush and don't want to wear makeup for that long. It feels very breathable too, not heavy at all. However, if I use it with all my other products, it's an excellent base and it it lasts until I remove my makeup which can go beyond 12 hours. I use a primer (any oil control primer - drugstore or high end, lately I've been running on samples of the smashbox pore minimizing and benefit porefessional lol), then I dot the Fit me all over and blend with a dampened beauty blender (BEAUTIFUL finish with damp sponge), or sometimes my fingers and finish by powdering lightly. I might have to blot a couple times. If I really want it to last and look FLAWLESS, I set the liquid with UD all nighter spray first and THEN powder lightly (sometimes a loose translucent, sometimes a powder foundation), and it does not budge. Some might call this a high maintenance routine to make it work, but hey, we all use primer and powder anyway. For it's price, I'll buy it over and over again. And yes the container is not the best but I love it for the colour match, the natural finish and also how it blends. It's quite runny. Also I especially love this for the winter! In the summer I wear Estee lauder double wear light, I'm between a 3 and 4, I might even add a couple of drops of the Fit Me mixed in! In L'oreal true match I'm W6 (slightly too light for me). I love this foundation, on its own even if it doesn't last long and also in conjunction with other products. Give it a try if your skin is all right and not that oily, for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Bounceeit

I personally love this foundation for it's price! It gives a very great coverage and super affordable absolutely my fave foundation of all time ! The only thing that I dislike about this foundation is that it doesn't stay on all day so you would definitely need to touch up .

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished a bottle of this, and I haven't repurchased since. I found that it was a good colour match for my skin, which is hard for me to find, but it definitely can have a greasy feeling on the skin. The coverage is also quite sheer, and doesn't build up well. During the summer, this foundation is super oily on me and I have combo skin that can be oily. This foundation really brings out the oil in my skin, and therefore it needs to be set with a powder, more than once.

I think the line has a decent amount of shades, but most people who have anything other than dry or normal skin may find this too oily. It's also got little coverage and won't cover any marks or spots that someone may want to conceal. I've had tinted moisturizers give me more coverage than this.

The finish is quite dewy, which is nice during cooler months. The finish also looks natural, which is nice. Probably best for people with skin without any problems. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. It is not a long-lasting foundation. As a side note, the bottle does not come with a pump, so it's easy to waste product or use too much.

The amount of money used on this foundation could easily be used for a better one. I've never seen testers for this foundation so finding a match may be difficult as well. Save your money and choose a foundation with a better formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by BeccaWillBite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was good for the years I worked overnight and never saw the sun (my fair skin didn't need much coverage) It is more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. Had a dewy finish going on, and as the night wore on, it disappeared. Not worth the price, more for a younger face. Really moisturizing though.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bshareef

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Not impressed at all, it has no coverage and extremely oily. Can only wear in winter. It doesn't last that long either. If you have a flawless skin it will make it more glowing but if you have spots & blemishes I wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by goohoarder17

I gave this foundation 3 out of five stars. So I thought it was a little better than average. I have oily combination skin. I am also extremely fair. I bought the lightest shade which was 110, and it wasn't so dark that I cant use it....but it could have been lighter even still. I applied this with a beauty blender, clean fingers, and also a flat top foundation brush. I prefer the brush for the best coverage. It has light to medium coverage. More medium when using a buffing or flat top brush. It covers what it needs to for me to be comfortable. I can still see freckles and some acne scaring peaking through. The finish of this is my favorite part of this product. Unlike Revlon's Photo Ready this leaves a beautiful glow without any visible flecks of glitter or shimmer. The problem with that is for people with oily skin "dewy" foundations don't hold up as well through out the day. That being said as long as I set this foundation good with powder, it lasts me very well with little touch ups. I would definitely repurchase even for those more natural days of makeup. I would especially recommend this foundation in the colder months when the wind sucks the life out of your skin. This gives the life back!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by 1Queen1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall i would give this product 2 out of 5 stars. It is easy to apply and it feels very light weight. Cons are that it wears of easily and it makes your skin look orange and oily after only an hour of wear. It looks great at first but i will not be buying this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lenxiacovou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed after using this foundation, I found that it didn't 'fit me' at all as it gave me an orange look as well as a very dewy look which made my skin look really greasy. I also found that the coverage was very light so if you're looking to cover blemishes or even out your skin tone, this foundation is not for you. I wouldn't be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Salmita94

This foundation did not really work for me. I have normal/combination skin and the foundation made me look very very dewy (oily/wet type face) I think this would be great for people with dry skin. I do like the fact that it is dermatologist tested and it did not break me out - but again, for my type of face it sadly just didn't work!