Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.2

active ingredient: titanium dioxide ingredients: isododecane, titanium dioxide, isohexadecane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, quaternium-18 hectorite, ethylene mixed copolymer, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), kaolin, cholesterol, aloe barbadensis extract, lavender, sandal wood, tocopheryl acetate, isomerized linoleic acid, geranium, silica, jasmin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, bisabolol, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, rose, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, BHT, mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide greens.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As a foundation I found this to be a little too heavy, I mean, this is FULL coverage. Like nothing before. Which can be perfect for some, but I prefer to look still natural.

You only need a tiny amount to cover your entire face. And it will cover up EVERYTHING.
I'm using this as a concealer and it does a fabulous job at that. No freckle in sight.
It has a good staying powder. Does not transfer.

The bad; colour selection. I have 2 options; too dark, of too yellow. Cause of that reason I use this underneath my foundation.
I would love to see more shades for lighter en darker woman.

I dont wanna look like a Minion, Estee Lauder! You know I'm talking about that 'Vanilla Light' shade.
And when summer will arrive I can switch to the 'Geordie shore' shade.
Great XD

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'd been looking for a full coverage foundation without the feeling of having a cake face. I watched several YT reviews on the product before buying. I'm extremely surprised at the coverage and it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything. It is a great product and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is marketed as full coverage and that is totally correct. In my experience it's pretty much the highest coverage product on the market; it blows anything drugstore out of the water (and yes I have tried Revlon Colourstay). This foundation can appear mask like so it's best suited to application with wet fingers or damp beauty blender, and best suited for someone who knows how to bronze, blush, contour, highlight the face to give it some dimension back. I have what used to be mild/moderate acne but now DEFINITELY moderate and this is honestly a life saver. There are no words for how much better this product makes me feel. It makes me a bit teary. This may sound daft to some but to people who know the psychological damage acne can do to you, you know what I'm talking about. It literally covers almost everything. The only thing it cant cover is icepick scars/bad skin texture (which is pretty much impossible for any foundation to cover anyway). I love this product. Holy Grail. Took one lippie off the price rating because its £30 but it's not an unreasonable cost because of the quality of the product. I would buy this again and again and again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is ok but nothing special. I get oily after few hours and it sets in my pores so I look older and my wrinkles are more noticable. Looks a bit cakey on me.

UPDATE: I bought sigma f80 foundation brush and I stopped using my elicina plus as moisturiser and now it is perfect.

I used double wear EL in fresco for many many years but with my skin getting older, with more wrinkles, and uneven skin tone I needed to look for another full coverage foundation but something that feels light and stays on all day.

I have the waterproof Mac long wear which has an amazing dewy / satin look but I struggled to get this to last a full day for me irrespective of fixing sprays, primers and finishing powders. I use this mainly on weekends now as it just can't do the distance on my skin for long work days.

Out of desperation I looked through my makeup case (no budget for yet another foundation), and found my once used tube of EL maximum cover in Vanilla. I thought well I paid for this so maybe I can make it work. My first go with it was horrid on my dry skin it looked so Cakey and one dimensional.i was determined to make it work.

I experimented with mixing 3/4 of the EL vanilla with my Mac waterproof in NW30 or NW25 (have both), wow, I could see more dimension, a better colour and it stayed on all day with primer, a good moisturiser and skindinavia over the top. To be fair a fixing spray may not be necessary as this stuff really stays put!

I have been experimenting some more and this is now my routine for an almost airbrushed effect for my face:

Moisturiser - Embryolisse Secret De Maquilleurs CC cream SPF20 (tinted, covers and corrects, amazing hydration and spf!)

Pores - hourglass primer nose area and chin if needed (if you have large pores this seems to minimise the look but the foundation may cover with no pores for you)

EL maximum cover - dab dots over face (teeny amount) rub / dab into face with fingers and same time mix in Becca shimmering skin perfector (HG of all my makeup) in moonstone.

Use damp beauty blender to really meld it into the skin for a more natural look and see an airbrush dewy face in front of you

Spray face with Skindinavia setting spray (if needed for your skin type)

Finishing powder (lightly) on t-zone if needed again (Laura mercier or dermablend or blur / HD hydrating powder, keep it super light or skip this and don't do cheeks only t-zone). The foundation stays on for me without powder but I do it to take the glow down a notch on the t- zone)

Finish eyes, blush / bronzer etc to bring back more life into face

Voila. I am back in love with this foundation. For work I have events often after work and it just keeps on staying just as I first applied it even at 11pm at night.

TIP - Don't give up on this, use a very very tiny amount, moisturiser is a must, you could try a brush if you don't have dry skin or peach fuzz (I do so no good for me), but if you use fingers and or damp beauty blender and add in a foundation highlighter like Becca it will transform a flat long wear foundation to another level ! Hope that helps someone with similar age / skin conditions :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love the coverage of this foundation, it covers everything and stays put. The tube seems small but it has lasted me a long time because you use so little. It's super easy to blend with my kabuki brush too. Just wish the colour range was better. The packaging looks nice too with the Estée Lauder dark blue and gold lid and lettering.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I first bought this foundation I loved it. I bought it in creamy vanilla and I'm a NC 25. It was a tad too light but I just used some powder to even it out and it was fine. Its a full coverage and you only need the tiniest amout for your whole face and it stayed on all day. The only thing I didnt like about it was the flashback that it had. It made my face look soo white. If it wasnt for that it would probably be my HG but that ruined it for me. I ended up returning it a couple days later.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

If you want to cover your tattoos, this the the best product to use!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great foundation but there are many cheaper foundations that have the exact same coverage and wear time. I think that, for the price, it isn't anything out of the ordinary!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used sooooo many full coverage foundations out there and this is my favorite! A little goes a long way. I have acne scars like crazy all over my face and I don't even need concealer with this! I just add an extra layer on top of my dark spots. I have acne prone skin and large pores. this Doesn't make me breakout and lasts all day. Goes on so smooth too. Super excited I found this!!!😍😍😍

Video Reviews & Tutorials

My Full Coverage Foundation Routine (Acne) | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation - Review & Demo by MonsiieurAlex