January 30, 2015 | 1832 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kylie143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple of years now. the coverage is amazing - very full coverage but without looking cakey. it's really buildable, you don't need much at all so a bottle lasts for ages. I've found its best applied wih a flat top brush. It covers freckles really well. I actually started using this after I'd had IPL treatments on my face (which makes freckles temporarily super dark - almost black) and it covered them up no trouble at all! pretty much negates the need for concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:09:00 AM More reviews by caribbeangeisha

Less is more with this little powerhouse of a foundation! I have dry skin and it just glides effortlessly thorough my skin like a dream. I apply this in the morning, set it with powder only in the T zone ( remember, dry skin and powder doesn't get too well) when it's about time to remove it (about 8 hours after work and some chores around the house) WOW! just needs a little elbow grease to remove it. If you use a foundation like this, please get a good makeup remover, because it will help you against rubbing and damaging the skin. the only thing I would change about it sincerely it's the range of colors. I use 2W2 rattan, for light-medium skin, but the line is missing in for our darker skinned sisters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Sunny1981

Amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PLEASE Estee Lauder bring back the 11 Very Light shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Ariiaa

I love this product!! I ordered now 2 more from ICI Paris XL in the Netherlands, they have a discount now, 70%!!!. So it is now €12,60 euros! Normally it is €42 so its a huge difference. However i had problems with my skin and i used different foundations, which only gave me oily skin and acne. I only use Estee Lauder now and even my friend told me my face look great. Its really lightweight foundation and you dont have to use much.

I would recommend this to people who have oily skin or combi.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by blueygreeneyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Read lots of reviews before I bought this and wished I'd bought it a lot sooner. Great coverage and shade range, bottle's ok but will end up tipping it upside down when I get to the last drop. Don't think it would work on dry skin as I was told to moisturise well before application and I've got combination skin which is getting dehydrated as I'm getting older. I'll be sticking to this as over the years I've bought every foundation known to womankind and never been happy with coverage, shine etc etc. good all rounder just make sure you go to the counter with a sales woman who can be bothered to apply it correctly that was my only gripe , the actual product is fab. The price is what I expect to pay for high end make up. This review is for the double wear foundation ( bottled) and not this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by fikiwiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product cause I read quite good reviews on it here. After getting the product, initially I was sort of satisfied with it, but after a while it just felt like any other foundation, just that it's a little bit more 'powdery' and kind of make it look like you've put many layers of makeup on, despite you just swiped it once on the skin.

The only reason I stated that I would not buy this product again, was cause it wasn't exactly OUTSTANDING or different than any other products and it kind of still make me wonder if there is a perfect foundation out there. But if I were to run out of foundation and are left between this product and some other product I do not have the review off and in an emergency sort of situation (perhaps I'm traveling and forgot to bring a foundation and deciding to get a foundation as quick as I can before my flight), I will get this again.

It is not the kind of make up I will wear to work everyday, due to the fact I don't want to look like as if I'm trying to seduce the kindergarten kids at centre I work in with the 'heavy' make up. All I needed was something that would just tone out my skin naturally, cover the pores and thats about it. I also have Giorgio Armani Nude Face Fabric foundation which is almost double the price, but that felt more natural to wear to work than this Estee Lauder one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by amaliastroud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me first say that I have weird skin. I can have a minor breakout and deal with hyper pigmentation from it for months. I have dark marks on my face that will usually only go away with color correcting, which will often times make your face suuuuuper cakey. I also have skin that produces so much oil, eyeliner on my waterline ends up raccoon-ish after about two hours. I love the normal double wear because it stays put on my oily skin and it covers a lot without me having to color correct. Now THIS stuff is heaven sent. I don't use it as a foundation because I love my double wear but as a concealer on top it's magical. I got a sample of it and that little jar is lasting me so long!! I'm definitely purchasing this foundation as soon as I get to a Macy's it's literally the best concealer I've ever used. I've stuck with Mac studio finish for years but it slides off my face when I get oily. This will replace that bad bay. Expensive but hey, it's your face. Highly recommend if you have some serious covering up to do!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in creamy tan perfect color for me. I waited a week to review this item because I had judt given myself a tca 20% platinum skincare peel. I had not used this stuff since it had been reformulated.Well I gotta say I love it Iuse this and set it with my La prairie powder foundation for an absolutely flawless coverage. UPDATE......this stuff is very drying ang since im not going to pay 130dollars for the old formula on amazon i am using instant age rewind eraser treatment foundation as primer.IT WORKS Update Update..................Ladies I cant deal with this stuff I had to go out and spend another 40 dollars To get lancome teint miracle as a last ditch effort to salvage this makeup I mix the two and it looks great but you should not have to get foundation down to a science to make it look nice!I am going back to ardency inn LAST CHANCE..............just bought two bottles of jane iredale liquid minerals so now i mix the two and it is by far the best foundation to mix with estee

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first bought this foudation almost two years ago after reading the good reviews and needing a full coverage foudation that actually lasted all day.

First let me say the colors are limited. When I went to the counter I had picked out one color, but the MUA at the counter picked out another shade for me, and I went with what she picked out. The color itself does not perfectly fit me either, but I make it work. The counter MUA applied the foundation on with a brush, on just one side of my face where most of my acne scarring is, I was pleased, so on my way home I went. In the car though, I noticed just how thick and caked on it looked, so I started having second thoughts. I tried using this foundation for a while, but I really wasn't too pleased, it came out too thick everytime, I could feel it on my face and all I wanted to do was wash it off. I left it alone for a while.

Fast foward a few months, I tried it again, but decided this foundation does not work for me if I try to use it on my whole face, so I only applied it to my problem areas, then I applied my regular mineral powder over my whole face, which also takes care of the color difference. This way worked for me, so it's how I use it now.

But let me tell you, I DID NOT appreciate just how great this foundation is until recently. My skin is going through a horrible phase of cystic acne, and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation goin on, and this foudation is what saves me every morning. It's amazing how quickly this covers up my marks, I don't have to fuss around trying to cover up, I simply put some of this foundation on and it's done. Every now and then I'll go over one area twice, but it's such a time saver (because I've struggled with foudations or concealers that take time to cover up before), and now that I'm starting to run out, I know I'm definitely buying another bottle. I put this on early in the morning and when I get home from work in the evening my scars are still perfectly covered up.

Also, a little goes a long way, so one bottle will last you a while.