October 30, 2014 | 1697 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cadubois4

Hated this. I got a sample of this with something else I bought. Squirted some on a Q-tip like I would a normal makeup remover, and it was like using water. It didn't remove anything and it stung my eyes like something crazy. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dollllface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't particularly like bashing on products because sometimes I feel like it "just didn't work for ME," but I have to say, I really hated this remover!

I bought the small travel size bottle at Walmart (I believe for $2 CDN) to bring with me on a trip. I had never used it before, but I thought it would be okay for the first couple of days overseas until I was able to buy the Shiseido eye & lip makeup remover (which is the BEST thing EVER!)

This did absolutely NOTHING for me. As another reviewer mentioned, it really felt like I was using plain water. But plain water that somehow stung my eyes! It removed practically no eye makeup - just smudged everything, aka panda eyes - & I eventually had to scrub my eyes with hotel soap using one of their towelettes (apologies to the hotel! That's what extreme frustration does to me!)

Now granted, I was wearing black liquid liner & waterproof mascara, however, as an "eye makeup remover" I had expected it to remove at least SOME makeup. But nope. :( I can't complain about the price (at least for the travel size!) but I would've been better off having spent the $2 on a bottle of water that I could've drank - no difference between the two!

Glad it has worked for some others, but for me it was a huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was bad enough that I signed right on makeup alley to write a review!

Stings, tugs - doesn't run smoothly across under eye on cotton pad, and leaves behind a bit of residue. Worst of all, it didn't even remove all of my eye makeup, and I wore very little today.

I'm going to return it. You've been warned!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Abbiemcerleanx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if it's me or not but after using it my eyes started stinging and thought it was a product for sensitive skin but I feel it really hurts my eyes but it does take my eye make up off really fast

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one whose eyes stung after using this! Not only that, I felt like this stunk at removing makeup AND it left a stick residue. I know you're supposed to cleanse after removing makeup, yet I feel if it was an effective eye makeup remover, it wouldn't leave any residue behind at all. I do love the Simple wipes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I got my bottle free with my q-tips. The first time I used this was testing out my eyeshadows. I was used to just scrubbing my eyelids until the color washed away. I put about three drops of this product on a q-tip and dabbed it on my eye. It didn't sting and in seconds the eyeshadow was gone. Then I used the other dry side of the q-tip to wipe off any excess liquid. Love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, I'm debating whether or not I can bring myself to finish the bottle. This just STINGS so much. It was such a disappointment especially because I have sensitive skin and I love a lot of other Simple products, like their cleansing wipes and their facial scrub, but this just does not get the job done! You need a lot of product to actually remove your eye makeup-- you have to really get in there with multiple Q-tips and cotton pads and the formula is too weak to actually remove makeup without a ton of irritating effort. I'm talking stroking each individual clump of eyelashes to remove all the little bits of your mascara. And worse, it really irritates my eyes! Ouch. I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Claudygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a freak writing this, considering all the bad comments. But this product is perfect for me! Not oily, not sticky, it doesn't irritates my eyes and itīs cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like fragrance-free and eco-conscious cosmetics (and skincare). But I'm not extreme or consistent in using only organic or natural. Simple caught my eye at the store, so I thought I would give it a try. Everything I tried from this line ended up being a big disappointment. The eye makeup remover most of all. It simply does not work. I thought I could use up the bottle for little cleanups during makeup application. But it was not even effective at that. So, file-13 it goes!! My favorite has become the Up&Up brand version of Pond's Clean Sweep wipes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by megantiffany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everyone always yaps on about this product saying it stings etc, it's a makeup remover you shouldn't be getting it in your eyes anyway! I will admit it does hurt getting it in your eye but it wasn't designed for that. It does the job for me. I don't wear a heavy amount of eyeliner - only pencil on the bottom and top waterline and a few coats of mascara. This product works amazing for me! I use q-tips and also cotton pads with this and I find it works great :)