December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Crème - Mehron - Celebre HD Pro Cream Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've battled with my uneven, acne-prone skin for a few months now. Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream is the best full-coverage foundation for my extreme hyperpigmentation. Some hyperpigmentation is 5 shades darker than my natural skin tone. Most people say Vichy/Dermablend is the only real option. I've tried it on several occassions and the formula is so difficult to work with, even when I have hours to spare. I've also tried Estee Lauder Face and Body, which is elegant and longwearing, but the tiny color range means purchasing 3 tubes at $37 each and mixing daily. At $10 a jar for Mehron, I'm able to purchase 4 colors that I blend into different areas of my skin to highlight, contour, and conceal. Drugstore prices for a product that could be luxury.

Mehron Celebre glides across the skin easily. Using my fingers, I place the cream in thin layers, strategically blending it into my most troublesome areas. Using a beauty blender sheers out the product, something I don't want.

Now for the catch. The product requires -- powder, setting spray, and oil cleanser.

It is not longwearing. I'm still rating this at 5 stars because it's not advertised as longwear. If you know full coverage, you can probably understand what it's like to *feel* your makeup on your face. Around the 5 hour mark, I was suddenly aware of the product being there, it itched in spots where I've applied the most. On one particularly sweaty day (following a glycolic peel) I was shocked to look in the mirror and find that it had completely separated on me. Determined to make it work, I started paying more attention to my setting powder and setting spray.

To make this work for oily skin and daily wear, a setting powder and setting spray is essential. I use a YSL powder (very finely milled) and Skindinavia No More Shine. This extends the 5-hour wear to flawless coverage for my 8-10 hour day. It's saved me.

Because the product doesn't feel heavy (like Dermablend) it's easy to think that your current cleansing routine is "good enough." This requires an oil cleanser. If you can't use an oil cleanser, Mehron may clog you.

**Update: Using this with the Cover FX 160 Cream Brush is another gamechanger. I buff in thin layers and the result is even skin-like coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Partise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. Seriously. I use the Mehron Celebre HD Pro Cream in shade ME2 and find this to be a very good match. I wear this daily.

FOUNDATION & SKIN REFERENCE:
I have used:
Mac "Pro Longwear Foundation NW22-25"
Maybelline Fit Me shade "235" (if very pale then I can use #135 but it is a touch too pink)
Cinema Secrets "#504-5B" (leans neutral) or "#506-15" (leans slightly pink)
Ulta Double Duty Foundation "Natural Buff"
Smashbox BB Cream "Light/Medium"

I would say I have slight pink, neutral, possibly light-light olive undertones to my skin.
My skin is blemish free with some mild hyper-pigmentation on my upper right cheek due to sun exposure over the years. I can have T-Zone oiliness particularly on my forehead if I fall off my skincare routine or do not set my foundation.

PRODUCT:
Why I enjoy this foundation is that it looks incredibly natural, easily blend-able and build-able, creates a really flawless finish and is incredibly easy to apply. I have no oxidation with this product nor issues with it settling into any creases or fine lines around my eyes. Stays on all day (9+ hours) and I have no shine, breakdown or cakey issues with this product. The cost is less than $10 for 0.9 oz or 25g of product. So it is affordable to buy 2 shades and mix to your perfect undertone if necessary.

PRE-APPLICATION:
I am a skincare fanatic now that I am in my mid-40's and find that healthy skin really aids in a beautiful application of this foundation or any foundation for that matter. My routine prior to applying this foundation is to wash my face in the morning with a Konjac sponge with a mild cleanser (at night I use a Clarisonic), rinse and while slightly damp use hyaluronic acid serum, followed by a Vitamin C serum. Let dry and use a mattifying moisturizer such as La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Mat Daily Moisturizer for Oily Skin - a small amount will spread really far. Once dry (less than a minute) I use a mattifying primer such as La Roche-Posay's Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with SPF50 - as a note this primer is the bomb! My face is now moisturized and matt. A perfect base for a cream foundation. As a note, I really believe that these two La Roche-Posay products keep this foundation perfect throughout the day.

APPLICATION:
I apply the foundation using a Stippling Brush for no particular reason except that I like stippling brushes for cream foundations. I have used the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, ELF Cosmetics Small Stippling Brush or a Hakuhodo Duo Fibre Stippling brush with the same result. I do not use a "stippling motion" but rather a dab, swirl and buffing motion on my face. In less than 1 minute my foundation is applied. The foundation will impart a slight dewy look to my skin that I minimize with a translucent mattifying powder such as Make Up Forever's HD pressed powder or Ben Nye's Classic Translucent Face Powder or one of the Ben Nye's Bella Luxury Powders. I bronze, highlight and blush. My final step is to set the makeup with spritz's of Skindinavia's "The Makeup Finishing Spray" in Oil Control.

For the price it is well worth trying and I can definitely recommend this product for all the reasons listed above.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am on the fence with this one. Coverage when first applied is fantastic! I wasn't too sure how to apply this at first and tried with a flat top brush, fingers, and beauty blender and the beauty blender was by far the best option in my opinion. I just dipped it in and blended over my face. Over the areas I needed a bit more coverage, I added another layer it went on smoothly and did not look cakey. My skin looks really flawless with this. From reviews on here I chose the shade ME1, and it is a perfect match for me (I am Buff in Revlon CS, Bourjois Healthy Mix 52, I guess that works out to be about a NC20-25?) Very neutral colour, not too yellow and not too pink. Just in the middle.

The reason I am on the fence is because this just didn't last on my face. I would definitely choose this foundation for when I know photos are going to be taken of me, for nights out, weddings, events etc. But not for an every day foundation. After 5 hours I checked my face and from afar it still looked okay, but up close I could see it had separated and had rubbed off around my T-zone, and had caked up slightly around my eyes and on my forehead and made my starter wrinkles look worse than what they are.

So... conclusion: Yes for nights out and photos. No for every day use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Sharmine

My HG foundation!! Goes on so smoothly with a beauty blender or real Technique expert face brush to give an airbrushed finish. I use the Eurasia japonais which has a nice yellow undertone to it bit a bit dark for my NC30 skin so I mix it with a light shade of maybelline fit me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Sharlau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All that and more!!
Just a tip:
If you wear Mac nc25- nc30: Eurasia Fair or Medium 1 should suit your skin beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by melanous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I first saw it while browsing at Nigel's in North Hollywood. I told my sister about it and she actually bought a couple different colors (lives in SF so got it mail-ordered) and gave me one that didn't work for her. OMG, these are amazing! Go buy one NOW. First, they cover really well. I have lots of red in my skin and this worked wonders. Second, this has lasted so incredibly well. She gave me a barely used pot back when I saw her at Thanksgiving 2013, that was 6 months ago? I still have probably half the pot left. Honestly, these are around $10 I mean, you can't really go wrong there. So, this worked great for winter dryness but I'll update for the suffocating SoCal heat when summer gets into full swing, our weather is so extreme from dryness to humidity to heat. I wish I knew the color but it has worn off, will update if I find it through her original order. Beautiful finish, covers well but isn't heavy, love these and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Yusrafahed

Let me start by saying, the only reason I'm aware this product exists and I bought a foundation online(unbelievable) was because of my favorite YouTube guru, Wayne Goss(gossmakeupartist). He raves about it so I HAD to try it. I bought this in the shade ME1(nc20-25) which is pretty amazing color match. It is a light yellow undertone shade. I would've liked it to be a bit more yellow but that's why I'll be getting the Eurasia Japanais soon. I luuuuv it. I have normal/dry skin so I have to moisturize a little extra but it's so worth it. I haven't used a primer and haven't set it with powder since I didn't feel the need and it lasted beautifully. I've been wearing it every single day and not one break out infact, this might sound crazy, my skin looks glowy even after I take it off. I break out with foundations real easy and my skin looks crap after I take it off. It gives a natural demi matte finish and like your wearing nothing at all. I'm a fan ...I didn't think I would like it so very much. I ordered it through camera ready cosmetics for $8.95 plus shipping. Another cream foundation I love is mac full coverage foundation which I also bought because of Mr.Goss lol ...is more coverage but pricier. The finish of both these IMO are amazing and they photograph insane!! Just for reference my shade in other foundations- mac full coverage NC30(it's more yellow), giorgio armani luminous silk in 4.5, bourjois healthy mix 52, loreal true match W3(more pink....I like W4) and mac face and body C2. Love all these foundations and mehron is on the list. Oh oops I apply it with a damp sponge after I cleanse and moisturize a bit heavy. I don't powder cuz I like that tiny bit dewy look. Luuv it !!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't usually like cream foundations because I have oily skin but I had to try it after reading so many rave reviews online. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding so I had been looking for a foundation that looks great in pictures but doesn't contain tons of silicones, which tend to break me out. (I've been using L'Oreal True Match for years and love it but it doesn't look that good in pictures because of the sunscreen.) The Mehron foundation doesn't contain sunscreen, so it doesn't give you that white ashy cast in photos.

PROS:
- Wide range of colors for different skin tones (I use Eurasia Fair or Chinois depending on how tan I am. I'm usually around an NC40-45)
- Great coverage! I barely need concealer when I use this
- Looks airbrushed in photos
- Easy to apply and blend (I use Real Techniques Expert Face Brush)
- A little goes a long way
- Gives you a powder finish
- Non-comedogenic and non-acneic (no breakouts so far!)
- Cheap! It's under $10 on crccosmetics.com

CONS:
- Jar packaging isn't very hygienic, so I have to use disposable spatulas to scoop product out
- If you have oily skin, you need a primer with this or it won't last all day
- Only sold online
- Can look a bit cakey because of the powdery finish and the coverage... definitely doesn't look as natural as the True Match... I don't like to look like I'm wearing too much makeup

Overall, I definitely think the pros outweigh the cons with this foundation. I don't know if I'll continue to use this as an everyday foundation or just for special occasions where I know pictures will be taken.

I'm going to try mixing this with a little bit of hyaluronic acid serum to see if I get a dewier, more natural finish. I'll update later

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I purchased from camera ready cosmetics on a whim with my fingers crossed that I would choose the proper shade. I have golden beige/tanned skin. Mediterranean olive complexion.
I opted for the Eurasia Japonais being that its a medium beige with yellow golden undertone. It blends perfectly and lasts all day. So highly pigmented, a small dab of the brush will cover the entire face. Buildable coverage if you want full coverage. I like more sheer to medium coverage.
I also decided to buy Eurasia Fair because its a tad darker.more medium beige without the gold undertone. In the summer, I may have to buy Eurasia Chinois which is the darkest asian type shade.
I apply with brush when in a rush, beauty blender sponge when I have more time (best method). The coverage is creamy but not heavy. Has not broken me out. It's best set with banana Powdr

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I have medium beige/golden olive skin so its very difficult to find a true color match foundation. Its either too light, too dark, or too pink. So I opted to order mehron 'eurasia japonais' from cameraready cosmetics.com. The color is my exact match. The formula is oil free and is a creamy consistency. It applies nicely and dries more matte, not dewy- which is better for my oily tzone combination skin. Apply with a beauty blender sponge or brush jt fingers. Anyone who has yellow undertones should buy one of the eurasia series.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No