April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the Colorburst Gloss Balm in "Whimsical" - written under a separate cover elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd actually give this more of a rating of 4.5, but the site doesn't allow for that, so I rounded up because in the end I do absolutely love these lip glosses.
I own four of the Colorburst glosses:

Papaya - A pink-orange-coral colour. The name is perfect for the shade. It has a slight shimmer in it, but it disappears once applied on the lips.

Bordeaux - A beautiful, almost-opaque deep wine colour with a hint of gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't obvious on the lips, and is only really seen upon close inspection. I love to wear this over Avon's Beyond Color lipstick in Divine Wine, which is a similar shade with a similar gold shimmer. They look beautiful together.

Fire - An intense, blue-based red. No shimmer whatsoever. COMPLETELY OPAQUE. This shade is just such a BAM! colour. I'm amazed every time I put it on.

Strawberry - A medium-strawberry pink with shimmer. The shimmer's most obvious in this one, which some may not like, but I think it adds to the summery-girly factor.

The colorburst glosses are a thick, sticky formula, but don't feel gloopy on the lips. The lighter shades last a couple of hours before requiring reapplication, but the darker ones - namely Bordeaux and Fire - last about an hour longer AND leave a stain on my lips. These are SO PIGMENTED. I have very pigmented lips and all of these completely transform my lip colour.

The packaging is beautiful. Tall, sleek, very high-end looking. I like being able to pull this out of my purse in public. :)

The wand is where this stuff loses the half-point. It's a sort of flexible, flattened doe-foot applicator. It picks up a perfect amount of product for my lips, which is a plus. It's meant to "hug" your lips for easy application, but it just tends to make a mess. I find myself having to carefully "paint" the lipgloss on (taking full advantage of the flexibility of the wand), which can be awkward. So it takes a little longer to apply these than I would like, especially given the pigmentation of the glosses. I'd much prefer a brush applicator.

STILL, one of my absolute favourite lip glosses. I'm sure I'll end up buying more shade in the near future. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Revlon Colourburst lipgloss is my all time favourite lipgloss. I love the packaging and the lip applicator is very easy to use. The colours are fantastic, I have three of them so far and I definitely will buy more.
Compared to other lipglosses I have tried, these aren't sticky and last a fairly long time. The only downside is probably the fact Colourburst have no smell. Overall, an excellent and purse-friendly lipgloss range that I highly recommend!

Pros: Fantastic colours, long-lasting, non sticky, good price

Cons: It would have been nice if these lipglosses had a fruity taste/smell but thats just my personal preference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have only one Revlon colorburst, in the shade 'Crystal Water', which is basically a clear gloss with and purple/pink/indigo shimmer to it. I should probably try more of these glosses before making a final judgment, however trying this one makes me a little reluctant to do so. Whilst I do like this gloss, I am not a big lover or user of lipgloss because I find they are sticky, drying and do not last very long when compared to a lipstick. This lipgloss is of course no different, it is sticky and doesn't last very long. However, when used as a top coat after lip liner and lip stick it definitely gives the edge to my lips. It makes them look fuller and adds a nice pop of shine to the lip stick, which I find I sometimes prefer to completely matte lips. I would probably buy this again, and maybe a few of the other shades, but at the same time I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. This is just a nice product, and a little on the expensive side for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The only other lipgloss I have used and loved was Clinique's so I'll be comparing my experience with it to this one.

The packaging wins a lot of points from me. The wand is pretty sturdy and the firm brush itself glides onto my lips smoothly. The formula is also not as sticky as Clinique's (that is, I could get my hair out without an issue) and I really like how pigmented it is.

The shade I have is Rosepearl, which is a shiny pink shade. However, because of my already pigmented lips, without concealer, the shade gives me a MLBB sheen. No complaints though because I reach for this lipgloss whenever I need some color to my face.

Oh, and I'm not kidding about the vibrance of the shade. Even after I blot the shine off, there is still color (yet very faint, in my case) so it definitely lasts for a while.

I will most certainly repurchase this product but a darker shade, most probably.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Senggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've used this lip gloss for a few month and i like it.. i like the texture coz i'm usually not fit with lip gloss and more fit if i'm using matte lipstick.. and this is my 1st lipgloss that very fit for me.. it's not too thick and give sparkling effect that not too much in my lips and makes my lip look sexy.. this lip gloss is durable on my lips too (except if i'm eat) and it's not too expensive than other brand with same quality.. but there's 2 thing that i don't like with this lip gloss.. it's too sticky (maybe that's what makes the lip gloss durable.. and it smells lil bit weird.. i would be more happy if Revlon give some flavor on this lipgloss.. but that's 2 thing not too bother me, so i'll repurchase.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Orchid. The gloss is smooth, pigmented and fairly long wearing. Love the colour, it`s a pink/lilac on my lips, looks great with my fair cool toned skin. Great shine, not much smell or taste. I plan on getting more colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sbt1218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip gloss! I found the perfect shade for me and the price is extremely affordable for revlon! My only complaint is the weird brush. The handle was too long and the sponge applicator was weak so it was hard to gain control over it. Other than that- amazing product! Would most certainly buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by doxiedarling

Just bought this in Decadent at the chemist for $5 which is a fantastic price for such a good lipgloss! Packs a gorgeous punch of colour, no strong smell, and decent lasting power. The flexible brush makes it easy to apply as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Peony, which is a pinky, coraly, peachy shade. I really like this gloss and color! It's not too sticky, the color payoff is good, there is no scent, I love the classy tube, I love everything about this gloss :) It seems to leave a slight tingle on my lips which I find pleasant. They're a little bit pricey, but I would buy it again, you get a good amount of gloss.