Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 4/14/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product after running out of my Makeup forever matte velvet foundation and I am so glad I did. I have combination oily/dry skin that is sensitive to many products. This product does not cause breakouts on me. I live in humid south Texas and this always last throughout my day without having to reapply! The price is fantastic and I absolutely love this foundation more than Makeup forevers Matte Velvet.

on 4/11/2015 6:16:00 PM

I am so impressed with this foundation! Estée Lauder double wear has always been my HG, from a young age being introduced to makeup I've indulged in high end products. However being older now, bills to pay etc I wanted a cheaper foundation for everyday use. After investigating dupes and some disasters (looking at you revlon photo ready) I discovered this gem! Looks flawless. Had a bit of wear off my nose after 4 hours but I Always get that, even eventually with El. I am so impressed with this foundation!

on 4/9/2015 4:24:00 AM

The big debate..colorstay or doublewear? ! I've used both extensively..I don't like colorstay combination skin it makes my pores look huge even though I don't normally suffer that! The dry skin colorstay has great shade match and their ivory perfectly matches my v fair skin..However it's not as long lasting or as good coverage as doublewear. .lasts well and covers good and it's cheaper but doublewear wins for me except on shade match

on 3/31/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new favorite foundation! I bought the combo/oily kind for my oily skin and it stays the longest any foundation has ever stayed on my skin. I just set it with some powder and I'm good for the rest of the day. Also it looks super natural but still has great coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Even though I do like this foundation, I do think that its overrated. I only really wear this at school because it does last very long, maybe 5 hours still looking OK. But it is very matte, and hard to blend as it dries quickly. It ends up quite cakey, even though I only use a tiny bit of product with all of my foundations, and it feels heavy on the face. Many people rave about it though, so maybe its just me. However, I would recommend as I did actually go through a phase of being obsessed with it.

on 3/16/2015 1:03:00 AM

After years of searching I have finally found a foundation pale enough for my skin tone that doesn't oxidise after a couple if hours. I initially bought it on that basis alone. To my surprise it gives great coverage, lasts all day and stays matte. I have dry skin on my cheeks and forehead and I'm prone to an oily t zone. I have very sensitive skin, my pores are quite large and I am prone to redness on my cheeks. This foundation is perfect for me. I moisturise first (Elemis marine cream) then use a little primer. Once that's dry I apply this foundation (either with a brush& fingers or my little egg shaped sponge - depending on coverage I want) I finish with a light sweep of translucent powder. The results are amazing. My skin looks like it did when I was 19 and didn't need to wear any foundation to look good. I'm now I'm my early 30's and can honestly say I feel like I look 10 years younger with this foundation on. My only grumble is the lack of pump on the bottle. When it's new it pours out fast and it's easy to get too much out causing waste. When it's running out it requires a really good shake to get any product out, but I suppose I do get to use up more of the product at the end than a pump bottle as leaving it upside down overnight gets out the very last drops. Overall very happy. I just hope the good results last.

this makeup sat on top pimples making them stick out more and sunk into any creases. basically any imperfection was dramatized. The color was also patchy. ..felt like a mask

on 3/11/2015 4:05:00 PM

Pros - Full coverage ,Matte , Last around 8 hours, Great for covering redness and pimples. Cons- If its not applied properly it can cake up super easily, shade might oxidate into a pinkish undertone , really heavy, you can really feel it. I used this foundation on a everyday basis which is probably not too good for my skin..I use it to cover my cystic acne. It covers the redness and even out my skin tone. Its really heavy. The best way to apply in my opinion is with a beauty blender and since it can get in the poors I really really recommend applying a layer of the STAY MATTE Powder by Rimmel hands down.best powder. It does it job and it looks pretty good . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR BEGINNERS you need many techniques to make this foundation work and look good! overall good product ! ♡

on 3/11/2015 3:02:00 AM

I absolutely hated this foundation. It was WAY too cakey on my face. Like I barely put any on my skin, yet it was SO visible and just looked so gross. It even felt gross. This makeup is OBVIOUSLY not for girls who like a more natural look. Made me feel cheap honestly. I happily returned it though (:

on 2/27/2015 6:40:00 PM

After getting shade matches wrong at two different beauty counters, I decided to go buy some stinking drugstore foundation myself, and I am in love. First, the shade actually matches my skin, (NW 20, and i bought the third lightest shade.) it literally stays in place all day. I have very oily skin and I blot maybe once a day around 3:00 or 4:00 pm after the initial application at 7:00 am. It covers like a dream! Unless I have a particularly troublesome blemish, I skip concealer altogether. I will definitely repurchase this!