December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Rhianos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find it very tough to find foundation light enough for my milk-bottle complexion so I was delighted to be introduced to Revlon Colour-stay. It's lightest shade is too light for the summer, even for me! For a drugstore product, I found it to be slightly pricey, at €18, but worth almost every penny. It's only significant flaw is the packaging- this is 2014, please do no tell us that the addition of a simple pump or presses is too difficult a task. The packaging also means that a lot of product gets wasted at the end! But I'm very willing to live with this, given that it gives my awkward teenage skin a flawless finish. A little goes a long way with this foundation, I use a stippling brush to blend it into the skin and from that point on it really does not budge. I use a powder over it to protect myself from an "oil spill", but I would see no need in using it to seal the foundation, it really will stay put. It never oxidises, doesn't highlight my pores (unlike MAC studio fix fluid!), and gives a doll-faced, matte finish. If you don't like that almost canvas-like matte finish, the colourstay does blend really well with shimmery highlighters and illuminators, so the matte finish is only an option. My makeup breakthrough of the year.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Buttdiddy

I heard so many positive reviews on this foundation so I decided to try it. I wanted to love this foundation too but I just can't. I have acne prone, oily skin so I decided to buy the combo/oily skin one. The actual foundation glides on so smooth and beautifully and leaves you with such a pretty satin like finish. And that's probably why everyone raves about it. But it just didn't work well with my skin type. It didn't help with oil control at all, I had to touch up about every 2 hours. And I even used primer, set it with powder, and a setting spray but my oil just kept peeking through. And I don't even have VERY oily skin either. It also started to break me out which was the deal breaker and I haven't used it since. I do recommend this for people with normal skin though, maybe even dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by geminieyez

The only foundation I use...love it! 😊

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by tprosser3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG. The only thing that sucks is the color selection. I'm pretty pale, but the lightest shade is a tad too orange. But it doesn't aggravate my acne prone/sensitive/oily skin and lasts all day... Can beat full coverage and all day wear (with powder of course)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjh123

My favorite foundation. I have combination skin. My skin is acne-prone, blotchy looking, and some dark spots. This is the best coverage foundation I have found in the drugstore. The color range is also amazing, I have very light skin so most products I have to use the lightest shade (and even that is sometimes to dark) with color stay, I can use Buff (the second lightest) and it is a perfect match! Not too yellow not too pink! It's perfect neutralizer for my red blotchy skin. The staying power is also amazing! Hardly any need for retouch, only if going out later in evening I will need a little touch up, but this stuff never gets oily on me. Another thing, it is one of the only foundations that doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin! Highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Amaljwd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! Good coverage. Doesn't cause skin to become oily throughout the day. Best drug store foundation I have found so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Vicc9779

Absolutely LOVE this foundation. Although the colour range sucks! All of the colors are way too pink! However it does provide great coverage and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by jessalynwhite

I have very pesky skin and not many foundations seem to work for me but this one does not leave my skin feeling cakey or oily and gives it a nice glow. It stays on throughout the day and provides medium coverage but it is buildable to full coverage. I love this foundation and they have a wide range of colours so it's not difficult to find one that matches your skin tone. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a drugstore foundation that works!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Beachhead

I heard so many great things about this product so I decided to buy it and try it out, which was a mistake. The price was almost $11, which isn't that bad, but because of the quality I got from it I'm pretty upset. I put it on and it barely covered anything, looked cakey, and after only wearing it for TWO HOURS all the spots that I did manage to cover started peaking through. I bought the combination/oily skin, I'm not sure if the dry skin one is any better or not. but I am sure that I won't buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by rach3al

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. It's not my HG foundation though. For me it does really control the oil around my nose and it broke me out once. However I love the matte finish and the way it feels on your skin after it sets it feels like your own skin. And it doesn't transfer. And also it's sometime a pain in the butt to wash off.