September 3, 2014 | 1320 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - Hydrating

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Delmy03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very disappointed about this eye makeup remover by neutrogena. It did not remove my waterproof mascara, not even regular mascara. It is not gently on the eye area. You really have to work it out to make it work. Not good for the delicate eye area. Also, it made me feel a burning, tingly sensation after using it. Not cool!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. Very gentle, NO BURNING EYES! Actually I use this product on my entire face. After applying a small amount to my face, including the eye area, I follow with a warm, wet washcloth. I've found this to be very efficient in removing almost all makeup. Sometimes I do have to follow-up with another quick swipe of remover for the eyes, usually using Clinique Take The Day Off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Doodlebug95758

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did not remove a light coat of waterproof mascara and left residue on my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing. I'd been using cold cream, which worked wonderfully, but thought it might be nice to try something that wouldn't leave a residue. Well. It didn't work as well as the cold cream and left a residue anyway. Worse, i'd been wondering why my undereye areas were so parched looking and so stubbornly refusing to soften with eye creams that usually worked. Then I realized that the problem had started when I began using this. Back to cold cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This, in my opinion, is trying to be a dupe of MakeUpForever's Sens'Eyes Makeup Remover. It doesn't hit the mark though. It is very effective at removing eye makeup but was beyond irritating to my eyes. I woke up with a rash on my eyelids and undereye area the day after using this. Sensitive Sallys beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by ttheak

this is my second time buying this product so I really do like it. I find that the lotion is gentle on my eyes without feeling greasy of oily. it takes off pretty much all my eye makeup but not completely the waterproof mascara. i don't mind that too much though cus it does a good job overall. would purchase again unless I find something that's as gentle and foolproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kimchas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like to use this. It did not burn my eye at all even I was using it to clean my inner eyeliner. it took a bit time and product to completely clean the mascara but it is fine with me with its price range. It hydrate and did not irritate my eye. I will definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. This is a translucent white, fragrance free lotion in a hygienic squeeze tube that effectively removes all eye and face mu without irritating my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin (and rosacea, yes, I have every problem under the sun). It left my skin feeling soft, comfortable and hydrated w/o any greasy or suffocating feeling, and did an excellent job of lifting and dissolving all mu (2-3 coats of L'Oreal Voluminous, non-waterproof), ColorStay eyeliner, eyeshadow, ss, and foundation).

It gave me the slight watery/cooling feeling one gets w/ a cold cream, but there is def. no annoying or irritating menthol or anything like that, and no oiliness. In other words, more of a cold cream feeling than an Albolene or MO feeling, but w/o oil (cold cream is an oil in water emulsion, or water in oil, can't remember which, and the water gives it a slight cooling sensation, hence the name "cold cream"). Another plus: no icky jar you have to keep sticking your fingers into.

I squeeze out about a dime sized dollop, smear all over my face, rub around on the lashes, then tissue off all eye and face mu. You do need to rub your lashes to work the product in and dissolve the mu, but using very little effort and no pressure. The product has a high "slip factor," so it's more like you're gliding your fingers around and "mixing." If I'm feeling lazy I have just skipped right to a toner w/o also washing my face w/ a cleanser, and I had no problems. I've also used this to remove mu, then just splashed my face w/ warm water and toweled dry. That worked fine too, except that I'm so oily I prefer to use some kind of cleanser as well most days. You could even use this as a lotion cleanser if you don't wear mu.

This does contain the now-ubiquitous cyclopentasiloxane, which doesn't agree w/ some people's skin, but my skin seems fine w/ it. Price is a little high for 3 oz. ($6.97 at Walmart), but surprisingly I don't need to use a lot. Overall, I think Neutrogena got it 100% right with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Review based on one coat of regular (not waterproof) mascara, long-wearing eyeliner on top lid only, primer, and eye shadow (day/office-appropriate look).

This product removes eye shadow without too much effort. However, it is not very effective with mascara and eyeliner. It takes 2 or 3 applications and those products are still not gone. This would be a nightmare with heavy eye makeup. I have not tried it with waterproof mascara.

Unlike others, I didn't have any issues with it stinging and it doesn't leave much of an oily residue.

There are much better products on the market at all price points, including the Neutrogena Oil-Free liquid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this EMU to as an alternative to liquid EMUs. This one has a barely noticeable scent which is clean but not soapy smelling. The lotion"s creaminess is not too light and not too thick. It does a good job of getting almost all of my eye makeup off (I do not use waterproof mascara). It feels soothing and moisturizing, which I like; but I'd prefer that it remove ALL the eye makeup. It's not as good as Bioderma Crealine or the Lancome Eau Fraiche Doucer Micellar Cleansing Water, but it does a decent job. I like the flip top cap and squeezable plastic tube so I can get most of the product out.