February 28, 2015 | 1891 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2015 7:54:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a tough one for me. It doesn't particularly 'set' my make up but it does make it last a little longer. I usually use it to soften up a powdery face.
Does not break me out, but smells like rotten bananas.

the spray is definitely too much, so i spray it on a brush and pat it onto my face.
price point for $3 i would buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2015 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshi001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does it mist? of course it does. Does it set? Nope it's kinda like spraying scented water on your face. It actually made my makeup worse. Within 30 minutes of application my face was a mess. Only consolation is the price its super cheap. It doesn't smell bad it Doesn't smell great either. The packaging is okay I guess, it's small and easy to throw in the bag the cap stays on too. Its just a glorified bottle of water really.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2015 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good inexpensive spray. For me it doesn't increase the longevity of my foundation, but it does take that powdery look away. I use Revlon Colorstay so I'm not looking for a setting spray to increase the longevity of my foundation. I just wanted a spray that would give a more natural finish. That's what the E.L.F spray does. The mist isn't as fine as I would like it to be compared to other sprays. For $3 it's worth it in my opinion though. It doesn't break me out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

But please- spray it BEFORE u apply mascara and eyeliner- it WILL run. Lesson learned the hard way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sammywold

Great stuff! Makes my makeup last longer and works the same as the Urban decay one. It doesn't feel quite as good going on and it takes a little longer to dry but it has the same effect and is WAY cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2015 1:08:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know how some guys are great on paper, but meh in real life and then others surprise you by exceeding all your expectations. Well this spray is like the latter kind of guy. Absolutely stinks as a setting spray but is an HG, work horse multi-tasker I have bought many many times over.

Pros:
- amazing for dampening makeup brushes & much better than water - shadow is more vibrant, shadow also becomes budge proof liner for those with oily kids, powder foundation can be applied with more coverage and staying powder & thick concealers sheer down a bit and resists creasing
- lightly hydrating - I bring this with me when flying - so amazing and refreshing for skin
- sprayed on a qtip - is great at cleaning makeup mistakes
- It will take the powdery look off skin in a pinch (ideally decant to better bottle)
- Small, compact - good for on the go
- $3 people !!!
Cons:
- It's like heavy rain, not a mist, making it terrible as a setting spray

So take a risk. What this spray lacks on paper, it more than makes up for in other, great ways

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2015 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ELF Mist and Set Spray...no thanks.

After foundation and powder, I use this to get rid of the "powdery" look. The droplets are bigger than what I want, but the scent is what ruins it for me. I don't know if I have a bad batch or not, but it smells like...well...p$#p or stinky cheese. really.

I haven't tried a high-end spray, but I bet ELF works just the same. If it didn't have an odor--or if it smelled good--I would repurchase. sad

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2015 11:33:00 PM More reviews by chalaynay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favorite setting spray! I've used a few sprays to set my makeup and this is the overall best & for $3 you can't beat it. My makeup lasts all day with this. I can spray it before application as a primer and/or after to set. I also use this with my beauty blender and my highlighters to give them more pigment. Great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2015 11:39:00 AM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybe I'm not the makeup "sage" that I thought I was because I was completely baffled by this "spray". For the most part, my makeup doesn't "fade", with the exception of a shiny nose by the end of the day. This is probably why I was underwhelmed by this product. I only bought it because it was half off and I was curious.

The first time I sprayed this, my mascara started to run! :-( Is this supposed to happen, makeup gurus?? Or am I supposed to spray this BEFORE mascara??? This spray and me has already gotten off to a rocky start! Grrrr!

People were complaining about the smell, but it was barely noticable to me. *shrugs*

So back to the spray. After trying it a second time BEFORE the mascara, the only thing that I noticed was that it changed my look from matte to dewy. Not bad, if I were in "dewy" mood but whatever. After an 8 hour day, I came home to look in the mirror and frankly I didn't really see much of a difference, there was still plenty of color on my face, but my nose wasn't shiny, I guess that's a win.
I any case, this spray isn't a total fail. I think I'll try this before going out at night. Maybe this will give met the added boost to get through a night a dancing. I guess if you're like me and never tried a "setting" spray and are mildly curious, give this stuff a go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2015 5:03:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I love it because it is refreshing and it doesn't contain alcohol. This is actually my second makeup setting spray and I think I found the perfect one. The first one I tried was the new L'Oreal one but that broke me out and dried up my skin. This E.L.F one has minimal ingredients that are soothing to the skin. It doesn't prevent me from getting oily but it does keep my skin feeling fresh when I spruce it up with this throughout the day. Also, it does set my makeup nicely. The only think I don't like about this is the bottle itself. The nozzle isn't high quality and can come out a bit heavy. I hold the bottle above my head and look up. I spray two sprays in the air and push my face up into the mist. This is the only way to avoid getting my face soaked.