October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyjune10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This will have a permanent spot in my makeup bag! First off I have night mareish oily skin. I watch a makeup tutorial where the girl sprayed this on before she used her primer. It very much helped with the absorption of oil. You let it dry completely and then proceed with your normal face routine. afterwards, spray it and set your makeup. love this. thanks ELF

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

I love this spray! I used the UD spray before I switched to this. Honestly, this is the same. It keeps my makeup in place. The reason I bought this is because, I don't like using powder. It gives my face makeup the powdery look and this gets rid of it. That is all for this review basically. It keeps my makeup in place, and it takes away the powdery look.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

I have a fairly oily tzone and this didn't do much for me. Still had to blot my face a couple of hours later. Also after using this for a couple of days I got zits where I never get them, top of my cheeks and under my eye. Stopped using this and no more zits!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This is one of the only facial sprays I've tried as I wear false lashes and have found spraying things on my face during the day only weakens the lash glue and they start to come off. In Australia this is AUD$8 a bottle and I've found that for the price you can get a lot better sprays around. It doesn't really do much except feel nice and refreshing on the face. I haven't found it to keep my makeup on longer but it does take the cakiness away.

I have found that using this too often did cause my skin to break out in a rash so I'm not sure if there is a irritant in the ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This must have been reformulated because the old kind smelled horrible. Like I was misting myself with toxic waste. Now I love this stuff. In the morning after I moisturize I spritz a bit of this on my face and it sucks up the oil without drying me out. Then I apply my makeup and do an additional spritz on top. I only have to blot my T zone in an eight hour work day. For $3 this stuff works amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Lorreid

$3 is still $3... I was shocked that this setting spray did an okaaay job for the price. I'm rather oily and I do see a difference when I use this, honestly anyone would - the consistency is sticky as it should be for normal 'dewy' , slightly natural finishes.

For all you heavy foundation users, this spray is far from 'matte' ...
It will help neutralize a powdery finish; however DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY TO FACE. As recommended, spray a few sprits and push your face into the mist.

Do allow a good 5 minutes for this to settle. Not effective for touch ups during the day.
** I am dark, medium with yellow undertones - a co worker of mine uses this and is combo/dry, porcelain with neautral undertones, we get the same effect of this spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DO NOT spray this directly at your face. I don't know why someone would. Spray it in the air and walk into it with your face.

When I got this in the mail, it had leaked a little bit and the bottle was all sticky. Despite that (eww why would I want to put something sticky on my FACE?), when I actually used this for the first time, it did not make my skin feel sticky at all. It felt refreshing and did take away some of that powdery finish.

However, I don't feel like it improves the longevity of my makeup at all. Honestly, I don't even really notice a difference in my makeup between the days I choose to use it and the days I don't.

Overall, I like it, but it's certainly not a rave product. It's okay, it's cheap, and it doesn't irritate skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As someone who suffers for chronic dry sensitive skin, this is a life saver. The winter months are so hard on my face it's unbelievable, couple that with my eczema and dermatitis, it's almost as if my whole face is chapped. Doesn't that sound lovely !? Nothing can completely take it all away, but the summer months my skin is fine and yr round it looks fine with no makeup. But..... I love to wear makeup! Makeup + dry skin = bad results.
I bought this product solely to calm my skin and take away any powdery finish I may have to achieve a more natural look. Elfs mist and set is my best friend in the whole wide world,I love it thiiiiiiissss muuuuuuch.
It's cooling to the skin, soothes any discomfort such as tightness dryness stickiness and melds all makeup together to form a natural cohesive look. B.i.n.g.o and bingo was his name oh.
Not matte, not dewy, juuust right.
I have no problems with the packaging or the mist itself, it not a super fine mist, but as long as you hold it far enough away you will be just fine,I promise.
I find it actually does extend wear time a tad and the makeup isn't doing any disappearing acts.
$3 is a steal I will repurchase until....always. Perfect for hot summer time heat as well !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Annabanana030

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it during indoor so it worked. My makeup(concealer,blush...) did not wear off like it use to do. Makes them last 3-4more hour. I don't smell anything... Only complain is that it spray too much(not unevenly tho)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is meant to set your face makeup so it lasts all day long. Would i say it does that specific job? Ehh....I would have to say no.

HOWEVER, this is amazing for just spritzing your eyeshadow brushes so you can use the shadows wet. I like using it this way because the bottle is just perfect, it sprays just the right amount and I have never had it mess up on me.

When used all over the face, I don't find this effective. Fix+ takes away cakiness, this does not. Ben Nye final seal makes your makeup stay on all day long, this does not. Compared to other brands, this is very sub par when it comes to using all over the face. This is disappointing, because that is really what this product is meant to do.

I would not repurchase, simply because I will continue to put water in the bottle to spritz my brushes with. I am glad I purchased though, as the bottle really is good for what I use it for.