August 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Annabanana030

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it during indoor so it worked. My makeup(concealer,blush...) did not wear off like it use to do. Makes them last 3-4more hour. I don't smell anything... Only complain is that it spray too much(not unevenly tho)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is meant to set your face makeup so it lasts all day long. Would i say it does that specific job? Ehh....I would have to say no.

HOWEVER, this is amazing for just spritzing your eyeshadow brushes so you can use the shadows wet. I like using it this way because the bottle is just perfect, it sprays just the right amount and I have never had it mess up on me.

When used all over the face, I don't find this effective. Fix+ takes away cakiness, this does not. Ben Nye final seal makes your makeup stay on all day long, this does not. Compared to other brands, this is very sub par when it comes to using all over the face. This is disappointing, because that is really what this product is meant to do.

I would not repurchase, simply because I will continue to put water in the bottle to spritz my brushes with. I am glad I purchased though, as the bottle really is good for what I use it for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There really isn't an awful lot I can add. This little bottle of ELF-y goodness does exactly what it says on the instructions.

I spray once during the day and maybe once more during the evening.

And it doesn't leave you sticky - that's so important.

So ultimately yes, I'll buy again and yes, I'll recommend it till the cows come home.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad that this product didn't send me to hospital but.....I can say that it's a decent spray for three dollars. A lot of people are complaining but what do you expect out of a three dollars spray. And even if it was more expensive I honestly think that it's a good setting spray. The packaging of the product come a small nice plastic black spray bottle with a cap. It states on the bottle that some of the ingredients are cucumbers and aloe I think...( I'm not in front of the bottle). I was wearing Mac studio fix fluid foundation today with a fergies wet n wild collection translucent powder. It was 97 degrees ( and humid) here in Texas. So I decided to try out for the first time the elf set n mist. I sprayed the spray three times to the side instead of spraying directly on my face. Once I was sure that the spray bottle worked I decided to lightly spray my face holding the bottle several inches from my face. I sprayed about four times. My face was not soaked. I noticed that the product actually dried really fast leaving no streaks. Mac studio fix fluid melts off the face with in 5 hours in humid heat. This time my foundation lasted 8 hours in the heat. I had a lot of errands to do today running around with five kids grocery shopping and everything. Sweating and everything ( gross... : ( ) uh...you get the point. Anyway, I still looked good if even better. Even a lady complimented me on my makeup today. I was only wearing foundation mascara the powder and lipstick. She Said my face was smooth and glowing. Now , I've worn this foundation plenty of times and it never looked as good as it did today. It was this spray. It really brightens and lifts the face. Now, if you spray to much of it you will feel very tight and sticky. So don't do that. I was so fascinated with this spray that I decided to spray the hell out of my face to see what happened. And it felt sticky like I had a plastic mask on. The finish is beautiful. Also it take away that old lady powder face. It really weird because my Mac fix plus couldn't fully take away the powder look I'll say it took away 80 percent. This powder took away 100 percent of the powder look. I have ud all niter and Mac studio fix and now the elf. The ud makes your makeup stay and look like skin again but it's to darn expensive. I can use my forty dollars for something else like more makeup.lol but the ud do work. Mac studio fix was my favorite for two reasons because it was my first finishing spray I ever used and because I haven't yet discovered the ud all niter. Also I tried nyx setting sprays. They was so bad that I have no comment. Long story this elf spray is really good and for three bucks. I'll keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Rocoloco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does work pretty well for me and my makeup lasts longer than it would if I didn't use this product. Nothing to rave about. There are a lot of complaints about the spray nozzle but mine works perfectly fine. I would not repurchase only because it is not available where I live and I do not love this product enough to ship it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by runningwithbrushes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can't really comment on this comparing it to other setting sprays. This is the first time I've used one. However, this is $3 and it really does the job of keeping my makeup in place and reducing shininess! What more can I ask. I have a hard time imagining that I will be buying something higher end when this works so well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite setting spray as it helps get rid of any powdery finish, helps my make-up stay on longer, cools my face and doesn't irritate my somewhat sensitive skin. It's also very portable so great for your make-up bag. If you find it soaks your face you need to spray the air in front of your face then walk into the mist - no soaking involved.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I've had this product for a while now and originally I purchased it to help set my makeup and use with the hd setting powder from E.L.F. I used it a few times to "set" my makeup but I didn't notice an overall big difference in how long my makeup stayed looking good.

The mist isn't very misting at all. It sprays out sort of heavy and dampens my face quite a bit. It also gets all over my hair and clothing if I wait to spray. It has no smell which is a perk for me since I'm not one to spray something overly scented all over my face.

I currently use this for when I have some dryness and need a quick quench of hydration for my skin. I really don't think I would repurchase this, but you never know it could be nice to keep in a pool bag for a refresher spray when you're out in the sun. Glad I didn't waste anymore than $6 on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by annades

Ugh, so not a fan of this product, not only does the sprayer not finely mist on your face, but once I started thinking about it I got freaked out that I have no clue what's actually in here and it's made in a Chinese factory and i'm inhaling it and some of it is landing on my lips. Get your hands on American made products, ladies. Our health isnt worth the risk!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for this product for MONTHS after seeing so many good reviews. A lot of people like to compare it to the Urban Decay setting spray, but it honestly doesn't compare at all. With the UD setting spray, I can go out in this Florida heat and jump around at festivals and have my makeup stay in tact throughout the day. With the E.L.F. Spray I can't even walk to my car without my makeup already sliding off. And you can also tell the difference when you immediately spray them on your skin. With the UD spray, you can feel a thin film of firmness on your skin. With the E.L.F. its just soaking my makeup. I mean you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay the extra $28 for Urban Decay.