December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I picked up an ELF stipple brush with one of my online order a few years back. My intended purpose for this brush was to stipple power blush. After using it for a few years, I must say it's perfect for my needs.

Since the past few years, I've been doing mostly natural makeup. So I only use very light pink or peach power blush to add some color to my washed out pale face. My old blush brush pack on too much color for my age. The stipple brush is not too stiff, and just soft enough. It picks up just the right amount or blush. With a light hand in gentle stippling action, it takes but a second to do the blush. Never have to worry about the clown look, never have to tone down with power. Since my first stipple, I've purchased a few more so I can rotate them after washing. Great buy at 50% off online.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

Don't like this one at all. Bristles are way too long and my foundations wasn't setting easily, it would have taken forever to get rid of the lines of foundations that were not blending, don't have time for that. The only Elf brush I don't like so far. Should have gotten the other one with shorter bristles, might have worked better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ness321

This brush works okay, but there really are better ones. My real techniques expert face brush replaced this in an instant, now it sits in a draw somewhere. I generally like a lot of elf brushes, but this one just didn't seem to work for me. The bristles are too long and not dense enough to provide a nice smooth application. Also, after washing it a few times the handle because rickety and I noticed a lot of shedding (sometimes whilst I was using it on my face). Overall, it's not dreadful, but it's definitely not the best either.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this brush. It's cheap, does the job of applying liquid base make up evenly with a airbrushed finish. One minus point to the fact that it slightly go a bit out of shape after washing. Only $3 for such a functional brush, hurry go grab it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Always used to apply my foundation with my fingers. This brush changed my mind!

Helps foundation look airbrushed and prevents you from looking cakey,

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is absolutely phenomenal, especially for the price! I bought two of these almost a year ago and I love them! They retail at $3 on the ELF website but ELF is always running sales and you can get them even cheaper than that sometimes.

This brush gives a very nice application that never looks cakey. Though you may have to spend a little more time blending to make sure everything looks right, the end result is always worth it. I will always have a few of these in my collection.

If you are wanting to try a stipplng brush, definitely grab this and give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh. I was not impressed with this brush. Though soft, the bristles were too sparse. It did get the job done for my tinted foundation but it was a bit of a chore. I wouldn't recommend this brush for blush either. At least at $1.50 it wasn't a complete loss. I just wouldn't bother buying it because it will probably just collect dust.

Buy that flat top powder brush instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love elf studio brushes, but this is the only one that for me doesnīt make sense. Bristles are too sparse and long, so tīs hard to have a precise aplication... not good for liquid Foundation imo. I would recommend elf studio powder brush or real techniques buffing brush instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the stars of the Studio line. Like most of the studio line brushes, the quality here is great. No shedding, withstands washing, holds shape over time. This is my favorite stippling brush for applying foundation. The bristles are packed at exactly the right density so that both stippling and blending out are quick and easy. Not too floppy, not too dense, just right. I even prefer this over more expensive stippling brushes I own. My only issue is that after a few months the base where the hairs attach came loose from the handle. I'm assuming it was not glued down properly. This was disappointing since I am very careful about properly washing brushes and nothing like this has happened to any of my brushes before or since. But at this price, repurchasing is not a problem and I don't feel too bothered by it. It's a definite must have in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG brush, I have like 3 of this in my kit. Out of every expensive or cheap brushes that I own, this is the best. It's so cheap, look expensive though. Work best with foundation, BB cream, CC cream, cream blush. It blending beautifully. I would repurchase it again and again and again, and you should to, it's a MUST. Life saver