Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 6/18/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't do anything for me. I used only Paula's Choice Resist line for 6 months. It just dried out my skin even more and made it look so dull. The items I used were: Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA. Resist Cellular Day Moisturizer with spf 25, Resist Non-Greasy Moisturizer, Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol serum, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA, Resist c15 super booster, Resist Toner, Resist Cleanser, Resist Foundation, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. With all of this, I not only saw no results, my skin looked worse. I like to enjoy my skincare. That is huge for me. These products bored me. I ended up throwing what wasn't used up in the garbage after giving it a good 6 months. In summary, they were so boring and ineffective. Fortunately, I am using new products now that have made a huge difference. I am enjoying my skincare routine again!

on 6/1/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff really works. It exfoliates my skin without having to scrub and irritate it which gets my skin all inflamed and causes acne. It does make my dry skin a bit drier though, but it's worth it.

Update: I found another night treatment I like better from Amazonia called potent cell renewal which make my skin way better without making it drier.

on 5/4/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This comes in a small toner bottle. I didn't get much for my money. Tried it last night for the first time. I applied it after cleansing and I woke up this morning with bright glowing skin. I'm 58 and I don't get results like that much anymore so you could have blown me over with a feather! I will certainly keep up with this product. I do wish you would get more in the bottle but I had no irritation and I have seriously sensitive rosacea skin. I have tried all of her BHAs and old AHA products but this blows all of those away!

on 4/27/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. This exfoliates my skin effectively, removing all the flaking and dullness without any irritation. I use this once a week in combination with the Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. My skin has taken on a glow since I started using this. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

on 4/2/2015 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for a couple of months and I am very happy with its performance. I use it twice a week at night under a serum and a moisturiser (I apply it with my fingers, because I don't like wasting product). It does make a difference to the appearance of my skin. I've noticed that my skin is clearer and more even and my pores are smaller than they usually are. I am probably not supposed to, but I also use it to make zits smaller. I put some of this product on them and they shrink overnight. It works brilliantly.

My skin is sometimes sensitive to products, but not to this one. That said, my skin sometimes itch a little an hour or so after application, but doesn't seem to irritate my skin in any other way.

on 2/13/2015 5:46:00 PM

I have been using this weekly treatment (several times a week) for over a year now and I love it. I have mature skin with sun damage, but it is not sensitive and never reacts to glycolics or retinols so I can't comment on how sensitive skin may react to it.

The product is extremely easy to use. I don't apply it with my fingertips as I find it just too difficult as it is watery so I pop a bit onto a cotton pad and wipe it over my skin just like a toner. I don't moisturise afterwards as I find it is more effective for me if I don't.

My skin always feels and looks lovely in the morning after allowing this treatment to work its magic overnight. It is very similar to Alpha-H's Liquid Gold (also an amazing product) - but it is a lot cheaper. PC products aren't quite as cheap here in Australia as in the US, but they do compare favourably price-wise with anything on the market of such high quality. I find PC products generally to be state of the art at a great price point.

I've been using it once a week for the past 6 or 7 months and people have told me my skin looks better. I also like how smooth it makes me skin feel so I'm very pleased with this product. I was worried it would cause breakouts or irritation but my skin likes it! But be careful to not put too much on your face because it will make your skin peel a lot. I use it in the evening and leave it on overnight.

on 10/16/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this to speed up fading of hyperpigmentation from adult acne. I think it would take 2 full bottles of this and many many applications to equal the results I saw with professional peels. But, for minor uneven areas, this is helpful.

Once a week, I leave this on overnight. Once applied, my face feels tacky, but since I'm sleeping - who cares. Initially there was a moderate sting, but after months of use my tolerance has increased.

That being said, there are a lot of 10% glycolic treatments. I settled on this one because of the effective pH and price. Paula's Choice runs coupons often, so I wouldn't buy anything from the site at full price.

on 10/10/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After struggling with the 8% AHA gel, I switched to a combination of the RESIST Daily 5% AHA with this and I am MUCH happier! I'm really happy with my skin texture since I switched to Paula's Choice products. I used to have to wear full coverage foundation for my hyper pigmentation but now I can wear tinted moisturizer!

on 9/17/2014 2:14:00 AM

This is probably the best AHA product I have used so far, and that's due to the formula. It's like water, which I like (the fewer pore-clogging thickeners, the better). I shake out a few drops onto my fingers and apply that way, with very little wasted product.

I use this whenever my skin feels rough -- 2-5x a month. Any more than that and my skin gets too flakey.

Popular Treatments (Face)