October 23, 2014 | 1339 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I find that the mascara is gloppy and clumpy on my lashes, and it can flake and smear a lot if I wear it all day. But for the low price, I find it useful to have an extra one on hand for quick touchups or unexpected mascara needs.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product from elf is horrible! Don't let the price fool you, it's horrible. Well first off, the wand is way too small and there is so much product on it (just clumping and bunching together) and also, a few days after opening, it's dried up! It literally did nothing to my lashes, they still looked the same. I am very disappointed at elf for making such a fail product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KuroshitsujiHannibalSweg

I liked it, and have bought two tubes before. It won't do much if your expectations are high for mascara, but I'm not looking for much. My lashes are already dark, long, and thick. I don't really care much about how lengthening or volumizing it is, I only care about it clumping or giving me spider lashes. Especially for the price (a dollar, which says something if you're seriously complaining all about it), it's a pretty good mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by jesicaj

This mascara is pretty good quality for the price. I find that it really extends my lashes to their full length and is easy to apply. The brush can cause it to clump in the bristles, but other than that I really liked this product. You have to make sure to curl your lashes ( you should curl your lashes with ANY mascara, but if you don't then start) Without shaped lashes the mascara doesn't do much. Again, if your looking for a cheap everyday mascara I recommend this one. Just don't rely on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I like a lot of ELF products, but this is not for me. I had to spend a long time applying this to get decent length, and even then my lashes were super-spindly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Believe it or not, I actually like e.l.f. Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara. I'm always saying the majority of the line's cosmetics are run-of-the-mill, but this $1 mascara is better than a couple of the big brand mascaras I own. I bought it for $1 at Target, in the shade Black. (There is also Black Brown for those of you who are into lighter colours, but I dislike brown mascara.) My eyelashes are naturally long so I don't care about whether or not they're lengthened; however, this did make them fuller & thicker. I loved the results, especially how black the mascara is. It didn't flake off or look clumpy on my lashes.

I have one complaint: it dried—quickly. I only got a handful of uses out of it. It dried up on me in less than a month! I thought I'd gotten a tube that was old or sitting in the store a long time, but upon reading other reviews, other people say theirs was dry upon OPENING. In only a few weeks, this mascara looked like I'd forgotten about it in my collection & it sat for years. While it is reassuring I personally didn't get a defected product, e.l.f. needs to look into improving the formula. Good product, bad packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For the price- this is pretty incredible. Perfect for basic everyday use.
PROS:
-Insanely inexpensive
-Smudgeproof
-Non-irritant for my sensitive eyes
-Definitely lengthening.
CONS:
-Will not hold a curl.
-If curler is used after application, it will flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I see I'm not the only one who disliked this mascara! I actually liked it the first time I used it; I personally had zero problems with the wand, the formula didn't smell overly strange, my eyes didn't burn or sting after application. Plus, it lengthened and defined my lashes. Winner, right?? Nope. This mascara smudged under my eyes every single time I used it. Yup, I looked like a total raccoon. I have oily skin, so this may be why. For a dollar it's certainly worth a try, unless you have oily skin/eyelids. I'd say look elsewhere if that's the case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am shocked at how much I like this mascara. I have been so disappointed with both HE and DS products and constantly change my product preference. This one is cheap, goes on well, removes *pretty* well, and if it gets thick I don't mind just tossing it for another one. It keeps the curl in my lashes and lasts all day. I usually end up tossing my mascara every two months or so anyway because my eyes are sensitive and get itchy if I keep my mascara too long. I am pretty sure I have never actually used up a tube of any mascara before tossing.

I hate spending a lot of money on makeup that isn't colorful, like blush and eye shadow, so getting cheap mascara is great. It's a basic for me and I will continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this mascara as part of a smoky eye holiday set. Firstly, the packaging is horrible. Half the time when opening the product, the cap comes apart. (If you own this, chances are you know what I'm referring to.) Secondly, while I did like the actual formula, it dried out in under a month. I did feel it actually "lengthened" and "defined". I do not believe this was supposed to be a trial size, and even if it were I think it should have lasted a bit longer than 2-3 weeks! I don't even think I'd purchase again for travel purposes. 90% of the time, you get what you pay for with E.L.F. products. I do love their Studio Collection, though!