E.L.F. Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine, Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for $1.00 at a local grocery store as I ran out of mascara and had to have something! and this was all they had.
While this is not a drama mascara it however applied fantastic and was easy to build. It gave me a nice natural looking length and some volume. I was impressed for a dollar! It also stayed on very well and did not smear or flake.
The one thing that stood out for me with this is how well it defined my lashes! I have lashes a plenty and many mascaras make my lashes stick together or clump. Not this one! My lashes were gorgeously defined and separated.
The tube is not very big so I doubt it holds very much product, but for a $1.00 this was some pretty good stuff and I was impressed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I purchased this mascara at Target simply for a try. I love experimenting with different mascaras in hope to find some loves.

This one is surprisingly great, mostly just when layered with other mascaras. It just creates more volume, a lot more length, and darkness of lashes. Sooo impressed, especially for such a low price.

However, this mascara dries out SO QUICKLY. I used my first tube for about 2 weeks before it completely dried out and became almost unusable when applied. So I bought another one, (maybe I just got a bad tube?) and the same result.

I fixed it some, with a drop of coconut oil in the tube and letting it set for a day. Still quite dry, but curls my lashes well along with another mascara.

I'll continue to purchase this mascara because of how good it is with other mascaras and because of how inexpensive it is. I'll keep experimenting to see if maybe Target just got a bad batch that month haha.

i loved this mascara was dark on my eyelashes

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this mascara. It's the second one that I've got. 😊

The only reason I bought this $1 mascara is because I was traveling and I just needed something cheap for the few days I was traveling. I thought this was going a crappy product, but I was actually wrong. The main problem with this mascara is that it's very messy; when you pull the wand out of the tube, it'll often have clumps of product on the brush, but all you have to do is wipe the excess with a tissue and you're all set. Besides that, this mascara really thickens and lengthens my eyelashes very nicely. By the end of the day I usually find a little bit of smudging, but really not a terrible amount. Honestly, if you're on a budget, don't be afraid to try this out! It's a lot better than I expected. If I'm ever on a tight budget or need an emergency mascara, I'll probably repurchase this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I find that the mascara is gloppy and clumpy on my lashes, and it can flake and smear a lot if I wear it all day. But for the low price, I find it useful to have an extra one on hand for quick touchups or unexpected mascara needs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product from elf is horrible! Don't let the price fool you, it's horrible. Well first off, the wand is way too small and there is so much product on it (just clumping and bunching together) and also, a few days after opening, it's dried up! It literally did nothing to my lashes, they still looked the same. I am very disappointed at elf for making such a fail product.

I liked it, and have bought two tubes before. It won't do much if your expectations are high for mascara, but I'm not looking for much. My lashes are already dark, long, and thick. I don't really care much about how lengthening or volumizing it is, I only care about it clumping or giving me spider lashes. Especially for the price (a dollar, which says something if you're seriously complaining all about it), it's a pretty good mascara.

This mascara is pretty good quality for the price. I find that it really extends my lashes to their full length and is easy to apply. The brush can cause it to clump in the bristles, but other than that I really liked this product. You have to make sure to curl your lashes ( you should curl your lashes with ANY mascara, but if you don't then start) Without shaped lashes the mascara doesn't do much. Again, if your looking for a cheap everyday mascara I recommend this one. Just don't rely on it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of ELF products, but this is not for me. I had to spend a long time applying this to get decent length, and even then my lashes were super-spindly.

Popular Mascaras