September 14, 2014 | 2209 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my under eye concealer. Love it!
No scent, no milia (those tiny white bumps that some products create on my sensitive skin), no clumping or creasing in the lower lid creases. Covers darkness very well!
In my experience, an under eye cream should be used first-or a primer. That gives it the best staying power.
I don't like the high price or the brush applicator. I use 2 clicks and apply to inner ring finger then tap under eye. 1 click might be fine, too.
Lasts about a year for me. I do like the fact that this type of applicator doesn't let air back in hence, its long wear. It doesn't dry out in tube. I use an alcohol wipe occasionally to keep tip/brush clean. Brush doesn't get stiff if cap is snapped on tightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Katie97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product it makes my skin look radiant and my face look structured i also love the design of the pen its so elegant and classy its also such an easy product to use and it doesn't take much room up in my make up bag i swear by this pen i truly adore it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think because this is such a hyped product I expected it to be nothing short of amazing and for me it's not, but it could have been had I not discovered Guerlain Precious Light which I am in love with so much more as the consistency is much finer and the colour in (01) much better suited to my NC15 pale skin. Its probably pretty criminal that 2.5 mls of product from both brands can cost this much as well.

Touche Eclat in (01) Rose is a bit too pink for me but workable, as I don't have very dark under eye circles I tend to use this both as a concealer and high lighter around the eye area. less is definately more with this product, I find a few small dots over the undereye orbital bone is plenty enough and its easily blended in with a small foundation brush or other similar brush. I find this works under or over foundation just fine and as long as you don't use too much it doesn't go cakey and does impart a lighter glow to your skin where applied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

I've tried this product out a couple of times. My friend owns it and swears by it. I really wanted to like it, but this product doesn't seem to apply right on my skin.

I'm not sure if it's the colouring or the consistency that isn't right for me. I feel it could be much creamier and find the consistency quite thick and hard to blend as when I apply it, it does seem to pile up a little bit on my face. I don't notice the difference in colour when I apply to the highlight-zones. I think this could be because I have not been matched the right colour- and maybe should opt for some shades lighter.

I don't think I would use this as a concealer. I've used better ones for the fraction of the price.

My go to undereye concealer is from a german brand called Alverde Naturkosmetik made with natural ingredients and costs about €4. It applies really creamy and like a dream, lasts all day and with a good eye primer barely creases on the lid and if it does you can blend it in again.

A highligher+concealer that it very similar to the touche eclat is Rimmer London's Match Perfection 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter. While the colour range on this could be better it blends better than the Yves for me while still being very similar to the consistency.

I've yet to find a good highlighter that will work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best selling #1 highlight for 20 years for a reason! It's so cool how this product came to be. Apparently models were coming to work with dark circles so Yves wanted something that would paint light onto their skin, and bam Touché Éclat came to be. When used correctly as a highlight this is amazing and nothing compares to it IMHO. I like to use this down my nose, in my smile line area, under the eye but only in the inner eye where you can see the discoloration. I do not do the reverse panda with this! You only need the smallest amount for me 2 clicks work for everywhere I want to highlight.

My favorite places to use this is my lips, eyebrows, inner hollow of the eye, and nose. For me I'm a chronic insomniac and this definitely gives me a well rested look. Thank goodness! I'm very fair NW15-20,N1, Monte Blanc in NARS very cool undertones for reference. This pen is amazing and honestly I have Givenchy Mister Light, the Maybelline one, and a Cargo one and nothing compares to the Touché Éclat. I use this for special occasions and when my eyes look dead etc,.

It is just amazing IMO and it lasts on my skin way longer than the other brands I have tried. Really this is a special product to me and now that I have it, it's worth the splurge every now and then to have this. The packaging is fab I just wish you could see how much product you have. It's very luxe so it is such a beautiful pen to have in a collection. I'm happy I finally gave in because this is a gem! It does what it says and does it well. I couldn't be more satisfied in a highlighter because for me I can see the difference verse other brands. Love this! Highly Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice highlighter. (See comparison with L'oreal Lumi Magique below)
+ Glow-y and light reflective without being shimmery/glittery.
+ Easy to apply
+ Portable
+ Creamy
+ Does not stick on dry patches and is moisturising
+ Luxe packaging
+ Does not become globs on oily skin

- Needs to be cleaned once a week, or the product will go off or get stuck
- Expensive
- Not one shade suits all

Many people give this low rating because it has no coverage, but it is not meant to be! It is a highlighter that is undetectable but is still glowy. It is very easy to blend with finger (I prefer using finger than a brush). It is also very moisturising and it does not stick on my face oil.

I am MAC NC/NW20-25 (fair to light Asian skin with neutral undertone) and this shade works well on me, it is a neutral without looking yellow/pink on me. When I tried this on my friend who is probably NC 44? (She has deep olive skin), this is streaky white on her, no matter how much I blend it, it ended up looking grey. For ladies with deeper skin, I suggest looking for different shade of this highlighter, probably something more golden instead of champagne coloured.

I have a dupe of this, the l'oreal magique. People say that l'oreal made an exact copy of this and there is no need to splurge on this, but I actually found a difference. Despite my skin being oily, underneath the oil, some area on my face are dry and flaky. When I put l'oreal on, it looks okay but when I blend it, it sticks on my patch and leave white ugly residue.

Touche eclat does not do any of that, it is a dream highlighter for dry skin, it does not highlight those patches and actually moisturises it. This is what I think separates Touche Eclat from its competitors, I had tried a few other dupes sample including Maybelline's, this one is still better, it is much glowier without any shimmer, looks really natural and does not highlight my flakes. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by lisa1991

I liked this highlighting pen alot when I first bought it. But after a while I noticed that there are alot of great/cheap alternatives for this highlighting pen. It works great around the eyes; it does the job, but I have found that the MAC prep+ prime, maybelling Instant age rewind and even some other drugstore alternatives work just as well and maybe even better. I would not repurchase because it is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Ciaobella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for years. The key to being happy with this cult classic is finding your right shade. This for me ended up being the 2. I use it under my eyes which many have mentioned do not look tired anymore. I'm tempted to switch to one of the new shades either the 1.5 or the 2.5 but I'm not sure which will work better for me. This is one product that is important to go into the store counter for to find what works best.

The product lasts a very long time. I am buying a new one right now and the place that I purchase from shows the last time I purchased was 12/2012. I use it every day. My only complaint about the packaging is that I can't tell when it's about to run out. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by siruhi

I had to buy this product,because I rememberd when my friends mom used to use this,and it was just amazing what it did to her face.No else product does the same.And it has to be this no.1 shade.It’s the original shade.Back in years,I mean 15 years ago there was no other shades in this Touche Eclat.I think the other colors 1.5 , 2 and so on are not needed.Maybe this no.1 matches to darker skin colors too,I say.Everyone should have Touche Eclat pen,it makes a miracle.I love it,just really love it.And it does a really fine job as a concealer too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose there is a reason why it's such a cult classic. I love the Touche Eclat but the teensy amount just doesn't justify it's ridiculous price tag! It's amazing at brightening areas of the face though. For a better value, try MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Radiant Rose. I've found it's even more brightening than the touche eclat at almost half the price with double the amount!

Also, people should stop mistaking this for a concealer. It's not.

The reason I would not repurchase is there have since been so many more great brands which have come out with their alternatives for the touche eclat—Maybelline, Chanel. Clinique, Dior, L'oreal, Bourjois, Art Deco, Clarins, Bobbi Brown, NARS, The Body Shop, and as mentioned my personal favorite, MAC! :)