October 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Her Name Was Glowla Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I love this palette!! This was one of my first high end makeup purchases and my first Benefit purchase. As soon as I bought this, I fell in love! First off, the packaging is adorable with a picture of a a very glam-looking mrs. Glowla on the front. The products are all packaged in a sturdy cardboard box, which really was a nuisance. The box is too bulky and thick to be carried around easily or to travel with. That is it's only flaw, however. This palette includes the highlighters "high beam" and "moon beam" one being more pinkish and the other more golden. These are fairly decent highlighters, although I prefer powdered highlighters over liquid ones. The Bad Gal lash mascara has been one of my favorites for quite some time, and still is one of my favorites today. This palette was the first chance I had to try it, it comes in a mini size. The lip gloss included "Life on the A list" is the most gorgeous light pink color! I love it and it goes great with the eyeshadows. The shadows are fantastic quality!! They create the perfect gorgeous, natural look. Not too bold, but they really bring out my brown eyes and make them pop. The blush is my favorite thing in the entire kit! The brush included for the blush is actually amazing and I always use it when applying the blush. The color "Coralista" looks stunning on my pale skin, but I can see it flattering any skin tone. After I run out, I will probably buy the full size Coralista as they sell it separately. Overall I am very impressed with this palette. It's great for every day looks for work or school. LOVEEEE!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by rebekah1764

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I got this for xmas of 2011 and really hadn't used it a lot until recent months. The colors are gorgeous, the quality is fantastic. I am especially in love with the eyeshadows and the mini highlighters. The eyeshadow colors are so beautiful and the silky texture makes them so easy to blend and apply. I never really understood what all the hype was about Highbeam but once i finally learned how to apply it properly (on top of my cheekbones, on the browbone and just a bit down the center of my nose) i fell in love. It really perks up your whole face and adds a nice sheen without the chunks of glitter. The only part of this palette that i wasn't crazy about was the lipgoss. I loved the color but it felt a bit tacky and gritty due to the sparkle. Overall, this palette combines some of Benefit's best products. I wish more palettes were as well combined and fun as this one! I've never been much of a palette girl, but this is now my go-to for creating soft looks for day, or just using heavier application and creating more intense looks for night. They really should put this palette out again so that more people can buy it because it really is such a rare (and stunning!) collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this palette. It's a beautiful array of shades and colors that create the perfect natural look for anyone. I was extremely happy when I found out that Benefit came out with a makeup palette that was focused on more natural shades than ones with purples, bright pinks, and darker colors.
The shadows in here aren't the most pigmented, but I love the sheen they give to my eyes and the array of shades. It's very easy to create a neutral eye with these colors.
The highlighters are great, and I'm glad they included both highbeam and moonbeam.
The blush is a nice touch, but I don't use it since I already have Coralista in full size.
And I simply love the mascara and the lip gloss. The mascara is great for giving volume with no clumps and the lip gloss is a really pretty, non-sticky, delicious smelling, milky pink.

I HIGHLY recommend this palette for any benefit fan or someone new to makeup, or someone who just wants to try out a new brand. Perfect for the holiday season.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What an excellent collection of products! It's rare that I find a kit like this where I like every part of it. I've gotten numerous compliments while wearing the eye shadows in this kit, and the lip gloss, blush, highlighters and mascara are all great. The shadows are very wearable colors and are shimmery but not glittery. The colors also seem like they would work well with a variety of skin tones. I'd definitely buy this again, and would recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

I reach for the eyeshadows in this palette more than my MAC, Urban Decay and Stila shadows. Yes, the colors are very light and natural but they work for me. I like Bad Gal mascara because it makes my lashes full and natural looking. The small highlighters in the set are great for bringing attention to my cheek bones and making my skin look glowy. The lipgloss Life on the A-list is my favorite lipgloss. I like it more than MAC glosses, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Napolean, Armani, Lancome, L'Oreal, and the list goes on. It's not sticky or too shiny looking (can't stand when lips look like glass). Coralista is a nice blush. It doesn't show up on my skin as a blush unless I layer it but I think it's more of an overall face powder. Overall, this is a good kit for those who wear cool toned, natural looking makeup. Too bad it's discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by LHBCU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Products in order of preference:

Coralista: My favourite item in the kit so far. I've wanted a coral blush for some time and the gold sheen in this one makes it look really pretty on the cheeks. Relatively long-lasting, doesn't last as long as my usual MAC blush but would still re-purchase.

High Beam: I have tried this product before and liked it but never got around to buying the full-size version, always felt too expensive! Glad to have another little bottle to play with. Suits my skin tone well.

Eyeshadows: Very soft and shimmery, reminded me a little bit of the Urban Decay shadows. Lasted all day with UDPP underneath. Decent pigmentation, and the colours would suit most people, I am fair with blue eyes and they suit me well.

Life on the A list gloss: A nice, neutral gloss with a pleasant peachy taste. Nothing spectacular but something I'd use.

Moonbeam: Don't think this is best-suited to pale girls, will be sticking to high beam for my highlight.

Bad Gal Lash: Had wanted to try this cult product for a long time, sorely disappointed. Crazy smudging.

Brushes: Definitely the worst thing about the set but glad as they weren't the important bits at all! Have numerous shadow brushes so don't really mind!

Packaging: As with all Benefit products, I absolutely love the packaging. Brilliant mirror for application. Will keep this as a keepsake once the make-up has been used!

Price: I picked this kit up brand new on eBay as I believe it's no longer available to buy in stores and paid around 2/3 of the original RRP which is a fair price. Probably wouldn't have paid 31 for this.

Overall: Glad I got this on eBay rather than paying full price. A definite repurchase in Coralista and would now also be tempted to buy more Benefit shadows. Brushes a waste of time but same for most palettes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette contains moonbeam and highbeam which are versatile illuminating products. The coralista blush included is pigmented and slightly chalky the eyeshadows are very sheer and chalky. The lipgloss doesn't deposit enough product and it may as well be a clear gloss, not pale pink. The bad gal lash smudges like crazy and doesn't build up so 3 coats look like one coat. This palette is good if you haven't tried benefit products, you get to try their gloss, blush, mascara, highlighters and shadows. But $36 is not a fair price for products that perform poorly. Honestly the highlighters and blush are the best products showcased.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First let me start by saying that I love this set. The instructions are easy to use, great if you want to take something to give you a quite natural look or if you are bad at applying makeup (like me!). I've had it now over 6 months, and even using it as often as I do, I have not even close to hit pan on any of the items.

General PROS: easy to use, nice for overall look, good for beginners, nice for seeing a variety of Benefit products in one go, flattering colors, great as a gift.
General CONS: not very portable if you only want to take part of the kit.

On the the products:

My favorite part is probably the blush (coralista) and the highlighters. I love that they give you both highlighter colors, so you can find the one that fits your tone. And the blush is amazing for giving you a glowy finish. It has a touch of sparkle, which although I thought I was against, actually really flatters my skin tone.

The eyeshadows are great color variety. I tend to use with my NYX base to give the colors a bit more depth. They wear pretty well, sometime you'll need to blend out the crease with your finger later in the day. You get two quite light colors (white and pinky tones), and pink color, a bronze color and a deeper brown. The deep brown is actually very pigmented. I use the deep brown VERY lightly in my crease and the bronze on my eye, because those show up best on my skin tone. I really think there is something for everyone in the pallet though, you just need to play around with the colors. Just a disclaimer though, the colors are shimmery, so best for youthful skin. I did my mothers makeup with this and it didn't look that good. Also avoid if you don't like shimmer.

Mascara (Bad Lash) is fine, but would not purchase on its own. If you want a department store mascara go to estee lauder or lancome instead, its much more worth the extra price.

I was obsessed with the gloss in the beginning (peach taste, nude-pink color), and considering I usually hate lip-gloss that is ia huge compliment. Anyways, the packaging of this gloss is amazing and I love the applicator. The color is nice, but probably would not repurchase.

Conclusion:The moonbeam highlighter is the only bit of this kit I will be repurchasing, mainly due to price, and that you can get comparable products at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SapheeBee

Eyeshadows are a nice colour but considering what you pay for it the quality is terrible. They barely showed up on my skin and even the darkest shade was too pale (FYI I only have lightly tanned skin). The consistency was chalky and it was difficult to use the liner. lipgloss and mascara weren't great either, no better quality than something you'd get in a drugstore. The coralista blusher was good and the highlighters were ok, but overall I felt ripped off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for Christmas. My BF loves getting me makeup!! First things first, the packaging is adorable. Bulky...but adorable. I have never really been attracted to BeneFit as a brand, but I really like this palette. 1) The SHADOWS: Perfect for work, or a daytime glowy look in general (to use the titular line). If you're a low-key kinda girl, heck, go crazy with them at night. Individually, the three lightest shades are a bit too light and frosty on me, but I have olive skin/dark hair (not their fault). If used with a light hand and/or blended with the darker shade, they look very pretty and last all day w/ primer. Very, very smooth and easy to blend (more so than my UD Naked palette, I think). 2) CORALISTA: At first I thought this was too shimmery and sheer for me. It's difficult to get it to show up on me as more than just a veil of sickly shimmer. I've been neglecting it, but I've worn it the past couple of days over a bronzer, and it looks really good. I think this approach will look even better come summertime. We'll see! I'm just glad I found a way to use such a major portion of the palette. 3) GLOSS: It's okay. It does have a heavy scent, which doesn't bother me. The texture is a bit weird. Slick, but not emollient enough? The color is a medium-sheer nudey-pink. It's definitely not the star of the show, but it works well with the other products. I have similar, but better glosses. 4) HIGHLIGHTERS: Love them! Moon Beam more so than High Beam (due to my skin color), but I really really like them. Those little jars will even last me a long time, since you only need a bit. 5) MASCARA: Do not like it. Want to like it. I just don't.

This is a nice palette, mostly because the colors work together well and it does make you "Glowla." It's not its fault Barry Manilow is now in my head. (I would have given it a 3 if Coralista was an all-out dud)