February 28, 2015 | 1953 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2015 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MisssColour

I give this product a 4 simply because the first few times using it my face had turned red, I didn't have a reaction to it so I used it a couple more times and after about the third my face stopped turning red. This product is amazing, not only for the smell of it but I find after using it weekly for a month that my face feels nicer, it dries up the oily parts on my skin and I just put a little moisturizer when needed on my dry parts, which was rarely (damn combination skin!). The price is amazing and the packaging is perfect because it's resealable. Go get yours!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 4:29:00 PM More reviews by KMarcelle26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this clay mask! You only need a little bit, so it will last a long time. My skin is super soft after using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2015 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lizzehkim1231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It would be amazing for oily, combo skin. If you are dry like myself, stay far away. It is just too drying and makes your face so tight and uncomfortable after use. However, if you wanted to spot treat a blemish, it would be a good one to use. It just dries it out overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Sarcasmiic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask is a light greyish color. It smells incredible and drys fairly quickly to my skin.
It also washed off very easily. My skin felt more smooth and looked less shiny after use.

My acne looks better 2 hours or so after use. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:46:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this in the small sample size packs - but I got four uses out of that. It's a nice light clay mask, pale minty green in colour. It smells faintly lemony, and is nice and refreshing. I would leave it on for 10 minutes or so then wash it off in the shower - it rinses off very easily and leaves skin feeling pretty soft and smooth.

I would buy this again, but my store didn't have the full size in stock so I went with the chocolate and strawberry one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by llamadelrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail mask. I've tried other Freeman masks, and while they're still pretty good, this is the best one. This really suck up the excess oil from your skin and does wonders for my complexion! This may not be great for dry skins but I have not experienced any drying on my skin. It has a great fresh lemony scent. The only can that I can think of is that it can irritate my eyes if I put some of the mask near them but considering the results, it's something I can deal with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- scent
- pores minimized
- dries quickly

CONS

- a little drying

COMMENTS: I find this a little bit drying, but nothing that would keep me from repurchasing. I love the scent - it's very refreshing, yet sweet. I like that this stuff dries quickly, yet the consistency isn't too thick or thin. It's very easy to apply and rinse off. It helps with pores and oil control, as well.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by IvyL1206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask. I purchased several small package masks from Freeman after trying this Clay Mask. The other masks are alright, but I love this clay mask and majority of their Clay Mask. I have super oily skin, my skin becomes very clean and clear after the mask. It also pulls out all the blackhead, whitehead, nasty stuff under the skin. I wish I could use it everyday, but it is not recommended. Anyway, 5/5, super cheap. 2.99 at Publix and Walgreens. <3

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jingwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after seeing the good reviews. It has helped to keep my skin pretty clear after my facial, prolonging the effects ( of a clean face). I had a spot threatening to erupt on my chin, and this, together with my usual spot treatment manage to calm it down. Just using my usual spot treatment, the calming effect is about half.

So I do recommend this. The only thing I don't like about freeman is the artificial colourings in most if not all their products

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I usually don't review so early on, but I just have to. I just bought this but I already like it in comparison to the Queen Helene one I was using.

Packaging: I bought the tube in both brands but Freeman wins with the flip top. It's so much cleaner and just easier to use.

Smell: I never liked the smell of the Queen Helene. It smells like mint gum and I hate gum. The Freeman one is refreshing and delicious. Much better.

Consistency: The Freeman one is much thinner but I actually like that. QH is so thick it's hard to get on and to remove. I'm so used to having to have a certain amount of moisture on my face to get the QH on evenly. I even have a fan brush for it. So I had to get used to not having too wet of a face for the Freeman mask but that took like, my first application to learn how to work this consistency. Then the removal is also much easier. I actually have faded roots from all the extra rinsing and working to get the QH out of my hair line after the water pushes it up there. Ughhh.

Effectiveness: Ok, I can't speak to this too much since I've only used it a few times, but I find it works better. Maybe not a miracle, but better than QH. I say that because I found the QH so drying....it felt like it was slightly pulling the blackheads up, but not out. They would then make me look so bumpy and if I tried to extract them, my skin would get so red and irritated because it was so taut and dry. I can't say the Freeman mask eliminates them, but at least they don't look more pronounced so far. This also makes my skin feel a little more refreshed, maybe because of the lemon, which helps with brightness. (I could not use something like lemon alone, so it's nice to see it worked into a product like that.) Maybe it doesn't do that much, but I was running out of my QH and tried this instead. I'm also kind of sensitive and not really oily, so that may be why this is better for me, but for the other reasons as well I really prefer this one.

Update: So I can't use this often because I feel like it does pull up my forming pimples, which maybe would happen anyway and this just kind of progresses that. I tend to just use the Montagne-Jeunesse Dead Sea one more. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this mask is a problem for me. I have fallen for the Alba Enzyme mask as well.