January 29, 2015 | 1490 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Miracle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 10:22:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first time trying Lancome foundation. Initially, I bought the shade Buff 7W, which turned out a bit dark for me, so I bought another in Buff 6W, which is a much better match for me (shame on me for being too lazy to go to the dept. store to try the foundation on in person!). It's not a huge deal for me, as the 7W will work fine for me in summer when I'm more tan. I'm about NC25-30 in MAC, for reference.

Initially, I kind of loved this foundation when I tried it in late summer. It made my skin look really nice. However, after a couple of days, I seemed to break out. I tried it one more time a few weeks later, and again, I seemed to break out. I was pretty bummed and stashed the foundation away.

That was about a year ago, and I find I have not been breaking out as much at all. So, I dared to re-visit the Lancome foundation. Interestingly, I did not break out. I've been using this foundation more often (6W since it was fall/winter), but I have a new complaint. My skin gets quite dry and flaky in winter up here in Canada, and Teint Miracle does not play well with dry patches! It clumps up with the dry skin that you didn't realize was there. So now I can't use it unless I tame my dry skin.

Overall, the foundation gets a 4 out of 5 from me. I love the way it looks and wears, but it did on occasion break me out, and the dry skin issue is a huge pain. Other, cheaper foundations I have (Revlon Nearly Naked, L'Oreal True Match) don't bring attention to dry patches the way this does. But, of course, Teint Miracle has a better color match and makes my skin look so much nicer, albeit only when I don't have dry skin. One last complaint is that the cap comes off really easily. I store my foundation bottles in a drawer and tend to pick them up by the cap. I'm always afraid this bottle will break since it is heavy and made of glass. A tighter fit or a screw-top for the cap would be ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:57:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is a great foundation for normal skin that is not breakout prone but not combination oil breakout prone. The foundation has a lightweight texture slightly runny but not thick or pasty like the teint idol.The coverage is light-medium if you don't have major redness or skin with texture to cover. This did not blur my redness or acne scares it settled into my pitted acne scars, thus making it look worse and hard to cover with concealer. Too runny to apply over my concealer it smudges the concealer off. I have combination dry skin with flaky patches this did slightly cling to the patches and felt tiny bit sticky. This did give a glow without look overly oily. This would be better for normal skin with no texture problems. Doesn't last long it doesn't adhere to the skin just sits on top. It started to fade after about 2 hours and transfers easily.When applying setting powder over it it look cake and some of the foundation smudges off. Within 3 days I got clog pores and tiny bumps under the skin then red pimples. Worst for hot humid climate does nothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dyantheoriane

I love this foundation! Before Lancôme I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Bourjois Healthy Mix. Those were not as good as this one.

Pros
- buildable coverage
- a lot of shades (in most countries)
- great packaging (it looks high end and has a pump)
- a satin finish
- does not cake at all
- stays all day, even when its hot outside

Cons
- kinda expensive
- for full coverage you need some more layers

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by prettyinbeantown

I haven't written a review in a while but I had to log on and write one for this foundation. I LOVE IT!!!!! I had given up on wearing foundation for a long time. I would use concealer where I needed it and used mineral veil to set it. I occasionally used the bare minerals foundation if I was going out but it wasn't one of my favs.
A few days ago I was walking through the mall and on a whim bought this. I am so glad I did!!!
1. Easy application! I take a teeny bit in my palm, dot it and blend with my fingers. No brushes nothing.
2. The shade is perfect for me. It does not make my skin look dry or oily, does not settle into my fine lines or make my pores look bigger.It hides what I want it to hide - acne scars and marks but does not look cakey.
.3. It stays on!!! Now I'm not saying it lasts the whole days but its def there for a few hours. which is more than I can say for many other foundations
4. Yes the price isn't equal to a drugstore brand BUT for what I look like its worth the money.
For now I'll say this is my HG. Will it work for u? I can't say but its def worth a try in ur quest to find your HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

onto ma HG foundation....I've tried a zillion of foundations in ''you-name-it'' form, liquid,mineral,powder,cream....etc.,and there have been some (sadly discontinued) which were amazing considering the price tag and performance...lately my obsession with foundations got worse since I had a baby and noticed my skin actually looking older,wrinklier and due to the lack of sleep a bit more changeable during seasons....I like to say I'm a combination type,and in the winter time my skin tends to run a bit dry....First big surprise for me was my lovely YSL Le teint touche eclat (which I'm planing to review soon), but it was just to dewy for my hm.let's say ''mature and tired'' type of skin and that wonderfull glow it gives,makes me even more old and shiny....so I use it with precaution, more in the winter time regime than in the summer....and in the quest for the overall perfect foundation I was given a small sample of Lancome's Teint Miracle....yes I know it's been here for a while but I strongly believe all things have and choose their own time for displaying their virtues so to say...this foundation is no difference....it is airy,lightm yet manages to cover all the things I want covered on my face (discolorations,sun freckles,capillaria),it is very light,doesn't smell of denat.alcohol (which really annoys me, yes Vichy,it does!!),stays for hours without cakeing or creasing and gives me the most natural look ever....I'm NC30/35 and 03 Beige Diaphane is my Lancome shade of most of their foundations....it glides like a silk, has a very pleasant odour,and it is a wonderful foundation for combination skin such as mine.....I give this baby 5 lippies and recommed it highly!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How does this have such good reviews?!

I bough this a couple days ago based on reviews here-- I also looked at the ingredients and they seemed to be reasonable for my sensitive active acne skin. I was looking for a more moisturizing foundation for the winter.

Let me tell you, this foundation looked SO bad, i washed it off in 30mins and reapplied my usual makeup so i could leave the house! I usually wouldn't write a review based on such a short usage, but since this foundation is ridiculously expensive I thought it might be useful for others...

For the 30mins i wore it:
It definitely felt nice and moisturizing. The application was smooth and it seemed to blend nicely. It looked rather wet but dried to a dewy finish. HOWEVER, it sunk into all of my fine lines and made my pores look MUCH bigger! the color oxidized quickly and despite blending down my neck, I had the dreaded foundation line on my chin. I could see how this would turn into an oil slick for some people. I'm not sure why those with mature skin like this--- but it made mine look much older... I knew there was alcohol in this beforehand, but OMG the smell of it was overpowering! There must be a lot in there... which we all know is not good.
This is the first really big let down from lancome...
I'll be returning this asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried so many different foundations hourglass NARS glow, you name it. This is without a doubt the best foundation it stays on all day and it does give you a beautiful glow without being shiny. Great coverage as well

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not bought Lancome in a while but I liked it because i was mixing it with god aweful estee lauder maximum coverage which made me look150 years old .I get alot of chemical peels and sculptra so the youg blood really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation I have ever used an entire bottle of without straying and experimenting with other brands, finishes, etc. It is a really light beautiful finish that somehow always makes you look more awake and youthful. My only problem is the color range. In the summer I can wear the 6n but the rest of the year I'm out of luck every color is too dark or too light or too pink. Very frustrating. I am not about to start buying different shades and mixing together to get the ideal shade for myself so I guess I will look glowy and youthful from May-Sept. :/

I wear Colorstay in Sand beige and MUFE Mat Velvet in Vanilla for reference in the winter and find these are too heavy for summer so I either use the teint miracle above or a tinted moisturizer likes Nars or OCC in the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by shellycat13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is amazing! Initially when I bought it I didn't like it.. but I encourage you to stick with it for a few weeks because this will 100% grow on you. I have super dry skin so initially it would stick to dry areas on my chin, however I countered this by using an intense hydrating face cream, and the problem was fixed.

The coverage is amazing, whilst still looking completely natural. With this on my skin looks natural, healthy and perfect. It easily covers any blemishes so there is no need for concealer except for under-eyes. It lasts all day, and still looks amazing at the end of the day. Also - the pump is amazing!

I apply with a stippling brush and it takes a bit to blend in, but the result is definitely worth it. If you want a long-lasting, natural looking foundation with good coverage, then this is definitely the foundation for you. I have tried many foundations and this would be my go-to everyday foundation.