November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by HoneymoonAvenue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

like any teenage girl, I am forever looking for my perfect mascara. I have tried over 10 different types, brands and styles in the last 1-2 years, and this is my favourite so far! my lashes are naturally thin and light with little to no volume. this mascara works perfectly for me! it makes my lashes noticeably darker, and adds volume, but unfortunately not much length. I like the brush, because it is different, but still looks simple (not to over-the-top!) I mean, I wear this almost every day to school, so I wouldn't want anything too dramatic! however, I think the handle is a little awkward (maybe a little too big) but it is still very easy to apply. the mascara itself is a little too creamy in my opinion, but unfortunately starts to flake badly in 7-8 hours. I think that isn't so bad because, honestly, once I get home from school I just do homework anyways so I don't really care what I look like ha ha ha! finally, at the end of the day it is very easy to remove (I use balea oil-free eye-makeup remover.) Overall, I really enjoy using this product and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite drugstore mascara. Gives dept store brands a run for the money. Very effective stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I think this is my 10th tube or more of this mascara and I am just now reviewing it. I figured many people already loved it so why bother. Anyway, this is probably my no fail HG mascara of all time. It's inexpensive, widely available everywhere and it works. My biggest annoyance with mascara is smudging. Everything I use around my eyes smudge. I haven't found an eyeliner that doesn't smudge ! This mascara doesn't smudge and takes off when I am ready to take it off at night. I don't even use the waterproof formula. It makes my eyelashes look so black and full. I love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I'm on my 5th tube of this?
This is probably my favourite mascara. It gives natural looking volume and length. It isn't clumpy, and doesn't flake on me. It is easily removed at the end of the day with either eye makeup remover or just cleanser - a feature I look for because I hate mascaras that are hard to remove, I feel like those take out all my eyelashes. I also like the silicon brush. Overall, a good, inexpensive, every day mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Mo3677

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful! Thick clunky packaging. Lashes clumped and sticky. I found the wand too short and the handle too big. Dreadful results. Would not recommend it. Would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My go-to mascara. I am always coming back to this. Every mascara on the lash blash line, with the exception of the lengthening one has never failed me! Its incredible.

This mascara lasts all day, it doesn't flake, it doesn't clump, the color is great, and it adds beautiful volume and separation. It is the perfect every-day mascara. I love it! Even compared to high end brands, lash blast beats them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really decent mascara. It separates, defines and volumizes, no flaking and minimal clumps. I usually apply 2 coats to my lashes, this mascara gives you nice, natural looking lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am fortunate enough to have naturally curly, thick, long eyelashes, so mascara wasn't a regular part of my make-up routine until I started wearing a full face of make-up on a daily basis. To be honest, I didn't really "get it" until I followed a tip I read on MUA: curling the stick as you apply. It makes me lashes look AMAZING. Non-clumpy and non-spidery but totally voluminous and doll-like. I bought it in black/brown by accident, but I can't wait to see how it might look in black. One tube also lasted me a pretty long time -- I only reluctantly threw it out because it had been open for over six months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can't say enough about this mascara which has become my absolute all time favorite ever since I began using it a year ago. It far outperforms any mascara that I have used including the prestige brands. Of course, I do have several favorites but this is absolutely one of the best. You can use this with or without an eyelash curler; it looks equally gorgeous either way b/c it separates, defines and volumizes each lash without weighing them down. It is a super rich blackest black which is key for standout lashes. I love the orange color tube (I can always find it immediately in my crowded makeup drawer), I love that I can get it at my local drugstore (which means I am never without a tube), and the price is great. Thank you to CG for this amazing, incredible mascara and please do not ever stop making this!! I have since purchased other CG products and have been extremely pleased. I cannot recommend this product enough!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Pros:
- Holds lash curls very well, all day I would say! Better than a lot of mascaras I have tried! I think this may have to do with the plastic brush, compared to other mascaras that have a lot of bristles but pack on too much mascara formula on the lashes, thus weighing my lashes down
- Somewhat lengthens lashes
- Easy to find and buy from any dept store or pharmacy
- Dries out very quickly after application
- Waterproof
- Doesn't transfer on the bottom of your eyes at the end of the day

Cons:
- Unlike most of the reviews here, this didn't do much for volumising lashes. My lashes pretty much stayed the same thickness as it was before application. So much for the name :(
- Hard to remove. The formula dries out very quickly and gives the lashes a hard, crumbly texture (more so compared to other mascaras imo) that when it comes to removing time, even good ol' Bioderma couldn't do it. I had to rub so hard for so long compared to how removing other mascaras would take about 2 seconds for me that a lot of lashes fell out. Boo..

I used this mascara years ago and decided to venture out to find a mascara that holds curls like this one but is better at volumising. I decided to come back to this just to see if my opinion has changed. I'm more impressed now by how well it holds curls because a lot of the mascaras I tried in between time failed at that part. I probably wouldn't repurchase again until I can't find a better mascara that holds curls as well as this, but volumises at least a little bit better and removes a lot faster!