October 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My go-to mascara. I am always coming back to this. Every mascara on the lash blash line, with the exception of the lengthening one has never failed me! Its incredible.

This mascara lasts all day, it doesn't flake, it doesn't clump, the color is great, and it adds beautiful volume and separation. It is the perfect every-day mascara. I love it! Even compared to high end brands, lash blast beats them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really decent mascara. It separates, defines and volumizes, no flaking and minimal clumps. I usually apply 2 coats to my lashes, this mascara gives you nice, natural looking lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am fortunate enough to have naturally curly, thick, long eyelashes, so mascara wasn't a regular part of my make-up routine until I started wearing a full face of make-up on a daily basis. To be honest, I didn't really "get it" until I followed a tip I read on MUA: curling the stick as you apply. It makes me lashes look AMAZING. Non-clumpy and non-spidery but totally voluminous and doll-like. I bought it in black/brown by accident, but I can't wait to see how it might look in black. One tube also lasted me a pretty long time -- I only reluctantly threw it out because it had been open for over six months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can't say enough about this mascara which has become my absolute all time favorite ever since I began using it a year ago. It far outperforms any mascara that I have used including the prestige brands. Of course, I do have several favorites but this is absolutely one of the best. You can use this with or without an eyelash curler; it looks equally gorgeous either way b/c it separates, defines and volumizes each lash without weighing them down. It is a super rich blackest black which is key for standout lashes. I love the orange color tube (I can always find it immediately in my crowded makeup drawer), I love that I can get it at my local drugstore (which means I am never without a tube), and the price is great. Thank you to CG for this amazing, incredible mascara and please do not ever stop making this!! I have since purchased other CG products and have been extremely pleased. I cannot recommend this product enough!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Pros:
- Holds lash curls very well, all day I would say! Better than a lot of mascaras I have tried! I think this may have to do with the plastic brush, compared to other mascaras that have a lot of bristles but pack on too much mascara formula on the lashes, thus weighing my lashes down
- Somewhat lengthens lashes
- Easy to find and buy from any dept store or pharmacy
- Dries out very quickly after application
- Waterproof
- Doesn't transfer on the bottom of your eyes at the end of the day

Cons:
- Unlike most of the reviews here, this didn't do much for volumising lashes. My lashes pretty much stayed the same thickness as it was before application. So much for the name :(
- Hard to remove. The formula dries out very quickly and gives the lashes a hard, crumbly texture (more so compared to other mascaras imo) that when it comes to removing time, even good ol' Bioderma couldn't do it. I had to rub so hard for so long compared to how removing other mascaras would take about 2 seconds for me that a lot of lashes fell out. Boo..

I used this mascara years ago and decided to venture out to find a mascara that holds curls like this one but is better at volumising. I decided to come back to this just to see if my opinion has changed. I'm more impressed now by how well it holds curls because a lot of the mascaras I tried in between time failed at that part. I probably wouldn't repurchase again until I can't find a better mascara that holds curls as well as this, but volumises at least a little bit better and removes a lot faster!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily004

A number of years ago I went on the hunt for the "perfect" mascara - for me, that means one that holds a bit of curl in my lashes without being a waterproof formula (because I always, ALWAYS get some on my skin and would rather not have to scrub to get just a tiny bit off), adds some volume, and most importantly doesn't smudge after a few hours. (90% of mascaras I try smudge under my eye, regardless waterproof or not.) This does it all, and at a really nice price point - often about $11-12 CAD but I stop up when it's on sale for $9. Never ever smudges under my eyes, even on the longest of days. One coat is good, and for those nights where I want more oomph a second coat does the trick. As someone with blue eyes, I go with the black-brown formula, and it matches perfectly with MAC's fluidline in the shade Dipdown. I will sometimes branch out and try a different brand of mascara, but always end up coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupglirl

This is my HG mascara!! I hate the spider eyelash look, and prefer more natural looking lashes so if you are the same this is 100% for you. So much better than any of my higher end mascaras! It thickened and lengthened my lashes without clumping or flaking. It makes my eyelashes look amazing and many people don't believe me when I tell them I'm wearing mascara because it is SO NATURAL! Also, i was recently caught in a super big rain storm where my whole body was drenched, I was so worried about my mascara running down my face, but when i looked in a mirror it was still perfect! And it isn't waterproof! I can't rave enough about this product. Give it a go, it isn't expensive and you might aswell try it, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this gives more of a somewhat natural look without being hard on lashes and clumping. i have no experianced flaking or smudging so thats a plus. it leaves my lashes feeling natural not hard or spidery. this is great and i love the brush. packagings a bit bulky but thats okay. great mascara. will use up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the other cover girl lash blast products I wasn't wowed by this product. It didn't lengthen or make my lashes thicker and it smudged badly... I looked like a angry panda!. For a drugstore product I wasn't surprised... I paid $8 CAD for this... Sigh what a waste. I would stick to my maybelline or loreal miss manga instead of this product. Don't waste your money like I did.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only purchased this mascara because of the glowing reviews on here and because I had a $3 off coupon for any Covergirl Lashblast mascara. I bought this in the waterproof formula in blackest black, price was $9.78 before the $3 off coupon.
I did not like this. I prefer lashes that are defined, separated and lengthened, I'm not looking for volume in a mascara but those other 3 qualities are what I want in a mascara, but this offers slight volume but nothing special.
My complaints:
How am I suppose to get into the corners of me eyes with this brush?! Well when I tried that I got tarantula eyes and caused my lashes to clump up together on the outer corners and inner corners and forget about fixing this problem because of how waterproof it is...a little too waterproof imo which is rare but I've never had problems with waterproof mascara transferring or flaking but then again I've never had problems taking off waterproof mascara like I did with this.

Thin formula and too much product on the brush which makes me have to spend several minutes scraping off the brush. I HATE excess product on my mascara wand and this is a big no no for me when I purchase a mascara, this has been a problem for me for several years now from several different cosmetic companies so I doubt I got a defective tube.

I wear contacts and I can buy the cheapest low quality cosmetics ever and not have them bother my eyes ever BUT (!!)--This mascara makes my eyes feel like I got little hairs (or sometimes even slivers!) in my eyes and any contact lens wearer knows that anything in your eyes while wearing contacts is painful and uncomfortable. This irritates my eyes so much that by the end of the day I can't wait to get this crap off my lashes.
Too waterproof. I've never had a mascara that was this bulletproof and honestly I don't like it and I can only assume that this is the reason why my eyes are irritated by this so much because of whatever CG puts in this formula makes it stay put but it also irritates my eyes. This would probably work very well for the ladies on here who say every waterproof mascara they've used fails for them, so if you're one of those ladies try this, you might like it and find a successful mascara for you. I use soap and water to remove my eye makeup and this stuff was barely removed by the soap, the only thing that removed it was olive oil. Trying to remove it really hurts my eyes and normally I don't have a problem removing my eye makeup.
Pros: Very black formula in the color I got (blackest black?), bulletproof formula, there's no way this stuff is going to budge, smudge, migrate, bleed or transfer during swimming or whatever other mascara mishap you can think of and it did not flake at all.
But about what I said with the water up above^ When I was in the tub and got my face wet my lashes fell down (not sure if that's what happened cause I didn't have access to a mirror but this is what I assume) and felt like they were poking my eyes, it was a very uncomfortable feeling.
Will not buy again. Lesson learned, take the reviews you read with a grain of salt on here. Just cause something works so well for so many people doesn't mean it will for you. After one week of using this crap in a tube I threw it away, good riddance, my eyes hurt so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was throwing away money when I chucked this tube into the trash, sadly. No more CG mascaras for me cause I feel like if I buy one and it's a crapshoot then I'm betting the rest will be crap too. I still love other CG products though but just to be safe (and eye pain free lol) I will steer clear of CG mascaras.