September 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SophieGloria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the products in my makeup collection, this is the one I have repurchased the most. The coverage is very high; the consistency is creamy and blend-able; the lightest shade isn't too dark for my hauntingly pale skin... Oh, and let's not forget the price!
You may ask, however, why I have only rated it a 4/5 if I love it so much and this is for two reasons. Firstly, I find that the staying power isn't fantastic and after an hour it is almost as though the makeup around my t-zone needs reblending. (My skin can get oily, but it isn't THAT bad.) Secondly, as I am sure many people have mentioned, the writing on the packaging smears off onto your hands - which isn't ideal when you're trying to apply makeup!
Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend you give this product a go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really great concealer! Very comparable to the NARS radiant creamy concealer, although I have to say that the NARS is slightly more blendable and fuller coverage. However I really love this and find myself using it very frequently. I like to use it as a light foundation, swiping it over my redness and dotting it over my scars and breakouts to give a lighter more strategic coverage than traditional foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by stingrayting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is currently the best concealer I've used so far for concealing blemishes and for covering redness around the nose area. I use the 'medium' shade which is perfect for my skin tone. I apply a small bit of product onto the area with the doe-foot applicator and then just gently dab it with my finger to blend it in seamlessly. The coverage is very good without feeling cakey.

I don't have a big problem with dark circles so I don't use this concealer for under my eyes (I use the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer when I do want to brighten the under-eye area).

This concealer is not readily available in Australia, so I like the save it for blemishes instead. I'd definitely repurchase and will get a few backups when I get the chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Luciaxoxo

The best of the best!!! I bought this a few weeks ago from boots and used it since! It goes on wonderfully and really does last all day! It looks amazing and give great coverage despite my oily t zone area! Mine is shade 1 far and I use it with my true match perfection foundation in ivory, then set the makeup with stay matte powder .. And my makeup lasts beautifully all day! I cannot even describe how amazing this concealer is! Will be the only one I'm using from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is the best concealer ever!!!!! I have tried concealers from MAC, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier...
If you don't like carrying your makeup bag with you then this is the best product for you!
First of all, it is very matte so you should use your moistriser before applying it.
It literally stays all day long on your face, I use it for my under eye and red spots on my face, it covers everything up and doesn't move all day at all!
You should head off to boots and get yourself one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this! Such a creamy, soft concealer which does good at covering up blemishes. Not all the redness is going to disappear, but this is the best drug store concealer out there in my opinion!
Un scented and would be good for sensitive skin.
Covers up under eye circles well.

The packaging is ok, some people don't like the dofur applicator as they think it's unhygienic but i don't mind.

10/10!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Loopzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail concealer 🙏
Love this! Goes on well and stays on for at least 4 hours on me. Only bad thing is the packaging, but can't complain for under 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

This concealer is absolutely amazing in terms on covering imperfections. It is extremely pigmented without being heavy, and has just the right amount of 'blendability' such that as you tap it out, it spreads but doesn't completely sheer out or come off your blemish. It also sets nicely. It is totally understandable how this is HG material for many people.

However, it might be pretty drying on blemishes (that's what I mainly use it for), which makes that area crease, so I assume it would be the same if you have a dry undereye.

Also, I live in a pretty humid climate plus I have oily skin AND sweat quite a bit. This concealer separates and "lifts" off the skin when exposed to those elements. It is not waterproof, so if you get caught in the rain or perspire, you might see the beads of water be tinted beige as it rolls down your face. Because of this, I will not repurchase despite the perfect coverage and blendability. :(

(I currently mix this with Maybelline's Fit Me concealer which helps it blend more easily onto dry blemishes and solve some of its "lifting" problems due to humidity.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by socherryphie

This is my HG concealer. I've been using it for 3 years alredy. I have severe and dark under eye bags and this concealer gives me the best coverage so far. I find that one layer is enough to conceal the darkness around my eyes, even though it's buildable. I use this over Bourjois Radiance Reveal foundation and get an amazing and natural finish. It lasts me all day and at daylight my skin looks so smooth. On occasions that I need more coverage, I'll use a cream concealer before the foundation, and apply the Collection 2000 concealer after. To avoid caking I just tap my face with a tissue in the end, set it with powder and I'll be fine.

I get this on ebay for an affordable price, since this product isn't available in my country.

The cons regarding this product, as many stated, are the poor packaging (letters will wear off and "melt" after a short ammount of time) and the short range of shades, which isn't a problem for me, since number 3 medium is fine for me.

In conclusion, I'm not switching concealer any soon, as I'm very satisfied with this one and I highly reccomend it to everyone

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as an under-eye concealer and switched from Estee Lauder Double-wear foundation for this purpose. It lasts well, with some creasing but less than most other concealers I've tried. It also dries quickly and layers well. I like to use it over a touch of the NYX jumbo eye pencil milk to lighten the darkest part of my circles (on top of Body Shop Matte It primer) and set it with my Everyday Minerals foundation powder. This gives me the best coverage for my (rather severe) dark circles I've ever managed to achieve, not bad for a budget buy!

My biggest criticisms are:
1. That it doesn't come in many shades - the palest shade is pretty good and actually light enough for me (a first for a drugstore brand) but would probably be too light for many people.
2. The packaging is awful, even for a product this cheap. As you put the lid (with applicator) back on, product 'squishes out' around the join between the lid and bottom. I actually have to keep it in a little zip-lock bag so I don't end up getting concealer on everything else in my make-up bag.