September 16, 2014 | 2007 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by koalion

This product is the only product in my life that broke me out within hours of putting it on my face. I must be allergic to something in it (like a lot of other reviewers here), or it must have something in it that epically clogs pores, because I felt cystic acne forming under my skin within FOUR HOURS. I'm now in the midst of treating the painful bumps that appeared on my forehead and cheeks from that one day. At first I thought it might be a hormonal breakout but I never break out this much or get cystic acne, and as soon as I stopped using it the next day I've had no new bumps.

Kind of a bummer because I liked the way it looked and it was a great color match for my Asian skin. Not all that upset though--just because it's mineral makeup and supposedly "natural" doesn't mean it's good for your face. Wouldn't recommend this at all for acne-prone girls, there are way better powders out there. Going back to just concealer or maybe my Revlon Photoready.

EDIT: It also seems to have burnt/irritated my face? I didn't realize this until now but the lower half of my face (where I put the most powder, as I have the most to hide) has been red for the past few days. My jawline has also been extremely dry (almost scaly-like) and bright red. It's going away slowly as I use other products but wow, I don't even have sensitive skin and this has never happened to me--please stay away from this powder if your skin is sensitive AT ALL.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by BodyBar

To give the product some credit, it was what made me switch from the covergirl crap I was wearing for years (and the mac or liquid foundations) to a mineral make up.

I had no idea that there were different mineral make ups, and some were good and some were just meh. This is not a bad product, it is just meh.... compared to some of the better mineral make ups out there, this one does clog a bit, and my face did feel a little oily by the end of the day.

If you are looking for really good mineral make up - Colorescience or Jane Iredale is definitely what you should invest in. Its more $$, but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by chrisreid8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry-normal skin. This did not work for me. I Iooked like a dried out mask. I Was told mineral foundations are best for guys to wear to look natural. Big mistake for me. While it maybe went on natural, and easily buildable, I couldn't wait to wash it off my face at the end of the day. My cheeks were itchy after a couple of hours. I also found it didn't last very long.
I think it works better for people with oily-skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pungalina

Thank you Mia Bella ~BUT not every product is for everyone, those of us that this product is NOT for are not idiots who do not know how to use it.I am happy you are pleased with this product I tried it, it does not give me what I like in a foundation.Nothing against the product it is just not for me so please do not assume those of us that it does not work for are stupid!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS STUFF IS A GOSH DARN MIRACLE. I AM MEDIUM, LIKE LESLIE SAIS 80% OF ALL CAUCASIAN WOMEN ARE. I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR 5 YEARS & JUST NOW BOUGHT MY 3RD JAR, YES, A JAR LASTS 2 YEARS. AND NOW THEY CAME OUT WITH MATTE I DON'T NEED AS MUCH MINERAL VEIL, AWESOME. I USE MY HEAVENLY FACE BRUSH TO APPLY WHICH IS THE BEST BRUSH TO USE CUZ IT'S FLAT TO YOUR FACE SO YOU GET BETTER COVERAGE. I TAP A VERY SMALL AMOUNT INTO MY LID AND SWIRL MY BRUSH UNTIL IT'S ALL INTO MY BRUSH THEN I BUFF BUFF BUFF AND MY SKIN IS FLAWLESS. NO VISIBLE PORES, NO VISIBLE IMPERFECTIONS, MY SKIN LOOKS PERFECT. IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMPLAINTS, THEIR OBVIOUSLY DOING SONETHING VERY VERY WRONG!!!! LESS IS MORE WITH THIS. YOU MAKE NO MESS WITH THIS AT ALL. IT DOES NOT WEAR OFF DURING THE DAY. IT DOES NOT COME OFF UNTIL YOU TAKE IT OFF. SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. I'VE BEEN USING IT FIR 5 YEARS AND IT'S THE ONLY MAKEUP THAT WILL TOUCH MY FACE. BKUSH, SHADOW, LIPGLOSS, BRONZER, ETC.....THANK YOU LESLIE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetie2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for about four years now. I have tried other products such as BB cream and other brands of mineral powder makeup, but I always return to this one for my daily routine and important occasions. I have combination skin, oily on T-zone.

-----
The pros:
The introductory package DVD was great for learning how to apply it. My friends complemented how I looked better with this one on.
Very buildable coverage. One day I had very terrible mosquitos bites all over my face, and I covered them up with this and no one noticed the bites at work. Huge embarrassment saver. It didn't clog pores when I applied carefully, so my mosquitos bites recovered the second day.
It doesn't require a lot of makeup removal procedure. Simple face wash can clean this well.
It's very light weigh; I don't feel like I am wearing makeup with this versus liquid foundation.

------
The cons:
It's messy to apply. I always got these powder all over the table when I use it. It's impossible not to spread any powder else where.
It's also powdery too. My friends would notice the powder on my face, but a couple hours later the powder will be blended with/absorbed by my facial oil and become unnoticeable.
Even though it would absorb some oil, but after 8 hours I still feel slightly oily in T-zone, but less than when I don't wear this.
However, this product does cause ance sometimes. I take breaks from using it so that I can recover from ance some days during the month.

*Remember to wash your brushes with shampoo at least once a week and dry under sun to sanitize in order to reduce bacteria related breakouts.*

----
Overall, it's a keeper. I would try other brand to find one that doesn't cause breakouts (or less breakouts).
I love the BE brushes too. They are definitely necessary to get the job done right.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Jbella1

The only reason i would buy this again because i like to wear it on top of liquid foundation(only small amount)
If i wear it on its own it does nothing for me.
Makes me look dry and powdery!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by QUEENREAD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got very excited when this first came out, and I recommended it to all my family and friends i totally should have got commission!

At first, I loved it, I have not used it for about 3 years now until I found it and popped it back into my make up bag.

Im pretty sure that it makes my face ITCH.

If I use a primer (S&G) plus the rever upper, (I.D) I get a dewy glow and smooth appearance, which is quite nice,
however, I would like more coverage on my PORES.

I like this for those HOT days, when I don't want to wear liquid foundation because of the greasy-ness!

I THINK I would buy this again, if i don't find anything better (Just ordered the sample kit plus add on of faerie organics)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by minimaddi

Sadly made me break out :( And it wasnt like little bumps, it was CYSTIC acne :(
But i have to say it does look nice, and natural
Curse you bismuth oxychloride :(((

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by imspeshall

I used to use Bare Minerals several years ago and loved the product. I started ordering Jane Iredale but had a hard time finding my color online. I decided to return to Bare Minerals recently and cannot believe it is the same product. It seemed to have more lasting power in the past and a smoother finish. Now it looks awful. I can't help but wonder if the ingredients changed somewhere in between my use of the product. I'm sadly disappointed.