October 24, 2014 | 1537 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by KLynn88

Meh. I don't find this to be anything special, and I have oily skin. Rather expensive too. I find that the NYX Matte Finishing Spray works just as well for 1/4th the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wrote this same review for All Nighter by UD because I found they perform the exact same. I finally caved and bought this because generally speaking long wearing foundations tend to break down after 6 hours wear on me. I first used this spray over powder to eliminate the powdery look, and this was a disaster. The powder went claggy and it didn't affect the longevity of the makeup. I tried it the after wear make up (primer foundation concealers) and let it dry then added some powder, and this really helps. It's a nice even fine spray too that won't drown part of your face. I would recommend if you find long lasting make up isn't that long lasting on you (I use it to get through nights out, hot days or my long shifts at work).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is worth 100% of the hype it gets. I use this before my makeup as a "primer" as I find when I use normal primers it makes my makeup separate and slide around my face. This is considerably lighter and doesn't feel like it's sitting uncomfortably on my face. I use it again after my liquid foundations have set and AGAIN after all of my makeup is on and set. With three thin layers of this my makeup lasts through a day with minimal budging. I say minimal because I am a little oily in the summer and I just can't fight that. I find however, that if I apply TOO much it can make my face feel a little tight but once my own face oils react with it, it loosens again. Overall an awesome product and available in smaller sizes for those that want to give it a review without the commitment of a larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Emalu

Best setting spray I've ever used- not too dewy, not too matte. Just right for my taste. Bought on recommendation from a friend, and have repurchased multiple times. Larger bottle has better spray (more of a mist) than travel bottle, but keep my travel bottle to refill for convenience. Good for long wear, but realistic common sense is that of course one with oily skin will still experience some shine by day's end. I have combination skin and am impressed with this product's valiant performance in humid Savannah weather. Even better performance in cooler seasons!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This had all the makings of a perfect makeup setting spray. It applies nicely, dries quickly, doesn't burn or irritate, has no noxious odors, and is incredibly effective in keeping my makeup matte looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately, it makes me break out. It's extremely disappointing to me that it has this effect on my skin, because other than that it performs so well, and I wish that I could include it in my everyday makeup routine. I will definitely keep this product around, but I will save it for occasional use and follow up with mint julep mask after washing my makeup off to try to counteract the effects on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product a few times and have used it up every single time because I would rather spritz my face with this rather than any other spray when I'm touching up later in the day. However, I have never been wowed by it. It's quite underwhelming actually. It does nothing for my very oily skin, despite my realistic expectations of accepting that I am going to get shiny and will need to blot. Also, several people have mentioned to me that this product will take the "cakey" or "powdery" look away, but from what I've seen, it doesn't. Will not be repurchasing this anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It didn't wow me but certainly helped. Considering that I live in Miami, which is very very humid, I think it did a decent job. Perhaps I get better results in a less humid weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

To be completely honest, I don't feel like this did much. It does take away the powdery finish on my face and make it for of a natural finish but other than that I don't notice to much of a change. I will continue to use and probably re purchase since I use mineral makeup and feel like setting spray is a must- but don't expect this to be some sort of miracle worker.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by macumish

after hearing missglamorazzi rave so much about this i thought it would be my holy grail. but i was wrong. It has a sort of chemically scent, it did absolutely nothing to control oil, even if i powdered before and after applying it, it was all a mess. Thank god i bought the travel size. I will go back to my mac's fix plus, it's a bit more affordable and does a better job at oil control and setting makeup than de-slick. Disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

I bought this product because everyone seems to love it and it is not too pricey, so i thought why not?. First of all, i have a combination skin, my t-zone and inner side of my cheeks are SUPER oily, so i really need to have a product that can prevent my face from being oily and keep the makeup all day. I used it once when i did my makeup for my friend's party. I put my moisturizers, primer, set it with powder ( got this tip from wayne goss), spray the makeup setting spray, did the rest of my makeup, spray the makeup setting spray once more, and put powder again because the setting spray gave me somewhat oily finish. I really didn't mind but I expected it to be amazing since i put quiet a lot efforts to do the makeup. Had the makeup for around 8 hours that day. I faded but i still have some foundation left on my face (which is quiet good) , my face was kinda oily but it wasnt as oily as usual (I have blotted my face though).

so to me, this product does work but it's not super amazing or anything like that. I hate the oily finish that it gives me after i spray it on my face though, i can set it with powder but what piss me off is even after i put powder on top of it it's not that amazing. It also feels a little bit sticky too, so i definitely won't repurchase. Maybe it's just not for me.