Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 10/4/2015 11:37:00 PM

Waste of money. Does nothing but turn my face red and oxidize my foundation.

on 10/1/2015 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So so so bad!!!! Seriously waste of money! I have very oily skin so I thought it's better to buy the expensive spray than nyx for example. But seriously though, this spray made me MORE shiny and my makeup started melting and my foundation oxidized! I'm so sad and angry. DONT BUY IT!

on 9/12/2015 10:38:00 AM

This made me actually look shinier than I normally get! Would NOT purchase if you have oily skin.

on 9/12/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't even start with how awful this product is.
I have oily skin and this, instead of reducing the oilyness of it, it made it even worse.
Normally my makeup gets oily after about 3 hours of being on, with this it got oily about half an hour after I put it on.

on 8/30/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first setting spray that I've ever tried and I'm sad to say it was really disappointing. While it did make my foundation last a little longer than usual, I dried out my face SO MUCH. By the end of the day, my foundation was flaking off. I would only recommend this if you have very very oily skin, otherwise it will just dry you out.

on 8/23/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

After trying many products to stop foundation meltdown / breakup on my very oily skin I have to say this is one of the worst for me personally.

This spray made my face more oily and also brought out the oils quicker than normal! Not great for something that is meant to be a product made for oily skin.

I tried multiple different applications; before makeup, after makeup, both before and after, minimal sprays, lots of sprays, leaving to air dry, blotting with tissue and still with the same oily results...

I think this product is drying and therefore the skin thinks 'needs to produce more oil', whatever it is I want to avoid similar products like the plague.

This is not a cheap product so with such horrible results for me I was dissapointed and this has now been poured down the drain.

I found that e.l.f.'s makeup mist and set is better and at such a low price as well, failing that on the odd occasion where I really need makeup to last I use good old hairspray even though not recommended to use on the face often!

on 8/20/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin is suuuper oily and this spray helped me set my foundation and control oil for hours.. At the time I didn't use any powder.. just foundation and then this spray, so it held up pretty well in that case. With setting powder this product would probably help even more. I'm considering purchasing it again.

on 8/12/2015 8:52:00 AM

So I have tried UD All Nighter Spray and fell in love with that and when I went to Sephora to pick it up, shelf was empty :( One of the girls told me for my oily skin I should use this version as it would benefit me more and does the same thing as ANS, so I bought this. At first I didn't notice a difference in keeping my oily skin controlled (it's summer and humid so that's when I look like I'm sweating all the time..) so I tired a different approach with this spray. After I moisturize my face, I'll spray this all over (my new technique for this) wait until it dries, put my makeup on etc spray again let it dry and done. Using it this way works WAYYY better!! After a 11 hr shift I noticed a little pit of oil coming at my forehead but nothing else!!! It's going to use a lot of product yes but I found this was the only way it would work for me and my skin is extremely oily no matter what primer, moisturizer etc I have on. If I am going out for the night, I'll use this before my makeup then after my makeup I'll use the ANS and holy crap.. perfect combo :D I didn't always have to run to the rest room to blot my damn face and my makeup looked perfect!

Try my technique out if this didn't work for you, guarantee it will now.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly wanted to love this setting spray because the first time I heard about it, it seemed like the perfect setting spray for my incredibly oil-slick of a face and the extreme humidity of the Philippines. Because I was so excited (and a bit hesitant) to get this product on my hands, I even had to beg my friend who was all the way from France to get this for me. Boy, my excitement was spoiled when I finally got to use it.

First of all, once you spray it on your face (I do shake the bottle before use), it looks like you literally sprayed your face with oil (very ironic for a product that is supposed to keep oil at bay). Even after waiting 10 minutes to let the spray set on my face, my face was incredibly oily I even have to blot my face after finishing my makeup with this. I notice when I use this setting spray I would have to blot and retouch every hour.

It did slightly help with the staying power of my makeup, because after ~7 hours of use my blush, bronzer and highlighter was still there in spite of my face getting oily. This setting spray did not ruin the makeup underneath; it kind of made it stay in place for a fair amount of time. The oiliness of my face still wins at the end of the day.

I prefer the All-Nighter setting spray any day of the week. I regret spending money on this (I am a broke college student) and definitely will not repurchase.

on 7/30/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So, I have been saving up for the deslick setting spray since I have an oily face and I have seen a lot of good reviews about this and finally I have bought one! I use this spray after putting on my primer and after I'm done with my make up. Using this spray is really light on my face and the make-up really stays all day! I don't feel oily at all, though whenever I looked at the mirror I still have this oily face on my T-zone, but still, its manageable! I just add a few powder in it. I'm saving up for these holy grail again if I ran out already! Worth buying for me! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials