October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kthen305

Rimmel London lasting finish 25hr foundation is a liquid foundation. The consistency of this foundation is pretty good. It's not too thick or not too thin. It's pretty creamy. It gives a nice satin finished base.
Pros:
1) Gives a nice satin-matte finish
2) Gives medium-full coverage
3) Lots of shades for people with light skin.
4) Packaging is quite neat.
5) Easy to blend.
6) Affordable.
7) Sweat,heat and transfer resistant.
8) Long lasting.

Cons:
1) I have sensitive skin and this foundation broke me out in just one day. It might work better for skin that are not sensitive or acne-prone
2) It gives medium coverage with one layer but if you opt for full coverage it looks cakey and feels heavy.
3) Not a lot of shades for darker skin tone.

It's a good foundation if you're looking for a drugstore foundation. But since I have sensitive skin it broke me out. So I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by missmaddie91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have been really fed up with drugstore foundations recently. I have tried so many and the closest I had come to my ultimate was cover girl stay fabulous and even that had been looking cakey on me recently. I had tried this product years ago but was never that impressed but recently they have re released it with new packaging so I gave it a try as it was on sale. I am not normally a big fan of Rimmel but This foundation is AMAZING!! It soaks into the skin making the face look flawless! The texture is not too thick or thin, it covers blemished wonderfully and last all day! I am an oily faced girl and this did not get shiny at all and stayed perfect even at the end of the day. It is a must try! Especially since atm it is only $12. So happy I have finally found a foundation that I love <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by MAHewitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have never tried any Rimmel product before so I was pleasantly surprised. The only negative thing is the size of the bottle; it's so small!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by SuiteFrancaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! I would totally buy this it at the regular price, because even then it is not expensive. It is cheap, gives GREAT coverage, is not streaky or splotchy, and actually does last hours and hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lindylu2202

I cannot believe after all the foundations I have tried, that Rimmel ended up being my HG foundation. I love this stuff. I have this on hand and Estee Lauder Double Wear, I reach for the Rimmel over the Estee Lauder every single day since purchasing.

Things I love about it, 1. GREAT coverage. 2. Does NOT break me out 3. Great packaging 4. The color Ivory blends into my skin 5.Lasts ALLLLLL day. 6. Super cheap.

I have combination skin, an oily T- Zone, dry around my nose and mouth, this foundation does not slide off my face and does not settle into my dry patches. If you are on the fence about buying, just go ahead and do it. It's cheap, if you don't like it, you can throw it away!

Edited to add, I don't always use powder (you don't have to with this foundation) but when I do, I like to set this with Benefit's Hello Flawless and my combo crazy skin truly looks...flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by rosiexpancakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The shade is good, not too orangey, but it feels sticky and cakey. Reasonable coverage though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jsunny

THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION.
I cannot believe that I'm actually saying this since I've tried over 15 different foundations and 90% of them were high end. I've tried from Tarte to Revlon and this is the best foundation I have used. I suffer from a lot of redness and blackheads and I am EXTREMELY oily. Also, I have serrborheic dermatitis which is oily flakes on the skin which almost every foundation either really accentuates the flakes or really accentuates the oil. This doesn't do either. The coverage is semi matte and does not contain shimmers. The consistancy is a bit liquidy so sometimes when you open the foundation too fast, too much product might come out too much. Like I stated before, I do have extreme oil on my face so I do have to blot every 4 hours but with other foundations I have to blot every hour. The foundation does not separate around my pores either or sink into my scaly flakes. Tip for oily gals: put on foundation, lightly dust with matte powder, spray a setting spray, powder immedially again using a puff to push the powder onto the skin) I absolutely love this product but the only downside is that the lightest shade is a bit too dark for my skin time. Other than that I love this product and I will probably never buy another foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Decent foundation. Not my favorite but better than some of the other drugstore foundations I have tried.
The lasting power was ok not the best and shade wise they can use some improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ddeveney87

This product can often be found in Boots on offer. Much to my delight! Absolutely love this, its so reasonably priced anyway even when not on offer and gives amazing coverage on my far from perfect skin. Has been a godsend at times!1 Definitely worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

I have been using this foundation for such a long time and I've re-purchased around four bottles so I feel like I know it pretty well! :) Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Price
Blendability
Natural coverage
Lasts fairly well
Does not break me out

Cons:

Can get oily
Palest shade isn't pale enough for my natural skin tone
Doesn't last allll day

If you'd like to see my YouTube review on this product, here it is:

PS - I could not be happier that MakeupAlley now allows us to embed our YouTube reviews!