August 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne and my skin gets dried out from the topical creams I use. This product leaves my skin feeling just as dry as it was before and the smell is TOO STRONG. Smells like garniers hair products so it makes me feel like I'm putting hair products on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Misterdonut

Ugh. Didnt like the smell (very strong) and jar packaging was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by FitFemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to oily skin, and a bright sunny climate (LA), I have always avoided moisturizer and used sunscreen instead. But I was getting dry patches and really needed a light moisturizer under my sunscreen and makeup. Enter Moisture Rescue! It quite truly came to the rescue! I have used it for a month and my skin looks so pretty. And get this, it even helped with hormonal acne. Because if not moisturizing wasn't bad enough, I was also layering benzoyl peroxide under my sunscreen and makeup. I KNOW. But now I just use this and boom, only two teeny blemishes, and I mean teeny. I will use this stuff forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a super expensive cream for the quantity and the quality. After all, it is just a decoction of chemicals.
One thing I noticed is this cream will create a 'moisture-craving'. I tested this by applying the cream in humid weather, while my face was already hydrated. Sure enough, it added some moisture to the skin.
After some hours, my face dried out quite a lot than before applying the cream the first time, requiring the cream to be reapplied. In short, the cream has some chemicals (probably alcohol variant?) that results in a vicious 'normal->hydrated->more dry->hydrated->even more dry' cycle.

Using aloe gel and rose water works just fine and it does not make my skin drier than it started with. I don't know why folks would want to use this gel cream unless they want to dry out their skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Elsita123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this gel yesterday. It was between the green one (for normal/combo skin) and the pink (dry skin) so glad pick it up the green one. Is the perfect summer moisturizer. Great to use it before makeup, makes the skin so soft and the makeup so pretty. I put in the fridge to feel the cooling sensation and to close my pores. Great great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great moisturizer for oil/combo-skinned people. It's very light and dries quickly, and I really felt like it added moisture to my skin. It also has that lovely Garnier smell.

One of my (only) major problems with this product is that it doesn't really have any benefits for your skin. It is simply meant to hydrate your face. I also don't like having to dip my fingers into the jar to get the product out, and I think that while it only cost me $9 for the jar, the jar itself didn't last very long. You don't get that much product. I think I finished a jar in about two months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Melodically

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin and I love this moisturizer! I've been testing it for weeks now and I'm glad to say it works really well for me. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make my hormonal breakouts worse, and it keeps me moisturized all night and in the morning my skin feels great. You only need a little bit of product to do the job. I've noticed a comment saying it made their face greasy, I didn't find that happening to me.
The only con for me is that it's in a jar instead of pump.

Another con is for those who are ingredient-conscious: there are a lot compounds in here that would be questionable for you. For example, it has Chlorphenesin. In here it's acting as a preservative since it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties BUT it is also a muscle relaxant and can cause a skin allergy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by orangeinsanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff. Keeps my face moisturized during the winter! If you are lacking water moisture in your skin this is going to make your skin feel lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a decent job at moisturizing and it smells really good but It broke me out like crazy! And it makes your face feel disgustingly greasy when you put it on. I would not recommend if you even have mildly sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great moisturizer for oily / combo skin! Lightweight, smells amazing, & sinks in quick & doesn't add too oily ness / shine. :-)