November 27, 2014 | 1662 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product wouldn't be too bad if it were not for the sickeningly sweet fragrance. I tried it as a dupe for H2O+ face oasis. Not so much. I have a feeling it has more silicones also, as it felt too smooth going on, and didn't soak in like I hoped.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think it is just fine for younger skins, or normal skins...it you are older, it isn't nourishing enough, or if your skin is on the dry side..the texture is nice but dries real fast on my skin..would be ok in summer, but persinally , this isn't for me, I need more hydrating...
good for under 30 , or women who like light hydration.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by skittlemesweet20o5

For someone like myself I have combination skin it's super dry at times but can get oily but not crazy oily for years I've tried everything from high end to drug store products nothing worked till I bought this, it's super light weight an help to keep my dryness at bay, although it didn't cure it, which is what I'm essentially looking for, with this somethimes the dryness does come back an i have to reapply, sometimes i can get my makeup smooth most of the time i have to slap it on then apply my powder an then reapply the moisturizer again, thats too many steps so i stick to my vaseline (an after today, my aqauphor, also did a review for that) i still have the green one but just went an bought the pink one today since this weather has my skin going crazy and along with aqauphor it's amazing, by itself I did notice a huge difference as well once I finish the green one I will be sticking to the pink one for dry skin as it works better but amazing product my only problem is the price $10 per jar, for me that's pricey for a drug store product but it works, so, well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturizer for well over a year and I love it. I have combination skin that's sensitive and acne-prone. Prior to using this, the skin around my nose was very dry and inflamed. In fact, I thought I had dry skin because my last moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer) just wasn't cutting it anymore. One day a friend recommended this for those awful flaky, dry patches and I was honestly amazed. It helped immediately, made my skin feel soft, and felt so soothing. It's a gel of course, which seems thick if you're used to thin cream moisturizers, but it sinks right into the skin without a trace. I've never noticed any stickiness. I haven't had any dry patches since I started using it and it's never caused any breakouts. The smell is a bit odd but it fades immediately. I do wish it came in a pump because that would be more sanitary but this works so well that I really don't mind. I've repurchased it multiple times and will continue to use it. The price at my local Wal-Mart is ridiculous at $14 but surprisingly the dollar store carries it for $7.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just a lightweight moisturizer nothing special.
It does feel cool due to the gel consistency but my skin did not like it.
I wish I did not purchase it. I do not care for a plain moisturizer I like it to have beneficial ingredients for my skin or at least sunscreen.
I think if you are someone who does just want a light weight moisturizer then this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by beccaeddleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Moisturizer is perfect for people with oily skin and don't want something heavy on their face throughout the day. It just sinks into your skin so nice and makes your face feel so soft afterward with no unwanted residue. I think it smells great but I'm not weird about fragrances in my products.

I'm EXTREMELY acne prone and i truly think this HELPS with my breakouts. It contains alcohol so I think that helps to dry them out, yet it never dries out my actual skin. I've had wayyyy less breakouts since i started using this daily. I know my current skincare routine helps too but I've never had a moisturizer feel this good. I was at the point where i wasn't even wearing a moisturizer during the day because everything would make me oily.

I really love this stuff - the smell, the feel, the price, the accessibility to it, even the color makes me feel better putting it on my red face haha.
My secret, which I learned from "ssssamanthaa", it to spritz some sort of liquid onto your face (I switch off between Mario Badescu Rose Water, Josie Maran Rosey Mist, Mac Fix+, and Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray), before you apply the moisturizer. She explained that moisturizer traps moisture that's already on your skin and locks it in throughout the day. Now, I don't know how true that is, but I do know that this moisturizer feels better, sinks in nicer, and applies smoother when my face is misted/damp with some sort of spray. So it's a step i never forget.

I would recommend this moisturizer for people with combo to oily skin. I love the way it feels. It's so lightweight and refreshing. It's worth trying.

P.S. I want to add that if you're struggling with acne and nothing seems to be working, try catering to your skin type instead of trying to treat your acne. It's helped me a hell of a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a month ago, read some negative reviews, tried it once, went "ick" and put it in my drawer. Last night I tried it again out of boredom. This morning my face feels amazing-- all soft and exfoliated.

It's not what you expect in a moisturizer, it may seem a little bracing at first, but it works! I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Megans258

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is seriously one of my favorite products that I've ever used. I love the texture. I've purchased it consistently for the past 3 years. If you have dry skin, I REALLY recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on vacation when I accidentally left my toiletry bag on my bathroom counter at home (needless to say, I was mad). I had bought this for my sister in the past based on Allure magazine naming it the best oil-free moisturizer in October 2010; she liked it (two lippies for her sake). I hated it. I should note that my regular moisturizer is La Mer Moisturizing Gel-Crème so this Garnier moisturizer felt like torture. It was sticky and thick. Not matter how much or little I applied it never absorbed properly and felt sticky. Gross. Plus its fragrance was very synthetic. I ended up skipping moisturizer completely and just going from bare skin to sunscreen (which was drying, but better than sticky). At least this moisturizer didn’t cause a breakout. After returning home and using La Mer again, I gave this to my sister. I won’t buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne and my skin gets dried out from the topical creams I use. This product leaves my skin feeling just as dry as it was before and the smell is TOO STRONG. Smells like garniers hair products so it makes me feel like I'm putting hair products on my face.